• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn Sandwich

X
Bellerin X X Monreal/Kola
X
Wilshere Özil
X Aubameyang Mkhitaryan
We need 5 new starters, and that's after Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and Özil signing a new contract. Unbelievable.

Remember when we only needed "2 or 3 players to compete"? Bad times that now seem like good times.

Stupid windows like the 'no outfield signings' one are still hurting. Constant refinement and improvement could have saved this needed revolution. It's resulted in a big job needing done, as you point out.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Panic mode. We need a solid, somewhat consistent and reliable centre back quickly but Evans (the only cb we have been linked to) is out of our reach by now so who the hell are we going to buy this late? It would also be nice to get a midfielder that actually is willing to protect our so called defense somewhat consistently. We also need a new manager but our disgusting owner disagree so nothing will change in that area. So: three new recruitments is required before tomorrow evening. Fvck this, i will not blame PEA if he pulls out of this messy club.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Stupid windows like the 'no outfield signings' one are still hurting. Constant refinement and improvement could have saved this needed revolution. It's resulted in a big job needing done, as you point out.

I still don't think people appreciate how harmful summer 2015 was. We added one goalkeeper who is good but not great and rapidly on the decline. It's not even like we added a major player who's contributed greatly.

It's nearly 3 years since that window, but it's still f*cking us over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Panic mode. We need a solid, somewhat consistent and reliable centre back quickly but Evans (the only cb we have been linked to) is out of our reach by now so who the hell are we going to buy this late? It would also be nice to get a midfielder that actually is willing to protect our so called defense somewhat consistently. We also need a new manager but our disgusting owner disagree so nothing will change in that area. So: three new recruitments is required before tomorrow evening. Fvck this, i will not blame PEA if he pulls out of this messy club.
we have to fix the system first you buy Evans or Maldini won't fix this

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It feels desperate atm. Part of me wants to ditch Auba,keep Giroud and spend that money on Mahrez. A Mhiki,Giroud Mahrez front three?MGM has a certain ring to it. We started the season with Alexis,Giroud and Walcott and within six months,all gone. A seismic panic is what this feels like.

Part of me thinks we should have done some planning last summer, bought Auba instead of Laca and played him in a two with Giroud, sold Alexis and bought Lemar to ping crosses into them, bought a DM and a CB to help fix our defence (which Wenger explicitly acknowledged wasn't good enough last season). But what good would thinking that do?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's ridiculous though having matches on the last two days of the transfer window - it's not fair on managers or players involved in transfer business, or those expecting to be

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
this season is done anyway and the rebuilding is underway we have to prepare for next season from now get Mkhi and Auba adapt for the remainder of the season and next season hopefully with new manager with new coaching stuff we'll do better.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
it's ridiculous though having matches on the last two days of the transfer window - it's not fair on managers or players involved in transfer business, or those expecting to be
yes that what i was saying earlier nobody should play games in midweek in last 2 days of the window there will be many players their head not in the game

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
this season is done anyway and the rebuilding is underway we have to prepare for next season from now get Mkhi and Auba adapt for the remainder of the season and next season hopefully with new manager with new coaching stuff we'll do better.

Yeah, we will never be able to reach top 4 now. We may win EL but i doubt it. We dont deserve to win anything this season anyway so why care.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
We have to do this tomorrow:

Replace Wenger with Ancelotti

Sell Chambers

Send Mavropanos on loan

Buy Jonny Evans or another cb that can defend

Sign a midfielder who actually can protect our defenders

Sell Welbeck

Buy a striker who is usable on the wings

Nothing will happen tough.

every little thing

We need ancelotti or conte come to help us in May.... Wenger is done. This summer will be very crucial...i think this is the best time to get rid of Wenger...we have fabulous front 4 now, get a new manager in the summer , fix the midfielder and defence.... the team will become frightening again. Pls wenger ffs just leave, give us a life.....

every little thing

We need ancelotti or conte come to help us in May.... Wenger is done. This summer will be very crucial...i think this is the best time to get rid of Wenger...we have fabulous front 4 now, get a new manager in the summer , fix the midfielder and defence.... the team will become frightening again. Pls wenger ffs just leave, give us a life.....

every little thing

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Is Manolas decent? Apparently has a 30mil release clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom