• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Really? He plays almost every game! Is always there for the celebration! Good defender, Good attacker, good stamina. Everywhere on the pitch! Fashion icon outside of it! Future captain if he stays!
Not one of those traits is what is needed for a captain other than perhaps plays every game. You need huge influence as a captain. You need a massive understanding of the game, one which surpasses the average player. You need diplomacy and aggression. I don;t think He has any of those. I love the lad. But future Captain, come on, that;'s really pushing it.

Zaza

He has been great this season. Can't think of 3 rb/rwb that have performed better so far. Can/still get better. I'm really glad we sold the Ox.

Not one of those traits is what is needed for a captain other than perhaps plays every game. You need huge influence as a captain. You need a massive understanding of the game, one which surpasses the average player. You need diplomacy and aggression. I don;t think He has any of those. I love the lad. But future Captain, come on, that;'s really pushing it.

You are just describing captains of the past imo. Besides he has huge influence and great understanding. Diplomacy too I would say!

Captain material imo! Future Mr. Arsenal!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Gets on my nerves more then most of the other guys, but I do know he is still only 22 and getting better, and more comfortable in a new role.
What I always thought of him and it gets more clear with each game, is that he is not at his best as a line hug wing-back.
If you ask me, he has a great feel for the game and a great vision for a fullback. Problems start when he ends up playing as a pure wide man. He’ll make a good run but his crossing wont be as good. His 1 on 1 on the wing, when he wants to beat a man and cross is also poor. Its not even a dribbling but a simple touch with hos left feet to create little space to run into and cross. Usually it gets blocked, and if it gets thru it wont cause much trouble.

But, as soon as he is involved more in the final third and has options around him to pass to (most importantly wide right, which is usually where he ends up) he shows his talent. With his nice vision he’ll make a smart little pass, make a move (which in this case wont be on the touch line) and become super dangerous. He has ability to score good amount of goals and make more assist, and generally make us more dangerous as a team if he did that more offten. Cant really blame him cause besides him no one goes wide right during the game in this system. If Alexis was what he is but a left footed player playing on the right I am positive Bellerin would explode. This way Özil does help him to make good runs, but there is much more to Bellerins game than that, and by pushing him to hug the line is not really helping him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Once he gets that final ball down he’ll be the complete wing back. Needs to look at Kolasinac a bit more, now that’s a guy that almost always makes the right decision in the final third and created a lot of chances.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I think defensively Bellerin is underrated. His positioning is actually very good. His recovery pace is obviously a huge asset and he times his tackles well.

Going forward though, there's a bunch of room for improvement. Doesn't take on his man enough, with his pace he should be skinning his opposite number every week.

He's very good at keeping possession but doesn't penetrate enough with direct running. Someone should sit him in a room and play him Cafu videos for 10 hours straight. Then we'd have the best RB in the world.

IslingtonBornandbred

Sometimes when he's one on one, all it needs is a push of the ball or a drop of the shoulder to get a yard and then whip it in with purpose. Kyle Walker's quite good at it. You don't need to be Messi, you just literally need to work a yard and then fire it across. Hector's been schooled by La Masia and Wenger though, so his first thought is to keep possession and when in those dangerous situations he often just cuts in and lays it off.

I'm sure Lacazette would love it!

yybecause

Week after week this guy has been awful. As a favorite of AW there’s no way he’ll be benched, and I dont want him to get hurt, but please Hector, show some balls, kick somebody really hard, get a red card and go home watch some highlights for few weeks until you are ready to play some football

skip spence

Hector is a bit ****e isn't he? Hurt me to say so because I had high hopes for him. But I can hardly remember when I last was exited about him getting the ball in a threatening position. Always seems to fall so flat. Can't dribble, can't cross, can't score, is he even that fast any longer? Seem to recall this searing pace but now... he's just kinda quick. :(

Jae

If Debuchy keeps playing like he did the other night then Wenger may have a few team selection issues...

Just joking Wenger never drops his favourites.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The absolute joke is that posters were naming this lad as a future captain. Can **** off to Barca if he carries on like this.

yybecause

Can he get any worse than he is atm?
Love him, but his form is getting more and more worrying. I strongly believe all he needs is to be benched for few games so he gets some mental rest.

Vibra

Established Member
Where did all his moves go? He was so creative for the u21 team, the main man going forward while playing at right back. It's obviously harder against real footballers but how can you be this one dimensional

Still don't see the problem with him. Nothing worse than other players attacking wise where the whole team has been struggling a bit. He is defending well and trying to built connections with Iwobi. I always feel he is not long away from being dangerous. His volley was badly taken but he got him self into that position which is encouraging!

Still captain material for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom