• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
From my understanding, this is is planned for 2019, when Arséne ends his current 2 yr tenure.

I agree.

We're in a transition period both in terms of the playing list and backroom staff, still a lot to be done before things settle.

This will be Wenger's last job before the reigns are handed over to Arteta.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta would be one part of the new "puzzle" albeit a big one. With Sanllehi, Mislintat and not to forgrt Per taking over the academy, it is a whole new structure taking place. Good setting for a young manager to step in.
It would be for sure. But the chances of him surviving in this climate, with this club, with oligarchs, with such critical assessment . . . is very slim.

Nice guy though, would really like it if he could succeed.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hmmmmm. Interesting to be fair. He is a very experienced professional and will have a variety of influences from Walter Smith, David Moyes, Wenger and now Pep.

Whoever is being lined up, and let's hope someone is, they're gonna have a tough job on their hands.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah but hiring Arteta is a lot more exiting than the old boring Ancelotti or someone b-grade manager like Klopp.

Lets do this ****!
It would be a very bold move by this board to appoint an unknown manager.

But they did it once before, even if it was a different time and place. And look how incredibly well that turned out.

There would be a lot of media pressure on them appointing an untested manager. Can see Merson calling them clueless.

But this board don't bow to pressure from pundits, as we all know.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Hmmmmm. Interesting to be fair. He is a very experienced professional and will have a variety of influences from Walter Smith, David Moyes, Wenger and now Pep.

Whoever is being lined up, and let's hope someone is, they're gonna have a tough job on their hands.

Adding Luis Fernandez (PSG) to the list.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just what we need, a manager that has never managed. We should try buying players that have never played! :)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'd give him a shot as an interim manager to replace a fired Wenger ;)

say yes

forum master baiter
I would rather Arteta has done what Guardiola and Zidane has done and that is to coach our youth teams for a few years. Being an assistant manager is very different from being a full manager and I don't think I need to remind people of the numerous super assistant managers of Ferguson who ended up being flops as full managers. All your top managers have their own style, own philosophy, and that is not something you can develop being the assistant manager of another top manager. Arteta is guaranteed to be a flop as manager if he thinks he can become Guardiola just from being his assistant. At least as a coach of youth team he can experiment and learn how to develop young players from scratch.

As it is Arteta is vastly unqualified and I am extremely uncomfortable with the idea of him as our next manager. Heck I would rather have Bould take over if you want an assistant manager as our next manager, at least Bould is more experienced than Arteta.

Yeah Arteta wouldn’t be my top choice at all. I want the next Arsenal manager to be as big a culture shock as possible to this complacent sack of **** football club.

Giving the managerial job to a former Wenger player who has never managed anywhere before would be my absolute nightmare.

That being said, I was just pointing out that if Arteta does want to go into management then learning from Guardiola is about as good as it gets.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

There must be a reason as to why the likes of Pochettino and Guardiola speak so highly of him.

That is an adage that is used for a football player. As a manager of Arsenal Football Club you have an entirely different set of responsibilities.

The days are gone where you could throw in an ex-player at a top club with no managerial experience. This isn't Leyton Orient.

IslingtonBornandbred

It carries over to Arteta because we'd be able to attract better talent to the club. Players would certainly want to play for Arteta more than Vieira, just given pedigree alone. For example, Pep has basically stated that Arteta is single-handedly responsible for Sterling's performance so far this season.

And while that's going on, Vieira's still stuck in the MLS.

And what do you mean by "hipster" option? WTF is that? If Arteta is a "hipster" option then Vieira certainly is as well.

Because Vieira's a leader of men. Not only was he a much stronger captain than Arteta, he actually has hands on experience of managing and leading groups. The MLS job is just a learning curve for him and hand on experience because they have a link with City.

Arteta's suddenly become a popular choice because he's good looking, has gel in his hair, is Spanish and is working under Pep who's doing well.

My point is, if we are throwing a relatively untested guy in, Vieira is a much better option based on what we need. But because Arteta has olive skin, and lovely hair, he's suddenly a great fit when he has literally no experience what so ever. Pep started at Barca B.

Arteta is a **** choice based on nothing and will take us further away from where we need to be.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
This is a piss take. In what world is it a good idea for a club striving to challenge for the league to appoint someone with no experience? Arteta might turn out to be the greatest manager ever, but based on what we know today, it’s a ridiculous risk.

Can’t see him being a great manager anyway. Lacks that edge in his personality. Don’t think any players would fear him. You need to be a little mental to be a top manager these days.

TriniGunner

This is a piss take. In what world is it a good idea for a club striving to challenge for the league to appoint someone with no experience? Arteta might turn out to be the greatest manager ever, but based on what we know today, it’s a ridiculous risk.

Can’t see him being a great manager anyway. Lacks that edge in his personality. Don’t think any players would fear him. You need to be a little mental to be a top manager these days.

That's all speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom