• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Barcelona view Özil as a more accessible alternative to Coutinho, £17m is the figure mentioned. From Mundo Deportivo:

The FC Barcelona continues to work face to be reinforced in the winter. Philippe Coutinho is the priority for youth (25 years), quality and versatility, but his case is complicated. The information that comes out of the club azulgrana is that Liverpool does not want to sell and if agreed to do so would be a very expensive operation. There will be a last attempt to force a negotiation by the Brazilian.

In any case, the desire of Barça is to incorporate in January an offensive medium that gives relief to Andres Iniesta to aspire to win everything this season. If it can not be Coutinho , another will come. There is a free chip in the template. And one of the best situated alternatives is that of Mesut Özil (29 years old, Arsenal ). The conclusion of the Barça club's technicians is that there are not so many Barça players that can play the Champions League and that they can go out in the winter at an affordable price. Özil meets these four requirements.

The name of the German of the Arsenal has already been on the table in meetings of technical planning of the Barça for his quality and his contractual situation. And it is that Özil ends contract on June 30, does not want to renew with Arsenal and, therefore, his club can not ask for a high price for him knowing that in summer 2018 ends contract. At least, if you want to get some revenue and not see him leave for free.

In this sense, and as MD has learned, the club has already made moves to know what would be the price of the German international, which various media in England assessed at ten or fifteen million euros. The information that the Barça club manages today is that Özil would cost something more, about 20 million euros.

An amount that is making Barca meditate very seriously on his signing. The reality is that the Plan A of Robert Fernandez is Coutinho , but the Barca leaders do not want to limit themselves to that player. If not, they run the risk of running out of nothing as happened in the summer with Coutinho himself and Di Maria . His hiring was attempted until the last day but neither his arrival nor his Plan B was activated.

The technicians of Barça have not stopped since the end of summer. It has combed the European market and the truth is that they like players like the aforementioned Di Maria (PSG), Lemar (Monaco) and the cracks of Tottenham Eriksen and Dele Alli , but now they are not available. They are very expensive and also their clubs do not want to sell in the winter market.

Meanwhile, Özil is 29 years old but it is considered that he could give at least three seasons of good football. Pep Segura , sports manager, appreciates him as Plan B. He is fit and is a starter in his club and with the German team, of which he is captain. That yes, it generates some doubts a certain shadow of indolence that surrounds him.

The German ends contract in 2018 and does not want to renew knowing that it has a market. Arsenal does not rule out selling it in January. In fact, Arsène Wenger has admitted that Özil has offers of large clubs for winter being one of them Barca . The Alsatian technician sees it difficult to continue and does not hide it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would sell but Real have done the 'non Barce' clause before so they may have no choice but wait for Ozils contract to expire. Would be a great move for them & him.

Reactions: A_G

Oh_Snap

I would sell but Real have done the 'non Barce' clause before so they may have no choice but wait for Ozils contract to expire. Would be a great move for them & him.
The clause just says that Barca has to ask Real if it's ok iirc. Real doesn't have to say no just because ...
I remember that when he was in Madrid many Barca-Fans were wondering why he wasn't playing Barca as he'd breath barca-dna.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I still hold a hope that he may sign a new contract but if Barca are after him I think he'd swim there rather than sign for us. With both him & Alexis out this Jan & summer will be interesting.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We need Özil and Alexis to get CL football if we are going to compete for new shiny players in the summer, so it just isn’t worth it to sell him (and Alexis) now, no matter the price.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd sell him for 20 to barca then watch him play for manutd and under mourinho next season.

We can't do nothing both him and Alexis don't want to stay so better sell.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Wenger sells either Özil or Alexis in Jan then he's going back on the decision to keep them for their final year and risk losing them for free. All the talk of we dont need to sell, we have made a decision blah blah will show him to be a complete fraud. He should have sold in the summer and started rebuilding but he chose not to, he can't be relied on to make the right decisions any more and its been going on for several years now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel its just up to the buying team to offer a fair fee.

We showed with Ox twice & Alexis a fee can be agreed in a matter of days. All our talk was just that.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Think he’ll stay, Alexis not. If not, do in january what we should have done in july and sell

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
dont sell
neither him or alexis
they owe us a CL spot, then they can go **** themselves afterwards

without CL we are going to be be shopping for the likes of richarlison and Lallana next season, we need CL to go for bigger names.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom