• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Goncalo Guedes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He's not as big of a talent as Mbappe and Dembele, at least he hasn't proven that yet but he is a great talent. Hope Raul Sanllehi can do something about this because Wenger seems reluctant to go after these young and hyped players (Mbappe aside who is a generational talent and French).

LacaNewSigning

Maybe not as cultured and as complete as them two as they are the best young players in world football but with the right guidance, training and management he will explode. You can see the potential when you watch him play, he just needs to put it all together.

He was one of the stars at benfica in the youth champions league which forced PSG to buy him after he tore them to shreds.

Sticking point could be his super agent Mendes, as we all know Wenger doesn't really like that greasy thunderc*nt

LacaNewSigning

Hopefully he pushes for a move away and is smart enough to see that PSG have an abundance of talent in front of him and will struggle to break through. Also PSG are probably gonna buy a few new toys after the world cup because they can.

Impact

Established Member
Would be a world class signing. Will only leave if PSG choose to sell which quite frankly isn't outside of the realm of possibility given the abundance of forward talent they possess. We desperately need quality wide players.

LG10

Would be a world class signing. Will only leave if PSG choose to sell which quite frankly isn't outside of the realm of possibility given the abundance of forward talent they possess. We desperately need quality wide players.
Yep. Problem is he's a Mendes player and there will be lots of competition for him. A combo that will scare the club away from him most likely.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We have an agreement with PSG, but Guedes wants Valencia. Source is reliable.

avalonhse

PSG didn't want to include any buy-out clause for Valencia, I don't see it happening.

PSG must sell some because they decide to keep Neymar and Mbappe.
The question here is whether Arsenal want to make a gamble.

Would not leave for less than 40M. A high risk, high return investment.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A refreshingly smart kid.

A return to Valencia & La Liga looks the best move with lowest risk. Sure he could get more money elsewhere.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
So, if I would interpret this positively, I'd say there is still a chance if Valencia does not meet PSG's valuation. That might cause him to change his mind and join us.

I'd be completely in favor of this signing. We desperately need a winger!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Would be a really cool signing, but even as an Arsenal fan I can see why he'd want to go to Valencia. He obviously feels comfortable in Valencia, so naturally he'd rather stay there than risk another PSG-type scenario at Arsenal and derailing his career yet again.

These young wingers are getting snapped up though. There's a fair few of them about, but it's starting to look like a musical chairs situation. Gotta make sure you grab your chair before the music stops.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Haven’t been impressed by him when I’ve watched him play. I understand there’s a lot of hype surrounding him but I’d prefer Dembele or Bailey.

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Haven’t been impressed by him when I’ve watched him play. I understand there’s a lot of hype surrounding him but I’d prefer Dembele or Bailey.
Must say he didn't impress me too much during the World Cup either.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Strange that we have something agreed with PSG.

We usually operate in a way that we only go for a player after intermediaries have held talks to confirm the player's keen on the move...

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Must say he didn't impress me too much during the World Cup either.
Difficult to shine in a dysfunctional Portugal side with no midfield and hoof it to Ronaldo tactics.

His first half of last season was sensational. Valencia as a whole dropped down a notch in the second half but even when playing poorly he kept his ridiculous work rate, especially defensively, up all the time. He's top drawer and while I can see why he'd prefer Valencia to us we hopefully still have a chance given that Emery signed him in the past already.

billyf

I have watched him a couple of times. He has put some decent performances for Valencia, he's an energetic winger, he likes going 1v1 with defenders and carrying the ball. At the moment he is not a star player but he is a good prospect. I wouldn't mind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom