• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2018

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I also thing there is lot of unreal expectations from fans and the board. I'm into my second season and five games and made one draw at Anfield where they scored from corner at 96 minute. Apparently both fans and the board are unhappy with that game. Sure.

I don't know, the fan outrage seems fairly on point from my experience watching Arsenal Fan TV and match threads on here :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The more I play the more horror the match engine really is. One thing I notice now is when player score he is often wrongly assisted. Like when Lacazette scored penalty he was assisted by my unused sub Oliver Giroud.

I also thing there is lot of unreal expectations from fans and the board. I'm into my second season and five games and made one draw at Anfield where they scored from corner at 96 minute. Apparently both fans and the board are unhappy with that game. Sure.

Speaking of that corner goal at Anfield. I changed my corners to short corners which worked. But when I wanted Fekir to come back in defensive corners and help out he never did. I tried like 3 times but he always stayed forward. In the end I conceded from corner. I was mad!
i always lose my tactics, especially my player roles and set piece instructions. They get reset for some reason.

You guys too face glitches in the game when the players suddenly turn all black?

Or conceding a penalty for no reason?
the black player thing is aknown bug.

Managed do get my first ever double figure victory in FM and I have played most FM's every since Kompany and Anthony Vanden Borre were the best wonderkids which was I think FM 2008!

Won 12-0 against Rochdale in FA Cup. :lol:

Good stuff.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Managed do get my first ever double figure victory in FM and I have played most FM's every since Kompany and Anthony Vanden Borre were the best wonderkids which was I think FM 2008!

Won 12-0 against Rochdale in FA Cup. :lol:

Good stuff.
What formation and tactics do you run?

What formation and tactics do you run?

Been back and fourth between 3-4-3(few variations of it really) and 4-2-3-1 wide. Won nothing first season but have started this season very well with 4-2-3-1 so I'm not changing it anytime soon.

Everything in tactics is pretty balanced. Wide/Narrow is balanced. Tempo is normal. I retain possession with mixed passing and play out of the defence. Bellerin is unreal in my save, and when he is on fire I exploit the right flank and look for the overlap. Tell them to be more expressive.

That is it really. I shouldn't be saying anything because though I'm pretty bad at tactics. I always let assistant manager decide between flexible, standard, control and that stuff.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I kept losing with Bolton (which is realistic actually) but then I found out that somehow all my roles and set-piece instruction had been wiped.

pretty frustrated with this really

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Playing 4-3-1-2 and in home games nobody can stop me. In away games I either play 4-1-2-3 or 3-4-1-2. Important to be defensively solid in away games.

al-Ustaadh

Been back and fourth between 3-4-3(few variations of it really) and 4-2-3-1 wide. Won nothing first season but have started this season very well with 4-2-3-1 so I'm not changing it anytime soon.

Everything in tactics is pretty balanced. Wide/Narrow is balanced. Tempo is normal. I retain possession with mixed passing and play out of the defence. Bellerin is unreal in my save, and when he is on fire I exploit the right flank and look for the overlap. Tell them to be more expressive.

That is it really. I shouldn't be saying anything because though I'm pretty bad at tactics. I always let assistant manager decide between flexible, standard, control and that stuff.

Do you play with inside forwards or wingers? And what about your backline?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I ended replacing Alexis with Hirving Lozano for 22M euros this guy is f**king amazing!

al-Ustaadh

Playing a 2-3-2-3 on attack. I never play any other way, whether home or away.

Sold: Alexis (70 million), Özil (50), Elneny (25), Coquelin (29), Walcott (15), Giroud (25), Monreal (15) and Debuchy (7)

Loaned: Holding, Reine-Adelaide, and Maitland-Niles

Then preceded to overhaul the squad with young talent and players transfer listed by the bigger clubs. Still have 100 million+ in the bank with 25 million per week in wages available to use.

Bought: Domenico Berardi (25 million), Leon Goretzka (70; half in installments), Andrija Zivkovic (50; half in installments), Alex Telles (15), Aleix Vidal (8), Gotiku Sakai (16), Lucas Torreira (38), and Leonardo da Silva-Lopes (4).

Loaned w/ option to buy: Andre Gomes

Starting lineup:

----------------Alexander Lacazette

Alex Iwobi--------------------------Domenico Berardi

---------Andre Gomes------Leon Goretzka

Alex Telles---------Granit Xhaka------------Hector Bellerin

-------Laurent Koscielny----Shkodran Mustafi-------------

----------------------Petr Cech-------------------

Usual bench: Welbeck, Zivkovic, Wilshere, Ramsey, Terreira, Aleix Vidal, and Kolasinac

Remainder of registered squad: Nelson, Gotiku Sakai, Chambers, Mertesacker, Ospina, Macey, Nketiah

Unregistered: Sheaf, Willock, and Leonardo da Silva-Lopes (trying to groom him to be a homegrown Sakai).

Plan to sell Cazorla (if I can) in January and then after the season to replace Mertesacker with Holding, sell the rest of the dross on loan (Jenkinson, Lucas, etc.), sell Welbeck, sell Maitland-Niles, and sell Ospina.

Then I'm going to make a big push for Griezmann as a replacement for Welbeck (my plan is to be qualified for the CL to do so; I also plan on offering ridiculous wages, which is why I have so much money saved up) and buy a sweeper keeper (Cech is actually pretty good as a sweeper keeper but he's getting up there in age, so I need somebody to take over for him eventually). I play with a false nine at striker (Lacazette is amazing) and I plan on doing the same with Griezmann. If I can't get him, then I'm thinking of trying to get Benzema on the cheap.

My team dominates with the tactics I run (push high up the pitch, play offside, prevent GK distribution, always close down, tactical hard tackling, direct passing on attack with high tempo, very fluid, pass into space, low crosses, roam, play out of the back, work ball into box, freedom to express; basically, I'm running a Guardiola-esque system haha). My strength is really my depth though - two deep in every position. It allows me to rotate constantly without any problems. I take chances with the young talent too. For example, if I have to because of injury, I'll start Nelson at Old Trafford, etc.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
D27968B8DB2D53490424F4C78696EE408D3177C1

First Wenger one I've seen

BobP

Memri Fan
Playing a 2-3-2-3 on attack. I never play any other way, whether home or away.

Sold: Alexis (70 million), Özil (50), Elneny (25), Coquelin (29), Walcott (15), Giroud (25), Monreal (15) and Debuchy (7)

Loaned: Holding, Reine-Adelaide, and Maitland-Niles

Then preceded to overhaul the squad with young talent and players transfer listed by the bigger clubs. Still have 100 million+ in the bank with 25 million per week in wages available to use.

Bought: Domenico Berardi (25 million), Leon Goretzka (70; half in installments), Andrija Zivkovic (50; half in installments), Alex Telles (15), Aleix Vidal (8), Gotiku Sakai (16), Lucas Torreira (38), and Leonardo da Silva-Lopes (4).

Loaned w/ option to buy: Andre Gomes

Starting lineup:

----------------Alexander Lacazette

Alex Iwobi--------------------------Domenico Berardi

---------Andre Gomes------Leon Goretzka

Alex Telles---------Granit Xhaka------------Hector Bellerin

-------Laurent Koscielny----Shkodran Mustafi-------------

----------------------Petr Cech-------------------

Usual bench: Welbeck, Zivkovic, Wilshere, Ramsey, Terreira, Aleix Vidal, and Kolasinac

Remainder of registered squad: Nelson, Gotiku Sakai, Chambers, Mertesacker, Ospina, Macey, Nketiah

Unregistered: Sheaf, Willock, and Leonardo da Silva-Lopes (trying to groom him to be a homegrown Sakai).

Plan to sell Cazorla (if I can) in January and then after the season to replace Mertesacker with Holding, sell the rest of the dross on loan (Jenkinson, Lucas, etc.), sell Welbeck, sell Maitland-Niles, and sell Ospina.

Then I'm going to make a big push for Griezmann as a replacement for Welbeck (my plan is to be qualified for the CL to do so; I also plan on offering ridiculous wages, which is why I have so much money saved up) and buy a sweeper keeper (Cech is actually pretty good as a sweeper keeper but he's getting up there in age, so I need somebody to take over for him eventually). I play with a false nine at striker (Lacazette is amazing) and I plan on doing the same with Griezmann. If I can't get him, then I'm thinking of trying to get Benzema on the cheap.

My team dominates with the tactics I run (push high up the pitch, play offside, prevent GK distribution, always close down, tactical hard tackling, direct passing on attack with high tempo, very fluid, pass into space, low crosses, roam, play out of the back, work ball into box, freedom to express; basically, I'm running a Guardiola-esque system haha). My strength is really my depth though - two deep in every position. It allows me to rotate constantly without any problems. I take chances with the young talent too. For example, if I have to because of injury, I'll start Nelson at Old Trafford, etc.

The ONLY formation to use.

Have great memories with an ultra attacking 2-3-2-3/4-3-3 on FM 15.

IIRC the TIs were somewhat similar if a little less subtle:

More Direct Passing
Pass Into Space
Play Out Of Defence
Low Crosses
Run At Defence
Shoot On Sight

Exploit The Flanks
Look for Overlaps

Play Narrower
Push Higher Up
Roam From Positions

Close Down Much More
Stay On Feet
Use Tighter Marking
Use Offside Trap
Prevent Short GK Distribution

Much Higher Tempo
Be More Expressive

Possession was the least of my concern so I never really bothered with working the ball into the box. Despite dominating a game in terms of score I'd often end up with below 50% possession. I also hated selecting shoot on sight as players would take pot shots in stupid situations but it just worked so I left it

Stamina and speed were absolutely crucial in just about all the positions as the players would burn out rapidly because of the system.

I think it broke the game though because I should have been conceding at a much higher rate but I was normally quite good defensively. It sounds too straightforward but it was almost like the game had decided to reward you handsomely for aggressively pursuing shots.

al-Ustaadh

Has anybody had any success with Fekir as an inside forward on the right?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom