• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

BobP

Memri Fan
It's weird, I still don't think of Man City as a big club in my head. They just don't have an identity to me, just seems like a plaything for the Sheikhs.

Anytime they win something I just feel complete apathy. Like it didn't matter at all.

It's true.

I don't feel threatened. I think that's the most appropriate word.

Neither their players nor their fans are particularly dislikable either.

Chelsea would be the same I think but they hit the jackpot when it came to dislikable players, fans, and managers.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It's true.

I don't feel threatened. I think that's the most appropriate word.

Neither their players nor their fans are particularly dislikable either.

Chelsea would be the same I think but they hit the jackpot when it came to dislikable players, fans, and managers.

Chelsea quickly built an identity (being ****s :lol: ) under Mourinho. Their playstyle was easy to describe, they had a mix of international stars and English legends. There was personality, good and bad, led by a charismatic manager.

City has just been a massive cash injection followed generic as **** football played by a completely character-void squad. They have good/great players/world class players, but they severely lack a John Terry/Lampard/Cech etc. Someone who was there from the start. The closest they had was Zabaleta.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea quickly built an identity (being ****s :lol: ) under Mourinho. Their playstyle was easy to describe, they had a mix of international stars and English legends. There was personality, good and bad, led by a charismatic manager.

City has just been a massive cash injection followed generic as **** football played by a completely character-void squad. They have good/great players/world class players, but they severely lack a John Terry/Lampard/Cech etc. Someone who was there from the start. The closest they had was Zabaleta.

The closest they had for me was Joe Hart, he was at the club since 2006. Not an academy player but the closest thing they still (sort of) have to it. Despite being a knob at times, he did have character and personality. Easy to forget now but he was a breath of fresh air after the Paul Robinson's and Rob Green's in the National set up. Not many teams win the league with English goalkeepers these days.

They still have Vincent Kompany tbf, as injury prone as he is. He's been there since the very start of the project and lifts all the trophies. 10 seasons for Man City.

Think I'm also coming to terms with Agüero being a Premier League legend as well as of course being a Man City legend. There's probably a spot for Yaya, Zabaleta and Silva somewhere in their club history but it's mostly mercenaries - Carlos Tevez encapsulating this the most.

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The closest they had for me was Joe Hart, he was at the club since 2006. Not an academy player but the closest thing they still (sort of) have to it. Despite being a knob at times, he did have character and personality. Easy to forget now but he was a breath of fresh air after the Paul Robinson's and Rob Green's in the National set up. Not many teams win the league with English goalkeepers these days.

They still have Vincent Kompany tbf, as injury prone as he is. He's been there since the very start of the project and lifts all the trophies. 10 seasons for Man City.

Think I'm also coming to terms with Agüero being a Premier League legend as well as of course being a Man City legend. There's probably a spot for Yaya, Zabaleta and Silva somewhere in their club history but it's mostly mercenaries - Carlos Tevez encapsulating this the most.

Agree on Hart, but Kompany as a character is just a blank forehead. Aguero is also such a bland character compared to Drogba.

Aguero is a top class player and easily one of the best in PL history, but the impact he left on the league feels much lesser than someone like Suarez or hell, even Torres. Maybe it's because both of those played for clubs where they weren't just surrounded with mercenaries, making them feel more special.

I think a big part of it is the lack of any form of creativity or ingenuity in their approach; it's a sledgehammer to any problem. Player X isn't performing as expected? **** him and replace him with player Y for a massive amount of £££. There's a lack of continuity and managerial influence that makes them hollow.

I liked Ferguson because he was able to win the league and compete in Europe with some absolute dross on the pitch at times. I still remember when you lot won against Arsenal with Rafael, Fabio, O'Shea and Gibson all starting. Rafael and Fabio played as wingers ffs :lol: Felt like he put that lineup out just to troll.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
It's weird, I still don't think of Man City as a big club in my head. They just don't have an identity to me, just seems like a plaything for the Sheikhs.

Anytime they win something I just feel complete apathy. Like it didn't matter at all.
The club has no soul. Even Chelsea have a soul, even if it's half of one.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Go on then, I'll bite, why, exactly, in your opinion, do we 'have no soul'?
Because of the money you've spent. The impact your spending has had on transfers in this country is criminal. **** players are going for stupid sums and it's entirely the fault of City. Chelsea may have been first but City have taken it to another level and beyond.

Pointing to PSG is no defence.

Because of the money you've spent. The impact your spending has had on transfers in this country is criminal. **** players are going for stupid sums and it's entirely the fault of City. Chelsea may have been first but City have taken it to another level and beyond.

Pointing to PSG is no defence.
It's entirely the fault of City, really? Our record signing cost £35m LESS than Pogba and Lukaku, £146m less than Neymar.

Ferguson broke the transfer record more times than any other manager in the top flight, paying £30m for players nearly TWENTY years ago.

I can assure you, our club still very much has a soul, and always will have, despite the bitterness from some quarters.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I absolutely LOVE the bitterness in here haha!

LOL some of us can be bitter - like every other club. Personally, I welcome other teams' supporters as it gives us a different view. Must say, City look amazing this season and as you said "best football since our Invincible group."

The whole thing about "no soul" is stupid - every club has history - some just different then others.

Anyways, welcome to our forum where you'll find some interesting members if you haven't yet LOL

Latest posts+

Top Bottom