• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
His lack of killer instinct in the box has always made me more inclined to believe he's better suited to a deeper role, particularly as playing deeper allows for him to carry the ball forward from deep - arguably his best attribute. The positional discipline he has shown since returning these past few games have made me believe that perhaps he could be our long awaited Arteta replacement with more legs, and could partner Ramsey (or a less stupid, equally strong box-to-box version of Songinho).

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I disagree. He's never been productive enough to play as an attacking midfielder, at least not so far.

What I've seen recently is what I want from a central midfielder - a good range and variety of passing along with penetrative dribbling to help transition to our attack, and maybe more importantly he isn't getting caught way up the field like Xhaka and Ramsey do so often. He has a decent awareness of where he should be as a midfielder.
And despite guys size he knows exactly how and when to put pressure on opposition players. We lack that fight

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wenger has come out and said that contract talks are slow because of the financial aspect. You'd expect JW to be reasonable given the way we've allowed him to resurrect his career yo dome extent at our expense.

OSBK

Established Member
Wenger has come out and said that contract talks are slow because of the financial aspect. You'd expect JW to be reasonable given the way we've allowed him to resurrect his career yo dome extent at our expense.

I think jack probably is reasonable, his agent however is no doubt a robbing thief who wants to get every penny possible.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think jack probably
is reasonable, his agent however is no doubt a robbing thief who wants to get every penny possible.

Don't believe this for one bit. Wilshere is hiding behind his agent.
If he wants it done, it's simple. If he wants to prolong this ****...then goodbye. I'm tired of ungrateful players that we've cared on the injury list.

Everyone thinks they deserve a huge slice of the pie. Listen...Leciester City did it right...they only paid they key players after they won the title. Why don't these players that we are trying to resign structure a deal like that...give them an incentive to work hard to automatically renegotiate a contract if we win stuff.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Don't believe this for one bit. Wilshere is not hiding behind his agent.
If he wants it done, it's simple. If he wants to prolong this ****...then goodbye. I'm tired of ungrateful players that we've cared on the injury list.

Everyone thinks they deserve a huge slice of the pie. Listen...Leciester City did it right...they only paid they key players after they won the title. Why don't these players that we are trying to resign structure a deal like that...give them an incentive to work hard to automatically renegotiate a contract if we win stuff.
because they don't believe we'll win stuff?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Why are we trying to extend his contract in the first place?

Imagine getting bantered off by Jack ****ing Wilshere :lol:

The state of this club...

OSBK

Established Member
Don't believe this for one bit. Wilshere is hiding behind his agent.

Fair point on leicester.

But the reality is thats its not the 80s when players were loyal to clubs and managers. We are now in a generation where jack will have no interaction with arsenal with his contract and his agent will do everything. Jack as much as he loves arsenal will go where the money is, his agent will be fleecing every club to get the most money. Its horrible buts its modern sport and only going to get worst, the only people now really loyal to any club is the fans.

The EPL is no different to the NFL now on agents controlling player movement/transfers. Watch ballers and although fictional the insight on how agents work in NFL is realistic. Thats not the future, that is how it is now and it sickens me.

IslingtonBornandbred

Ok.

A couple of days ago he wasn't even offered a contract and hadn't heard anything apart from Wenger's quotes in the media. He said in his own words he'll sign if he's offered it.

Wenger said the contract depends if we can meet a financial agreement literally like every contract ever signed. Chances are, he hasn't even begun talks yet.

Suddenly this translates into Wilshere demanding more money and being greedy. Get real.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
When asked about any updates on the midfielder's future, Wenger said: "We will sit down with him."

However, when pressed whether he believed Wilshere wanted to stay, he added: "I believe if he can meet a point of agreement financially, he will want to stay."
Sounds like Wenger is just making an assumption tbh

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

True, but on the other hand, naturally he'll look around and see what others are getting paid in comparison.

The likes of Welbeck and Walcott earn more than Wilshere, both have had their injury problems too. Wilshere is certainly worth more than those pair and he'll want parity at the very least.

I can't help but feel giving Walcott a £140k p/w contract has handicapped us in more ways than one. If I played for Arsenal I'd ensure I earned at least as much as him, if not more.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
In any case, he's come out and said his preference is to stay. Which is more than we can say for one Alexis Sanchez. I'm not worried about losing him just yet.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Think he has more to go on that just make assumptions tbh.

Jack better get in line or go **** himself.
Maybe, but he hasn't even sat down with him to discuss a new deal yet apparently.

Let's be honest, this is mainly about getting enough first-team starts to get into the WC squad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Maybe, but he hasn't even sat down with him to discuss a new deal yet apparently.

Let's be honest, this is mainly about getting enough first-team starts to get into the WC squad.
Could have had informal chats, many of them.

This is about money, probably the biggest deal Jack will ever sign.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant question his ability to complete 90 minutes after that. Has that stamina back... Quality never in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom