• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Manchester United| December 2, 2017 | 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tbf to Mourinho, in any other season on record, he'd be top of the league or very very near, and the Utd fans would be backing his approach 100%.

Yeah but it's been evident since very early on that City are gonna take some stopping this season and settling for 0-0's at Anfield or trying to get a 0-0 at Chelsea isn't going to cut it this year. If they go for 0-0's in all 5 away fixtures against the top teams then that's 10 points dropped potentially more should they lose like they did at Stamford Bridge. That makes a huge difference.

This is his second season, he's has an expensively assembled squad with guys like Lukaku, Martial, Mata, Mkhitaryan and Pogba in their attack who've come in for absolutely huge money then someone like Ibra who's on massive wages and a young prospect like Rashford. It's not like they don't have the attacking talent to beat their top 6 rivals away from home. His away record against the top 6 since his victory at Anfield back in 2014 has been borderline abysmal. Not only that but it could potentially have a demoralising affect on his players too when they're constantly watching City being brave and getting results like they're doing, like their victory at the Bridge earlier this season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

United fans on twitter seem to be getting sick of Mourinho's approach against the top 6 away from home. How long will the majority of the fans put up with it if it doesn't result in titles?
They've scored more goals than everyone bar City and have the best goals against record in the league. They are second in the league. Some people just can't be happy.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He'll start with Welbz if fit and might play Alexis through the middle & use Welbz on the left

You're probably right, that's what I thought until today. Give it another 4 hours and we should know. tbh I dont think who ever starts up front will be the difference between winning and losing, I'm confident we will score who ever starts up front. Defense and midfield will be the key to not conceding.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A quiet easy night turned into a late one. Me and the wife on the sofa watching Suits she fell asleep I fired on Battlefront and next thing it was 2am and I had went through all but 6 bottles of a 24 pack of bud. I only stopped cause I thought **** these were meant to do me for the game tomorrow as well :lol:

I guess this is the finer side of football management. I made sure all the players were in bed and fully refreshed for tomorrow whereas I just got lit up smashing storm troopers.

Cheers @Makingtrax for the advice and the niceties.
Bet you're only watching Suits because of Meghan Markle.

Can't wait wait for the wedding to see Meghan's black mother on the balcony waving to the crowd alongside the rest of the royals. Bet Phillip will be seething at seeing the 'natives' joining his royal bloodline :lol::lol::lol:

Olivier_Giroud

The article is kinda right tho, United sign players like Lukaku and Pogba because of their brand and global appeal, especially the former at least Pogba is actually a top class midfielder while City sign players to win them games. Sane and Jesus weren't guys with the same global appeal as the megastar names that United sign but they produce more regularly. United are interested in on the field success but let's not pretend they don't put a lot of effort into their image and global appeal too.
You do realize that this guy has more than a billion global followers right?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Bet you're only watching Suits because of Meghan Markle.

Can't wait wait for the wedding to see Meghan's black mother on the balcony waving to the crowd alongside the rest of the royals. Bet Phillip will be seething at seeing the 'natives' joining his royal bloodline :lol::lol::lol:

I'm looking forward to mixed race grandchildren & great grandchildren, in the family album. Lets hope Phillip is still alive to see them bouncing on the queens knee :lol:

Tir Na Nog

They've scored more goals than everyone bar City and have the best goals against record in the league. They are second in the league. Some people just can't be happy.

They're 8 points off the lead and it's not very likely that they'll catch City. I thought Mourinho was brought in to get them back winning league titles and competing in the Champions League again. At the moment he's finished 6th, won a competition he said was beneath him a few years ago and is now lagging behind a rampant City side after spending a ridiculous amount of money. This is the standard for United, and there's already signs that there fans are getting sick of it.

I thought the idea of bringing in Mourinho was that he would guarantee immediate success.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You see the thing is with United, I have watched them a lot this season, they just aren't that good. Honestly after most games I just think, yeah they were ok, even if its a 3-0, 4-0 win. Most of their score lines make them look better than they are, they play average football and never seem like they batter teams. Maybe it's just me, but even though they are 2nd, I don't think they're that good.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Fellaini confirmed out. Shame Mourinho typically lied and Matic will be fully fit. We'd murder Pogba and Herrera in the middle.

Tir Na Nog

You see the thing is with United, I have watched them a lot this season, they just aren't that good. Honestly after most games I just think, yeah they were ok, even if its a 3-0, 4-0 win. Most of their score lines make them look better than they are, they play average football and never seem like they batter teams. Maybe it's just me, but even though they are 2nd, I don't think they're that good.

Their quality sees them through, when you've got the talents they've got then they can create stuff and produce even if the team isn't playing that well. Collectively and as a team the football their playing isn't anything special, they're like a decent mid-table side but at the end of the day if you've got guys like Rashford, Lukaku, Martial, Pogba, etc then they'll still manage to score or create a very good chance.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
This is a great test of both players & manager. A game against a very powerful UTD. team & a manager who knows how to neutralize Wenger's attacking plans & exploit it's weaknesses should give us a very good indication of where we are in our "progress".

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
will we concede ....I'm worried about keeping them quiet....what formation will we play...
Wenger won't change the 343. They can hurt us on the break so Xhaka in particular needs to be much more careful with his passing in dangerous areas/situations. They can transition on us quickly - Ramsey will have to be excellent on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom