• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd say best English footballer in general, but that's me. Yes, Kane is doing wonders right now, but I still think Jack is slightly better, particularly on pure ability - Kane makes me think of athletes who can take the smallest amount of talent and turn it into something great because they have a high work rate and a lot of determination. Fingers crossed Wilshere stays healthy.

Depends how you qualify quality. Is it how much talent you have or how you use the talent you have?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Depends how you qualify quality. Is it how much talent you have or how you use the talent you have?
I'd say that's what I was getting at in my post. Jack's issue has been staying healthy. I don't think Kane would be as good as a footballer is he now if he had the same kind of injury problems as Jack. Jack has a lot of natural talent and it still shows even with him being out for extended periods.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd say that's what I was getting at in my post. Jack's issue has been staying healthy. I don't think Kane would be as good as a footballer is he now if he had the same kind of injury problems as Jack. Jack has a lot of natural talent and it still shows even with him being out for extended periods.

But I'd say the reason Kane is so rarely injured is because he is so meticulous in his training and professionalism.

Perhaps Kane wasn't the most talented player in his youth teams, so he had to work the hardest. While Jack was the most talented, maybe he didn't work as hard.

Anyway, I think he's working hard now and the penny has dropped. Let's just enjoy him and see what he can do. And make him captain, of course.

IslingtonBornandbred

I don't think it's the biggest deal/issue in the world but whatever you say about Ashley Cole, we offered him a deal that was quite low in regards to the other stars because he was homegrown and we expected him to sign. He threw it in our faces and went and won everything with Chelsea on a bigger wage.

I wonder when Per wanted to retire last summer, did we reduce his wages based on the fact he was barely planned to play? I think a fair deal based on the fact we want to keep him, and his talent/ability would be at the very least his current basic wage plus bonuses/incentives based on performances.

It just seems like we are being dicks as usual whilst throwing three times that amount at other players. As usual, if he plays every game until the end of the season, we finish 6th and City or Chelsea come in for him and treble his wages, I wouldn't blame him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Given his contract situation he'd be able to get at least £90k a week plus a decent signing on fee from someone, especially if he keeps playing until the end of the season. To offer him less than his basic wage is just dumb.

Relic

Jack-Wilshere.jpg

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Given his injuries I can understand why they might pay less but with bonuses, but when you look at the dross who take millions out when injured or playing it's an insult. He does more when he's fit than a lot do when they're playing regularly but not injured. Wonder if he'll accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom