• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought he was isolated up front a lot of the time, as he has been in most, if not all of the away games he's played in. He needs things happening close around him to be at his most dangerous, which is probably why we see him score mostly at home, where we tend to throw more numbers forward.

Same with Özil. He plays better when other play better!

Intelligent classy player. Perhaps trying too hard to link up with his team mates. Needs to go back to being a bit more selfish. The only way you succeed as a striker at this club is to defy Wengers ideals as to how a striker should play.

Wenger loves a goal that involves team effort with intricate passing from all involved. Any striker that succeeds here. Has to be headstrong and selfish and not get too caught up in Wengers philosophy. Ala Henry , Van Persie and more recent Sanchez.

Here's hoping that Arsenal does not coach the selfish streak out of another player. Rendering him another tame timid team player.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Same with Özil. He plays better when other play better!
Terrible false equivalence :lol:

And, no, Özil does not need others to play well for himself to play well. That was a myth created by some in defence of him, and that myth has been proven to be rubbish many times recently. That myth is DEAD.

Özil himself killed that myth by displaying what most of his critics always knew he was capable of, and in doing so, made fools of people that used it to excuse his sub-par performances. Needless to say, great judges like myself are rather smug watching him produce performances that people like you never knew he could!

Smug :drool:

Terrible false equivalence :lol:

And, no, Özil does not need others to play well for himself to play well. That was a myth created by some in defence of him, and that myth has been proven to be rubbish many times recently. That myth is DEAD.

Özil himself killed that myth by displaying what most of his critics always knew he was capable of, and in doing so, made fools of people that used it to excuse his sub-par performances. Needless to say, great judges like myself are rather smug watching him produce performances that people like you never knew he could!

Smug :drool:

Can't reply now because I would like to kick in lying man in Lacazette but can't think straight because I'm high on coke. Gonne play some chess before I go out! Later friend! Later!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Can't reply now because I would like to kick in lying man in Lacazette but can't think straight because I'm high on coke. Gonne play some chess before I go out! Later friend! Later!
You seem to be always either high on substance or down after you've sobered up.

Sometimes makes for great entertainment though.

burnsjed

Established Member
Agree nearly cost us early we could end up winning 5-1 but instead we invited crystal palace to attack us

Of course the counter argument would have been, what would have happened if he had pulled up with an injury in the last 15 minutes given Giroud is out for the foreseeable future.
People on here would have been up in arms and questioning Wenger again.
Given our other alternatives right now don't look great, I, for once, had no problem with this substitution.
At 3-1 we should have had enough daylight to see the game out, which we did, all given our sleepy defence trying their hardest to embarrass the manager once again!

StefanB

Was the guy with the shot that lead to Mustafi's goal. Got an assist on the 2nd goal and made himself a couple of half decent chances himself.

Still early in his Arsenal days. It took a while for him to get going at Lyon aswell, but once he did he was a beast.

Some of you guys are just shocking. And not in a good way.

Eduardo_da_Silva

I swear Arsenal Mania is like a bipolar woman.

Moods change round here like crazy.

If Bergkamp came to our club these days he would be labeled as a slow ineffective Inter castaway, who has no right to be a part of our team, based on his first 15 games.

Lacazette is a clear upgrade on Giroud. Swift and mobile striker with good tehnique always looking for a way to participate in attacks through his movement and positioning. Great shooting mechanics, and stronger than he looks. He will get better in time, I have no doubts, and all this talk about him being limited are in my opinion ridiculous. Players in his position grow with the team as they learn to play to their strenghts, develop a chemistry and most important build up confidence. The way he found space to whip in a shot between three players or shot that lead to Mustafi goal is what we will see more often, and Im sure his best is yet to come. That said, his stats are allready really good.

P.S. he kind of reminds me of Eduardo which cant be a bad thing

Can praise his overall play all you want but he's not scoring enough. We can only get away with it right now because we basically have an additional striker in Alexis.

I agree I was hoping some od the burden that is on Sanchez would be shared wit Lacazette coming in. So far it is the same as Giroud was our starter imo.

Im hopeful though!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Can praise his overall play all you want but he's not scoring enough. We can only get away with it right now because we basically have an additional striker in Alexis.

A striker needs confidence, his gets dented every game because Wenger insists on subbing him. Wenger should be telling him every game that he's the best striker in the PL, go out there and show everyone. He should be building his confidence, that's what all strikers thrive on. No other club would be subbing their most expensive player every game and I've no idea why we do it, you only have to look at Lacazettes face every time to see how it effects him.

Juni

Warning:boring long post

I read this thread as a lyon fan and it's kinda shocking to see a few definitive statements of how bad Laca is and will be. I suspect some of these users here are Giroud himself, his wife and his mummy lol

But seriously he doesn't have a great great start in the Arsenal shirt, but 8 goals/3 assists (actually 9 goals as he wasn't really offside, and involved in the construction of more than 3 goals) is not that bad of a start considering:

-He always lived in Lyon since child and play at the same club, so moving your family in a new country for the first time and play in a new league is not that easy for someone who's not used to.

-The connections with his new teammates are not here for the moment. They need to learn from eachothers. His little 1 in 2 trick with tolisso or fekir were a big part of destabilizing defenses and make space to go for the goal. They were always searching for Laca and his key passes/movement were always leading in a goal or at least dangerous actions.
For the moment at Arsenal, you have Sanchez who NEVER EVER pass the ball to Laca, he keeps the ball for himself, or always choose Kolasinac,Özil,Bellerin but never ever Laca to make 1/2 passes,construct actions,etc. Özil in the other hand is beginning to do it and trying but really not that much until now. Ramsey and welbeck were the ones who tried more to find and do tricks with Laca in this season first part, but you could see there were not a good understanding for the moment (and it's normal for new teammates)

-Laca is the most subbed player of ALL the EPL players, and not even started in two big matches. He also didn't play at all in Cups and in Europa.
This 70min sub' EVERY WEEK is a bit weird and frustrating for him when you know that from his 100 goals at lyon, he scored 31 in the last 20 mins. The defenses and the match open up at the end, with his runs and clinical finishing it's the perfect time to score goals and build confidence aswell as to ameliorate Arsenal's goal average.
Not to mention that when the second half begin, he knows that he has not much time left at all to score, so I'm sure he thinks about it and can't be really relaxed and maybe forcing his actions, etc..
I mean I can understand him being subbed here and there, but not every fckin match and being the most subbed in the EPL.
Even if Wenger want Giroud to play everytime, you can still finish some of them with two upfront, I'm sure they would work together.
Also even if it's his first season, he didn't hide against the top6 sides and managed to grab a few goals/assists.

-A not important thing but still: During corners and freekicks Wenger put him in front of the goalkeeper in the middle of the goal, when in Lyon he was always at the second post, and scored maybe 15 goals and had few assists from there, because of his awareness.

-Arsenal scary defense and tactic. 3 at the back to have a better defense, but that mean one less mildfielder to construct actions, participate in attacks and find laca.
The 3 at the back nearly never participate in going forward and don't make passes that break the lines. They always pass right or left and stay quietly at the back.
And when you have players like Koscielny, Xhaka, bellerin, even sanchez etc having a really really difficult season, losing the ball a scary amount of time per match, making dumb moves, etc it's really not helping the team and give confidence to the opposition. Now these few players have no confidence anymore, they always choose the safe pass and don't take risks, they don't want to make big errors again and it's killing the arsenal play as a whole. Their mojo will come back for sure, it's not their real level, but for the moment xhaka and majority of the defense are having nightmares of a season.

-And to finish the main and more important reason he's lacking goals for the moment is simply because he has nearly no service at all per match.
His movement and clinical finishing are his greatest attributes, but how many one on one situation with the keeper he had all season? Maybe not more than 5.
Each match he makes almost 10 good runs asking for the ball, which could lead to a goal or very very Dangerous situations, but never receive any balls, arsenal players don't chose to make that direct pass to him.
The 5 defenders choose the safe pass right/left/behind, sanchez never ever pass to laca, only xhaka/ramsey tried a few times at the beginning but missed their passes with too much power in it and gave the ball to the goalkeeper, after a few missed attempts they completetly stop trying for months now.
All his runs are never answered. It's what tolisso/fekir/valbuena/umtiti were searching and trying all the time, answering Lacaz runs with a direct pass (often on the ground) between the defensers that would lead to a Laca shot and a goal. (and even when it didn't lead to a one on one situation, Laca would hold up the ball well, attract all the destabilized defense around him and make a key pass that lead to an action of goal).
I hope Wenger will give more time to Wilshere, he is the only one for the moment who is not afraid to make those passes and confident in his technical ability (like that pass to sanchez the last game). If the defense was more confident, I would love to see a 4/3/3 with ramsey/xhaka and wilshere in number 10/8,5 position. It could turn out as a wonder front four.

I'm sorry for this long msg but I had to give my opinion after seeing some comments that triggered me a bit haha
It's not really fair to condemn him without taking in consideration the bigger picture. He doesn't have a great arsenal start career but being involved in 12/15 goals is not that bad considering the things above (and I think majority of Arsenal legends didn't became worldclass directly in their first season no?) Give him and the team a little bit of time and you'll love him like hell
(though there's also the Wenger issue, I'm not really sure what to think about him anymore, and if he is still able to bring out the best of his players with a good tactic/formation/motivation,etc, we'll see)

Look at the serial killer you will have once him and his teammates understand eachother, once few players have their confidence back again and once the team style of play is more directed to use Laca's qualities

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Warning:boring long post

I read this thread as a lyon fan and it's kinda shocking to see a few definitive statements of how bad Laca is and will be. I suspect some of these users here are Giroud himself, his wife and his mummy lol

But seriously he doesn't have a great great start in the Arsenal shirt, but 8 goals/3 assists (actually 9 goals as he wasn't really offside, and involved in the construction of more than 3 goals) is not that bad of a start considering:

-He always lived in Lyon since child and play at the same club, so moving your family in a new country for the first time and play in a new league is not that easy for someone who's not used to.

-The connections with his new teammates are not here for the moment. They need to learn from eachothers. His little 1 in 2 trick with tolisso or fekir were a big part of destabilizing defenses and make space to go for the goal. They were always searching for Laca and his key passes/movement were always leading in a goal or at least dangerous actions.
For the moment at Arsenal, you have Sanchez who NEVER EVER pass the ball to Laca, he keeps the ball for himself, or always choose Kolasinac,Özil,Bellerin but never ever Laca to make 1/2 passes,construct actions,etc. Özil in the other hand is beginning to do it and trying but really not that much until now. Ramsey and welbeck were the ones who tried more to find and do tricks with Laca in this season first part, but you could see there were not a good understanding for the moment (and it's normal for new teammates)

-Laca is the most subbed player of ALL the EPL players, and not even started in two big matches. He also didn't play at all in Cups and in Europa.
This 70min sub' EVERY WEEK is a bit weird and frustrating for him when you know that from his 100 goals at lyon, he scored 31 in the last 20 mins. The defenses and the match open up at the end, with his runs and clinical finishing it's the perfect time to score goals and build confidence aswell as to ameliorate Arsenal's goal average.
Not to mention that when the second half begin, he knows that he has not much time left at all to score, so I'm sure he thinks about it and can't be really relaxed and maybe forcing his actions, etc..
I mean I can understand him being subbed here and there, but not every fckin match and being the most subbed in the EPL.
Even if Wenger want Giroud to play everytime, you can still finish some of them with two upfront, I'm sure they would work together.
Also even if it's his first season, he didn't hide against the top6 sides and managed to grab a few goals/assists.

-A not important thing but still: During corners and freekicks Wenger put him in front of the goalkeeper in the middle of the goal, when in Lyon he was always at the second post, and scored maybe 15 goals and had few assists from there, because of his awareness.

-Arsenal scary defense and tactic. 3 at the back to have a better defense, but that mean one less mildfielder to construct actions, participate in attacks and find laca.
The 3 at the back nearly never participate in going forward and don't make passes that break the lines. They always pass right or left and stay quietly at the back.
And when you have players like Koscielny, Xhaka, bellerin, even sanchez etc having a really really difficult season, losing the ball a scary amount of time per match, making dumb moves, etc it's really not helping the team and give confidence to the opposition. Now these few players have no confidence anymore, they always choose the safe pass and don't take risks, they don't want to make big errors again and it's killing the arsenal play as a whole. Their mojo will come back for sure, it's not their real level, but for the moment xhaka and majority of the defense are having nightmares of a season.

-And to finish the main and more important reason he's lacking goals for the moment is simply because he has nearly no service at all per match.
His movement and clinical finishing are his greatest attributes, but how many one on one situation with the keeper he had all season? Maybe not more than 5.
Each match he makes almost 10 good runs asking for the ball, which could lead to a goal or very very Dangerous situations, but never receive any balls, arsenal players don't chose to make that direct pass to him.
The 5 defenders choose the safe pass right/left/behind, sanchez never ever pass to laca, only xhaka/ramsey tried a few times at the beginning but missed their passes with too much power in it and gave the ball to the goalkeeper, after a few missed attempts they completetly stop trying for months now.
All his runs are never answered. It's what tolisso/fekir/valbuena/umtiti were searching and trying all the time, answering Lacaz runs with a direct pass (often on the ground) between the defensers that would lead to a Laca shot and a goal. (and even when it didn't lead to a one on one situation, Laca would hold up the ball well, attract all the destabilized defense around him and make a key pass that lead to an action of goal).
I hope Wenger will give more time to Wilshere, he is the only one for the moment who is not afraid to make those passes and confident in his technical ability (like that pass to sanchez the last game). If the defense was more confident, I would love to see a 4/3/3 with ramsey/xhaka and wilshere in number 10/8,5 position. It could turn out as a wonder front four.

I'm sorry for this long msg but I had to give my opinion after seeing some comments that triggered me a bit haha
It's not really fair to condemn him without taking in consideration the bigger picture. He doesn't have a great arsenal start career but being involved in 12/15 goals is not that bad considering the things above (and I think majority of Arsenal legends didn't became worldclass directly in their first season no?) Give him and the team a little bit of time and you'll love him like hell
(though there's also the Wenger issue, I'm not really sure what to think about him anymore, and if he is still able to bring out the best of his players with a good tactic/formation/motivation,etc, we'll see)

Look at the serial killer you will have once him and his teammates understand eachother, once few players have their confidence back again and once the team style of play is more directed to use Laca's qualities

Completely agree on your point about Sanchez... He is the most frustrating player at the club along with bellerin.

And also agree we are not playing to his strengths, there is a real lack of 1-2s in and around the box...as well as making those forward penetrating through balls.

As someone who plays a bit of footy myself...you have to hit through balls instantly, aiming to hit the space and know that someone like lacazette will automatically be on to it.

I partly blame Wenger for not instructing his players to do this and aim to okay to lacazettes strengths.

infinium

He has done alright. Nothing spectacular but good. Despite his price tag, I was never convinced he was going to be a world-class striker type, he seems to be a tier below. However, as the overall performance of the team this season has been poor this season, Laca looks worse than he is.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Like I said earlier...he will need to deliver once we cut ties with Özil and Sanchez. Wish we had done it in the Summer...it would for Lacazette to take more of an initiative.

He has had an okay start...not great, but okay. He needs to create more shooting chances for himself....needs to make better and smarter runs.

Juni

Like I said earlier...he will need to deliver once we cut ties with Özil and Sanchez. Wish we had done it in the Summer...it would for Lacazette to take more of an initiative.

He has had an okay start...not great, but okay. He needs to create more shooting chances for himself....needs to make better and smarter runs.
I agree he has to take more responsability. It feels like for the moment he tries too much to not look selfish at all with his partners and don't shoot enough ( a shame as he has a great strike), it will come back when he'll be more integrated in the team

However real amelioration and real lacazette's potential will only come when his teammates will see his runs and more importantly won't ignore him and won't be afraid to make that pass, (for the moment the confidence is low in a lot of them and they nearly always choose the safe pass without breaking any lines and kill direct football, it doesn't open up midfield and defence opposition, and the attacks become stereotyped)
If they feed his runs, he'll then have far more goals,assists, and contribution in lethal attacks. And also when he will find 1 or 2 teammates affinities to make 1-2s with around the box and little tricks to destabilized whole defense, wilshere Özil ramsey can do that with him but they need to search and touch more laca on the pitch and learn more of eachothers football, it will come. It could also be new acquisitions like fekir, draxler, etc

RichWeath

I agree I was hoping some od the burden that is on Sanchez would be shared wit Lacazette coming in. So far it is the same as Giroud was our starter imo.

Im hopeful though!

I would be interested to see how many minutes both have played this season if your going to compare their goals tally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom