• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
we have an identical team between Giroud and Lacazette tho.... with the same predictable attack

one must consider maybe there is something lacking in Lacazette that's making the rest of the team can't make a clear cut chance for him.

he is making the runs IMO

it is weird nobody picks him out. but they are so institutionalized with having slow Giroud up there, or welbeck who there is no use in playing thru

we have good passers in Özil, Jack and Xhaka, one of them is always playing kinda and should be able to see them
probably a training issue, like alotta things are unfortunatly

we aren't setup defending so what is to say we are setupd offensivly?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
And it is not fair to call him bad per se

whole team is in shambles, a striker can only be as good as what is provided to him and he gets nothing, there is no overall plan to our attacking game, probably no standing orders, it is just loosely improvised

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
he is making the runs IMO
it is weird nobody picks him out. but they are so institutionalized with having slow Giroud up there, or welbeck who there is no use in playing thru
Neither both of them played regularly up front last season though...saying the midfield so institutionalized to them is false, cause Sanchez was the man they feed last season
Anyway, Jack still combine seamlessly with those 2 guys albeit he doesn't play with them for quite a while

we have good passers in Özil, Jack and Xhaka, one of them is always playing kinda and should be able to see them
probably a training issue, like a lot of things are unfortunately
We don't know the exact problem why we are so barren of chances it could be everything, but I gotta say, at the moment Lacazette isn't free of guilt either.

we aren't setup defending so what is to say we are setup offensively?
Been asking the same question for years mate...

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In the season with our best chance at the title no less...
And we have never been anywhere close ever since... we actually regressed from the days Giroud failing to score for 15 games.

It's ironic, when you think about it

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Wonder how he feels about Auba being brought in. Massive headache for Wenger. Auba cannot play as a winger (unless you go full Ronaldo on him and let him ignore all his defensive duties), and Lacazette is decent at best out wide.

Will be interesting how you solve this. The optimal solution might be to bench Lacazette, but that seems unlikely.

Wenger might try Lacazette as a left winger but at the moment he would be even worse goal threat there. Lacazette need to be spoon feeded in order to score a goal.

Best way is to bench him and hope he become a super sub.

Fallout

i keep saying this, based on what ive seen he will do very well on the left. he'll get the ball played to his feet constantly and imo he has the technical ability to do good things with it while facing the goal. auba will take his spot, laca will take alexis' old one.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
i keep saying this, based on what ive seen he will do very well on the left. he'll get the ball played to his feet constantly and imo he has the technical ability to do good things with it while facing the goal. auba will take his spot, laca will take alexis' old one.

It's the only position that makes sense for him in the starting XI if you bring in Auba and Mkhi. Mkhi is best on the right and Auba is awful dropping deep.

I have my doubts about Lacazette being a success on the wing in the Prem. I just don't think he's quick enough. Can't beat his man, very reliant on runners and getting in behind himself.

This will sound like lunacy, but I actually think AMN on the left might give you more of what you need with both Auba and Mkhi in the lineup.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Wonder how he feels about Auba being brought in. Massive headache for Wenger. Auba cannot play as a winger (unless you go full Ronaldo on him and let him ignore all his defensive duties), and Lacazette is decent at best out wide.

Will be interesting how you solve this. The optimal solution might be to bench Lacazette, but that seems unlikely.

I believe we would rotate those 4 players for 3 positions, and play either with 2 strikers and an AM, or 2 striker and 2 AM’s

At least for those 6 months it would be easy, as Auba cant play Europe so we save Laca for it. This way we could also have less pressure on Laca and use the rest of the season to integrate him into the team and the league easily.
At the same time, we can play all 4 if we drop Mkhi deeper which is something I can see happening with him (ala Santi).

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm not overly concerned about Lacazette, I think if Auba comes they'll find a way to play well together. What's more important now is really creating a team ethic and some proper cohesion between players.

Think about it, Lacazette has come in and so far he's only played in a team the star of which has been divisive, petulant and in poor form because he wants to leave. It's true Alexis-Lacazette-Özil have had moments of very good play, but how can anyone expect that attack to fire on all cylinders when the star wants out?

So in that sense I do feel sorry for Lacazette and I don't think he's been in an environment where he can show his best. It's up to us now to create that environment. With a bit of time and people pulling in the right direction, he'll do well. People writing him off are doing so far too soon.

cloista

Said it earlier in the thread and those stats would seem to back it up. Play Laca alongside a 'runner' (in this case, Aubameyang or even say, Welbeck) in a role more akin to how Bergkamp played alongside Anelka/Wright, and we'll see his all round game improve as well as his goal threat.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Hmm, it's a little difficult to compare Ramsey and Aubameyang just because that are both runners, no? Not saying that a quick striking partner won't help him, but using Ramsey as a metric for that conclusion feels a bit farfetched.

On the flip side we really have missed Ramsey, his movement is a superb tool. I'd really like for us to try and fit both him and Jack in the same team, somehow. Sadly, that probably requires binning Özil if we want to keep the team balanced, which would be silly because he's our best player. I guess it's just not meant to be...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hmm, it's a little difficult to compare Ramsey and Aubameyang just because that are both runners, no? Not saying that a quick striking partner won't help him, but using Ramsey as a metric for that conclusion feels a bit farfetched.

On the flip side we really have missed Ramsey, his movement is a superb tool. I'd really like for us to try and fit both him and Jack in the same team, somehow. Sadly, that probably requires binning Özil if we want to keep the team balanced, which would be silly because he's our best player. I guess it's just not meant to be...

We are chasing a golden chalice. Even if we are not meant to reach it, we will shine because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom