• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tbh, the way you've gradually reinvented yourself has been quite impressive. MRSA would be proud.
Started from Wenger is the right guy for the job to blaming squad cost and injuries. During the summer he realised our transfer activity was atrocious and squad cost wouldn’t be accepted as an excuse so started making little comments preparing for a full on ‘players aren’t good enough’ offensive.

At the beginning of the season he had a little phase where he admitted Wenger wasn’t the man for the job but must have had a rocky moment and went hybrid squad cost/players not good enough. Most recent effort was the at least we’re entertaining with a splash of ‘Wenger has a 50% win rate against Conte so he must be a top manager’ and a hint of ‘we have the 2.3rd best defence in the country’.

It’s admirable stuff.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Started from Wenger is the right guy for the job to blaming squad cost and injuries. During the summer he realised our transfer activity was atrocious and squad cost wouldn’t be accepted as an excuse so started making little comments preparing for a full on ‘players aren’t good enough’ offensive.

At the beginning of the season he had a little phase where he admitted Wenger wasn’t the man for the job but must have had a rocky moment and went hybrid squad cost/players not good enough. Most recent effort was the at least we’re entertaining with a splash of ‘Wenger has a 50% win rate against Conte so he must be a top manager’ and a hint of ‘we have the 2.3rd best defence in the country’.

It’s admirable stuff.

Arsenal are entertaining in a car crash kind of way though, thats true, with a few outsiders rubber necking in and poking the dead corpse occasionally. Everyone who cares about the club has to sit around and suffer until the current sh*t and inevitable aftermath is over. I have lived through multiple city destroying earthquakes and the long process thereafter in NZ so know this feeling well, both strangely intriguing and soul destroying all at the same time.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Oh wow you act as if it has a been this way for 1 season its been a decade of miss management, lies, false hope and ever increasing ticket prices and you think we don’t have the right to finally voice our opinion. You are exactly what is wrong with modern Arsenal

Better to use that energy supporting the team than wasting time protesting, especially as the team need us now more than ever.

Better to use that energy supporting the team than wasting time protesting, especially as the team need us now more than ever.
No.
'Supporting the team' is backing the status quo which is patently broken and will lead to further extensions for a deluded 'coach'/dictator. Its not wasting your time to protest at all as its our only voice. Just cheering along & coughing up cash is brainless and pitiful. The pampered multi millionaire players don't 'need us' either. Seriously....

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

It’s admirable stuff.
Brought a tear to my eye reading that. Even had to wipe my iPad, and not from the usual.

Didn't even think my lowly posts registered on your radar. But it turns out you've not only read them but committed them to ****ing memory.

Truly honoured.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Walcott's departure has made me realize just how ****ty it'll be to see Wenger leave. I didn't even care for Theo, and it just doesn't feel right knowing he isn't here anymore. The memories and nostalgia actually make me sad about it, he's been here so long. Wenger is on a whole other level to him; I actually really like and respect him, and he has been here much longer and left a much greater legacy... I can't imagine what it'll be like to see the back of him.

It'll be the end of a legendary managerial reign. I hope we can win a major trophy soon, just so if anything, we can end the story with the happy ending it deserves.

STATS

I find it intriguing as to how everyone is at fault except for wenger.
The complete and utter mind wash that wenger has done of some chunks of our fan base is absolutely mind numbing.
I always thought (based on my pub/friend circle experience) that it was a bare minimum. Sadly, I dont go out much due to missus' illness, hence the current involvement on internet forum.
Anyways, I hope wenger gets out as soon as possible. It is getting worse, and believe me a complete fan revolt is not much far off.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Walcott's departure has made me realize just how ****ty it'll be to see Wenger leave. I didn't even care for Theo, and it just doesn't feel right knowing he isn't here anymore. The memories and nostalgia actually make me sad about it, he's been here so long. Wenger is on a whole other level to him; I actually really like and respect him, and he has been here much longer and left a much greater legacy... I can't imagine what it'll be like to see the back of him.

It'll be the end of a legendary managerial reign. I hope we can win a major trophy soon, just so if anything, we can end the story with the happy ending it deserves.
I doubt we'll see anybody managing a club for so long. I won't be sad when he leaves, he's making that impossible, but I still respect his early years for us. He just seems to have lost the plot.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The complete and utter mind wash that wenger has done of some chunks of our fan base is absolutely mind numbing.
I always thought (based on my pub/friend circle experience) that it was a bare minimum. Sadly, I dont go out much due to missus' illness, hence the current involvement on internet forum.
Anyways, I hope wenger gets out as soon as possible. It is getting worse, and believe me a complete fan revolt is not much far off.
Sorry to hear about your wife bro.

KROENKE SUCKS

If anything the general narrative thats maintained on here is the opposite.

It won't do any good. Kroenke will ignore any Wenger out protests since he knows that Wenger is the only manager capable of getting him top 4 on a budget.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
It won't do any good. Kroenke will ignore any Wenger out protests since he knows that Wenger is the only manager capable of getting him top 4 on a budget.
Thats actually very debatable re "only" manager. I think its more because he knows what result he is LIKELY to get with Wenger, its safe, which is fair enough if you are just in it for a low risk business investment like he is. Whereas taking a risk with a new manager might mean he actually has to actively get involved and take decisions about the club like someone who actually cares about his football team, ie sacking under-performing managers (and subsequent compensation) its part of the game. We're in a limbo as fans because of this because what most of us want doesnt fit with the owners vision, so your name is about right to sum up, doesnt mean Wenger being there is right though,quite the opposite imo!
I went to Asda last night and spent as little money as I could whilst balancing keeping the mrs happy. It was for the first time in ages but I felt quite dirty this morning....

IslingtonBornandbred

What's this budget you speak of? Can we please please stop pretending that Arsenal is Barnet FC where the players are on £600 per week and they can't afford any full time scouts. Huddersfield, a newly promoted club, spent 40 million this summer.

Such an odd narrative given our finances. "On a budget" is a massively false description of our finances.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Well we just moved out of top 4 and if the signs so far are relevant, we will be outside top 4 for quite sometime as long as we are on your so called "budget".

KROENKE SUCKS

What's this budget you speak of? Can we please please stop pretending that Arsenal is Barnet FC where the players are on £600 per week and they can't afford any full time scouts. Huddersfield, a newly promoted club, spent 40 million this summer.

Such an odd narrative given our finances. "On a budget" is a massively false description of our finances.

Nice straw man. We don't need to spend like Barnet to be on a budget compared to our rivals. You're the one creating a narrative here. We don't spend as little as Barnet ergo we aren't on a budget.:rolleyes:

KROENKE SUCKS

Well we just moved out of top 4 and if the signs so far are relevant, we will be outside top 4 for quite sometime as long as we are on your so called "budget".

Wenger has only missed one season in 20 years and if we win the Uefa Cup we will be back in the CL after a years hiatus. You are in such a rush to create a new narrative that you are making assumptions of things that haven't happened. We can talk signs all we want but Wenger got the squad together and made a successful run to win the FA Cup beating City and Chelsea en route, he still has a reasonably good chance of winning the Uefa Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom