• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not like we don't have a contract negotiator and Jack doesn't have an agent. Literally bullshit. Wenger just being Wenger.

This is 100% true. My uncle gets his haircut at the same place Wilshere does, essentially the Dad of his girlfriend/wife in Cockfosters, North London. He wants to stay, Wenger has basically said to him "we'll sort it shortly" but the club haven't even begun informal discussions yet i.e they haven't even begun the very first step that's required which is usually arranging a meeting with the player/his agent.

Sums us up. Total joke.
It’s like he doesn’t want to keep him. He knows the fans probably support Jack more than him so he has no choice really.

IslingtonBornandbred

It’s like he doesn’t want to keep him. He knows the fans probably support Jack more than him so he has no choice really.

Maybe he wants to keep him but it's not on his list of priorities at the moment.

You do get the feeling it's like he's waiting or trying to push him to talk with a foreign club. Seriously don't get it. You either want to keep him or you don't. Even if I didn't want to keep him, I'd still give him a new contract so I could sell him. Wenger most likely does want him to stay, he just doesn't see the importance of getting it done early. Remember, we are the club potentially about to lose Alexis and Özil in the same summer for free. It would make too much sense.

Maybe he's going for the treble this summer. Alexis, Özil and Wilshere.

OSBK

Established Member
From The Times:
Jack Wilshere will have to accept a contract with a significant performance-related element if he wants to stay at Arsenal. The 26-year-old’s basic salary is around £100,000 a week and the club are unwilling to award him an increase given his injury record, although they will give him the opportunity to boost his earnings with additional appearance and bonus payments in the new deal that they are preparing. Arsenal have yet to open talks with Wilshere over a new contract, but with the midfielder having impressed Arsène Wenger enough to play every minute in Arsenal’s past six Premier League games, the club are expected to speak to his representatives after this month’s transfer window.

Sigh, why wait to offer him a new deal? Just giving other clubs a chance to swoop in for him.

From a club pov you cannot blame them for stalling. Jack will stay but it would be a massive kick in the teeth if we give him a contract now and he gets injured.

Jae

His two FA Cup final winners gives him the right to a new five year contract. He's done more for our club than many that have come before and indeed after him.

Djimi Traore has a Champions League Winners Medal, but you don't see him still playing for Liverpool do you?

We don't owe Ramsey or any other player at the club anything. He is a clear level below what we need at this moment in time (along with many others).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Djimi Traore has a Champions League Winners Medal, but you don't see him still playing for Liverpool do you?

We don't owe Ramsey or any other player at the club anything. He is a clear level below what we need at this moment in time (along with many others).

What a daft comparison. Has Traore netted two cup winners?

There’s a difference between playing a squad role and WINNING THE CUP FOR YOUR TEAM. Aside from that, Ramsey is a quality player who has contributed massively.

No way should we be selling him.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Brilliant player to watch when he's on form. The way he controls the ball and goes past cats like they weren't there is something few players can do. After his first season it was clear that the only thing holding him back has been injuries this kid could be the real deal if he can keep fit and play regularly.

played too much too young

yes he had the skills but he was legally still a kid

it takes years to build a athletes body and he was just thrown in?

we don't let kids drive cars, have most jobs but the rigorous demands of professional sports?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
played too much too young

yes he had the skills but he was legally still a kid

it takes years to build a athletes body and he was just thrown in?

we don't let kids drive cars, have most jobs but the rigorous demands of professional sports?
We let 18 year olds become soldiers and kill or be killed

Unfortunately Jack has always been better at the latter

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Not like we don't have a contract negotiator and Jack doesn't have an agent. Literally bullshit. Wenger just being Wenger.

This is 100% true. My uncle gets his haircut at the same place Wilshere does, essentially the Dad of his girlfriend/wife in Cockfosters, North London. He wants to stay, Wenger has basically said to him "we'll sort it shortly" but the club haven't even begun informal discussions yet i.e they haven't even begun the very first step that's required which is usually arranging a meeting with the player/his agent.

Sums us up. Total joke.

This club makes me want to rip my hair out tbh.

These days 100k p/w is pocket change to us, just give him the money and be done with it. If we can afford paying Theo 140k p/w to do sweet **** all we sure as **** should be able to give Jack whatever the hell it is he wants.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If you don't rate Ramsey, that's fine, but the fact is we arent tempting anything better than him in our current state, so just be glad he's choosing to play his football here for the moment, and not jumping ship before the end of January!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

I am one of Aaron's biggest critics but losing him now would be ****. Been one of our best players this season. We'd take a serious nose dive if we sold now. Nobody wants to play for us anymore. We have no draw. Selling decent players as well as great ones is going to kill us.

WhatAFC

You do realise that top level football is a squad game. If you think we have 4 other CM who are as good or better than Ramsey then I could half understand you wanting to let him go. However we don’t have 4 CM better than him so it’s lunacy to let him go at this point.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
This club makes me want to rip my hair out tbh.

These days 100k p/w is pocket change to us, just give him the money and be done with it. If we can afford paying Theo 140k p/w to do sweet **** all we sure as **** should be able to give Jack whatever the hell it is he wants.
No it's not.
We pay Koscielny 100k/w, who has been our most essential CB for years, and Wilshere hasn't done anything to deserve the money, 5 good games after years of stealing a living are not enough. Walcott's example is basically the main reason why we shouldn't give fat contacts after shorts runs.

Jae

Fair enough people, horses for courses. I personally think if we can get a tidy sum for him in the summer then he should be sold, but then again if we sold everyone who has underperformed this season we'd probably have no squad left. I'd take him over Xhaka any day of the week though.

We need a fresh upcoming manager with an exciting project if we're to have any chance of attracting players going forward, likely not going to happen though.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
No it's not.
We pay Koscielny 100k/w, who has been our most essential CB for years, and Wilshere hasn't done anything to deserve the money, 5 good games after years of stealing a living are not enough. Walcott's example is basically the main reason why we shouldn't give fat contacts after shorts runs.

Midfielders get paid more than defenders. Danny Drinkwater gets 120k p/w, Jordan Henderson is at 100k p/w, that's pretty much the going rate for (English) central midfielders now.

I will say however my judgement may be clouded by the fact Wilshere is just about the only player worth a damn who isn't trying to get out of the club. Loyalty aside, ability wise he's still our best central midfielder and his poor injury record has largely been caused by contact/impact injuries.

I'd even go as far to say his return to form and the rise of AMN are the only true bright spots of our season so far. As long as he's not asking for silly money I'd do whatever it takes to keep him around.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Midfielders get paid more than defenders. Danny Drinkwater gets 120k p/w, Jordan Henderson is at 100k p/w, that's pretty much the going rate for (English) central midfielders now.

I will say however my judgement may be clouded by the fact Wilshere is just about the only player worth a damn who isn't trying to get out of the club. Loyalty aside, ability wise he's still our best central midfielder and his poor injury record has largely been caused by contact/impact injuries.

I'd even go as far to say his return to form and the rise of AMN are the only true bright spots of our season so far. As long as he's not asking for silly money I'd do whatever it takes to keep him around.
I don't mind him getting 100k/w if he keeps delivering good football for 1-2 more years. Right now something like 70k/w + bonuses seems right, and don't forget he had been our highest earner before Özil arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom