• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I don't watch Ligue 1 but hasn't Fekir been killing it this season? Surely he's booked a place?

He was pretty good for a couple of months at the end of the year but since January his form may have taken a dip. It will be a tough competition for positions with the French NT.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol: What am I reading here , this side right now is the best midfield we had in years . They aren't performing for whatever reason. Wondering how many rating Arteta/Ramsey now were bagging the **** our of Mikel when he played for us . I remember people calling him sideteta , unable to defend . What a turn around .

Pretty sure Lacazette will get better anyways . Mkhi , Wilshere , Özil and Xhaka there is well enough passers of the ball to find him .

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Giroud was a guy who was constantly labelled a donkey and some believed was one of the key reasons we couldn’t win the league with that squad. The bar isn’t set too high with the Giroud comparison, even if you are considering Giroud’s entire Arsenal career. Even though it’s his first season, you’ve got to admit, it’s not looking great so far for Laca.
Giroud normally played with ten other players on the pitch. I am not sure I understand why he shoulders the full blame for us not winning any league titles since he joined us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

thing is i don`t play video games, and more or less there are 2 sides of this forum, guys who are into football and people who is into footballing videogames.
you obviously fall into the second category.
while people like: @American_Gooner @Dokaka @carlito'sway @GDeep™ @Rain Dance @El Duderino @celestis @juice man and plenty more that i cant remember are here because we love the sport, there are some poster that are here trying to fix a videogame with what is really happening in the sport, and its not working. its like the guy watching fox news all day and praising Trump.

So probably in the arsenal-mania forum that is about EA sports stats i would be a terrible poster.
when it comes to actual footballing knowledge im quite accurate.

My Ramsey and Giroud love was always critized, Giroud got himself a move to Chelsea when for some people he was West ham United level, Ramsey on the brink of becoming our Captain.
ElNeny proving that he can be more than usefull for us.
And Laca staying as our star striker for less than 4 months.

hashtag MaraDonknows.

FM players are superior to all though right? Don't think I love football, more like I creepily stalk it. It's an obsession at this point.

OSBK

Established Member
but we did get close. We failed, but we did get close.

And that argument is moot cause we already out of title race this season

We got close?

Got close is running it to the last game of the season. We imploded months before

We are off the giroud subject now, but tbh we have different views on his career at arsenal so leave it at that.

OSBK

Established Member
It will be interesting how Laca responds to being benched. He'll play in the EL but that will be it. Personally I think he will want out in the summer, he doesn't strike me as a player prepared to fight for his place. He arrived here as our record signing and must be feeling pretty pissed off now Auba has joined. If Nketiah can prove himself then I'd have no problem cashing in on Laca and use the money towards Keeper, CB, DM.

I can see laca playing lw shortly.

Tbf he is pretty decent when he drops deep and could do a job.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Giroud was a guy who was constantly labelled a donkey and some believed was one of the key reasons we couldn’t win the league with that squad.
I think we saw definitive evidence of that in 15/16 when he went from mid January to the first week of May without scoring a goal in the league.
The bar isn’t set too high with the Giroud comparison, even if you are considering Giroud’s entire Arsenal career. Even though it’s his first season, you’ve got to admit, it’s not looking great so far for Laca.
Of course, I would've expected more from Lacazette at this point irrespective of the other problems in the team. He has to show more, instead of sulking like he appeared to do against Bournemouth and Swansea.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I can see laca playing lw shortly.

Tbf he is pretty decent when he drops deep and could do a job.

That's what I thought would happen when we signed Auba but not sure Wenger will do that. He has shifted him left before when bringing Giroud on but he didnt consider giving Laca a sub cameo in that position when we were well up against Everton. We'll see, maybe he'll give it a try before the season is out, if he doesn't then he probably never will.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we were talking about just the first season, then I would actually agree with your Giroud comparison. But people use Oli G's entire body of work at Arsenal as a a stick to beat Lacazette with, which is unfair imo.
If you look at the posts I am debating against, it's because as usual people need to cut off a great detail from Giroud's career to make him look as **** as possible while comparing it to Lacazette.
People say Theo had his second best career with 19 goals last season, nobody said he scored 10 goals (premiership goals) but with Giroud, people only counts his premiership goals tally, just poiting out the glaring discrepancy (11 goals - 17 goals).

Ironically, making Giroud looked as **** as possible would make the comparison worse for Lacazette. That **** player has done things Laca hasn't so yeah.... It's up to him to prove he is as superior to Giroud as his staunch supporter claim
the ball is in Lacazette's court now, since OG is no longer an Arsenal player, however his competition is no longer that "****ty" player but Aubameyang

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If you look at the posts I am debating against, it's because as usual people need to cut off a great detail from Giroud's career to make him look as **** as possible while comparing it to Lacazette.
People say Theo had his second best career with 19 goals last season, nobody said he scored 10 goals (premiership goals) but with Giroud, people only counts his premiership goals tally, just poiting out the glaring discrepancy (11 goals - 17 goals).

Ironically, making Giroud looked as **** as possible would make the comparison worse for Lacazette. That **** player has done things Laca hasn't so yeah.... It's up to him to prove he is as superior to Giroud as his staunch supporter claim
the ball is in Lacazette's court now, since OG is no longer an Arsenal player, however his competition is no longer that "****ty" player but Aubameyang

At this point in time It wouldn’t be fair to compare anything other than league goal totals given Lacazette is yet to kick a ball in a European competition and has hardly kicked a ball in domestic cup competitions.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At this point in time It wouldn’t be fair to compare anything other than league goal totals given Lacazette is yet to kick a ball in a European competition and has hardly kicked a ball in domestic cup competitions.
If people want to be fair, the comparison would be done in overall goal/min vs overall goal/min, and I wouldn't complain whatever the result is.
But cutting out a significant part of the record is stat manipulation.

If someone discounted our 3 FA Cup wins and declare we haven't won anything of value, how would you feel? Cause using the same bar, that's the same.

LacaNewSigning

It's fair to say Lacazette hasn't been as impressive as expected but let's not paint Giroud to be some great striker that he was never. Because if Giroud was as good as he s being made out to be we would've won the league and not gone on a 16 game streak without scoring in our best chance to win the league in God knows how long.

Why isit when a player leaves they seem to be rated as a better player all of a sudden

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Giroud's Chelsea debut summed him up for me. Few nice moments of link up play but when Hazard set him through on goal late in the game, he inexplicably lunged for it and fired it straight at the keeper.

LacaNewSigning

Also lets not forget that Giroud was the only striker we had and had no competition and not have to worry about being dropped. The latter could barely get 90 mins so how is he meant to get in the groove. Anyways I'm glad to have aubameyang, competition 4 places is not a bad thing but give the guy a fair crack at the whip is all I'm saying

Zaza

Lool at people saying Lucas Perez is better than Lacazette.
Look, Lacazette is a talented player. His only problem seems to be from a physical side. I wouldn't be surprised if he moved to Spain and got 20 goals.
He's a great finisher(probably better than Aubamayeng), has great technique, can beat a player. If Wenger really persists with this guy, I think he'll come good. Let's also not forget we haven't been creating enough chances for him.
At 26, he's probably not going to get quicker, but he can get stronger and improve his stamina. I'm not worried about his movement as that will get better next season with his stamina.
One thing he has done is show just how overrated Giroud's link up play is. His linkup play has been much much better than anything I've seen from Giroud.
We're meant to be a big club. There's nothing wrong with having both Lacazette and Aubamayeng in our ranks. Sell Welbeck if he doesn't want to renew and have Nkeitah as our 3rd choice.

HBL

Established Member
He won’t be starting a league match any time soon.

Has the work rate of a Balotelli, caught offside way too much. At least put a shift in you useless ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom