• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When Ramsey comes back I hope Wenger finds a way to play Ramsey and Wilshere together. With a 4231, I think Ramsey staying in the middle with Wilshere at RW could work, so long as Wilshere moves inside a lot.

Ramsey and Wilshere appear more disciplined now, and if Wilshere tries to tuck into the space that Ramsey vacates when he makes his runs into the box then we should be okay.

If Wenger was better at tactics we could try to fit all four of them in central midfield kind of like how Spain found a way to fit Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta in the same team.

But no matter what, we can't drop Wilshere once Ramsey returns.

LacaNewSigning

I know it's not really favourable, but I would put him on the rw in a 4-2-3-1 which allows us to have better control in the middle with wilshere not vacating his position with the added goal threat Ramsey brings without causing too much damage when the ball is turned over

Saikung

I think ultimately Ramsey plays best as AM and not CM.

That's why you see his opinions are so divided.

Stupid comparison but if Messi plays as CB, I think there will be outrage but in his natural position, everyone is praising (although there's always one person saying otherwise)

skip spence

Not even been one of Arsenal's best players this season.
That's bollocks. Easily our best midfielder, it's not even close. Özil has had a good season so far, could make the argument he's been our best player and I wouldn't disagree, but Aaron is up there and certainly way ahead of any other contender.

Out of curiosity, what is your top five best performers?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
That's bollocks. Easily our best midfielder, it's not even close. Özil has had a good season so far, could make the argument he's been our best player and I wouldn't disagree, but Aaron is up there and certainly way ahead of any other contender.

Out of curiosity, what is your top five best performers?

Only a couple of decent peformances from Ramsey this season and too many poor peformances despite the increase stats wise in his end product.

From August to the beginning of November Monreal and Kolasinac were our best players (both of whom have declined in form since). Since November Özil has been our best player. The only player for us who has been consistent throughout the first half of the season in all competitions has been wilshere.

Last edited:

tcahill

I think ultimately Ramsey plays best as AM and not CM.

That's why you see his opinions are so divided.

Stupid comparison but if Messi plays as CB, I think there will be outrage but in his natural position, everyone is praising (although there's always one person saying otherwise)

Ramsey has two very valuable characteristics: an incredible workrate, and frequent undetected runs into the box. Playing him at CAM means that his runs are picked up, and won't make full use of his stamina.

Off topic, I actually wouldn't mind seeing him have a game at RWB, for curiosity's sake, because he has the right abilities for that on paper.

skip spence

Only a couple of decent peformances from Ramsey this season and too many poor peformances despite the increase stats wise in his end product.

From August to the beginning of November Monreal and Kolasinac were our best players (both of whom have declined in form since). Since November Özil has been our best player. The only player for us who has been consistent throughout the first half of the season in all competitions has been wilshere.
Though I like Jack and want him to do well, I don't think he's half the player Ramsey is. Easy on the eye, Jack, but not productive enough for a player of his type, and his one-footedness makes him predictable. Got his chance now to prove me wrong.

Saikung

Ramsey has two very valuable characteristics: an incredible workrate, and frequent undetected runs into the box. Playing him at CAM means that his runs are picked up, and won't make full use of his stamina.

Off topic, I actually wouldn't mind seeing him have a game at RWB, for curiosity's sake, because he has the right abilities for that on paper.
Agree with his valuable attributes. What I mean is by putting him in the AM position he wont have to defend as much. He can still do his late runs, crazy runs, energetic runs, runs runs runs where ever he likes. He can be more "free"in that position. Maybe as a "false AM"lol

I also feel he will be really effective on the right whether it is 5 or 4 at the back.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I don't mind Ramsey, but since he's been out it's Wilshere that's taken his place. Can you really say he's been at fault for our recent bad run? Been our best player by all measures really. For that reason I don't think Ramsey would have stopped the rot.

Aevi

Hale End FC
RkdAwoM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom