• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Would love to see him ahead of Bellerin at RB. Ironic that the Englishman is more technically gifted than the Catalonian.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I do think he has to learn how to use his body a bit better when he is in a 1-on-1 situation at this level. Sells himself a bit too early in the stand-up duels. Arnautovic dribbled him at least 4 times. That will come with more experience IMO.

We are starting to see how secure he is on the ball though. He is beginning to pace himself really well in terms of how quickly or slowly he uses the ball. That bodes well for a midfield berth. Didn't show much of his dribbling but with more game time.

I do think he has to learn how to use his body a bit better when he is in a 1-on-1 situation at this level. Sells himself a bit too early in the stand-up duels. Arnautovic dribbled him at least 4 times. That will come with more experience IMO.

We are starting to see how secure he is on the ball though. He is beginning to pace himself really well in terms of how quickly or slowly he uses the ball. That bodes well for a midfield berth. Didn't show much of his dribbling but with more game time.

He is very smart player. Not many young talents that main position is midfield or right back. Can start at age 20 in left back position and let the opposition team keep guessing if he is gonna cross with right or left for the whole game.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Arsène on his performance...

I felt that he played well,” the manager told Arsenal Player. “He played a little bit with the handbrake on in the first half but he defended well and gave good balls, showed calmness. In the second half he was even more adventurous and for me it is a positive performance.

“Playing in different positions to your preferred position is part of your job and it can only make you better.

The most important thing when you take that step is to convince people you can play at that level. If you do that for a while, then maybe you’ll get into your best position.

Good to see he still envisages a role in midfield.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Not good enough? He is more than good enough. FFS we have seen Elneny and Coquelin there. AMN is definitely better than both of them. He moves the ball quicker than any midfielder we have, he has a range of passing, he is fast, he can recover, he can tackle. He literally has everything to play holding midfielder apart from trust.
completely agreed, he has all the things that Coq and Elneny are purported to have, combined. he is faster than both, he is more agile and springly than both put together, and i think he has developed a decent tackling on both feet by now.
but i was particularly impressed by his calmness on the ball, he can really combined his physical qualities along with very tidy technique to buy himself space in tight situations. we know has a decent dribble and ball carrrying. as a dm/b2b, he doesn't need to do Okocha every 5 minutes, it's just that he can be trusted with a ball and not lose in any given area of the pitch. With Coq or Elneny, you're basically playing 10.5 men (rounded off to 9.5 if theo or giroud are involved)

of course, positioning and concentration will only come with time and experience, exactly what he is being deprived of (let's not forget, this match was probably an emergency, since we kola seems to be carrying an injury in recent weeks).

Relic

FFS......

"Ainsley Maitland-Niles (4) has more successful crosses than Hector Bellerin (3) and Sead Kolasinac (2) in the Premier League, despite playing 15 games fewer than Bellerin and 13 fewer than Kolasinac."

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

FFS......

"Ainsley Maitland-Niles (4) has more successful crosses than Hector Bellerin (3) and Sead Kolasinac (2) in the Premier League, despite playing 15 games fewer than Bellerin and 13 fewer than Kolasinac."

:lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arséne on his performance...

I felt that he played well,” the manager told Arsenal Player. “He played a little bit with the handbrake on in the first half but he defended well and gave good balls, showed calmness. In the second half he was even more adventurous and for me it is a positive performance.

“Playing in different positions to your preferred position is part of your job and it can only make you better.

The most important thing when you take that step is to convince people you can play at that level. If you do that for a while, then maybe you’ll get into your best position.

Good to see he still envisages a role in midfield.

Wenger said he envisaged Walcott as a striker and Ox as a CM for about 5 years. The frustration with AMN is he has the qualities we desperately lack in the midfielders Wenger is playing. AMN would actually make Xhaka a better player too.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wenger said he envisaged Walcott as a striker and Ox as a CM for about 5 years. The frustration with AMN is he has the qualities we desperately lack in the midfielders Wenger is playing. AMN would actually make Xhaka a better player too.
Fair point, really hope Wenger won't make the same mistake again.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nah mate Walcott and Ox envisaged themselves :lol: and Ox might still be one in the future .

Problem with AMN is purely experience and concentration for 90 mins . Also lacking a bit of intensity at times .

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Completly right on Ox, and if it wasnt for Ox’s biggest problem, himself, he would become top central mid

Excited about Niles on the other hand. Alonside Nelson and Willock, plus Iwobi, and it gives me plenty smiles.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think the reason Ox has struggled is because his best position is practically endangered: RM in a 4-4-2.

I hope there isn't perpetual positional uncertainty with AMN, but i'm very optimistic about him and our other wee'uns.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I think the reason Ox has struggled is because his best position is practically endangered: RM in a 4-4-2.

I hope there isn't perpetual positional uncertainty with AMN, but i'm very optimistic about him and our other wee'uns.

Ox should have taken either our offer or Chelsea's instead of going to Liverpool. I don't rate him as a winger or central midfielder but he's a brilliant RWB, think Wenger got that one spot on in the end. Took him long enough admittedly :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ox should have taken either our offer or Chelsea's instead of going to Liverpool. I don't rate him as a winger or central midfielder but he's a brilliant RWB, think Wenger got that one spot on in the end. Took him long enough admittedly :lol:

The fella's 24, how has no one told him yet that he's not a CM? Apparently he's gonna be a great CM cos he can drive past people...what is this, the 1920's? You need a wee bit more than that to be a CM nowadays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom