• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocrodile

Kneejerk reactions everywhere even though everyone knows the common denominators.

1. Coaching staff-all of them
2. Consistent refusal to spend on multiple positions-GK, CB, DM.
3. Not-involving young players instead of the no-potential deadwood we pay. We finally started clearing that out this year, though.

Hope we bin the season and play the young lads.

Maddar16

Hello fellow gooners, Long time lurker (10 plus years), I have just signed up to air my views after years of the same crap more or less in big games. This might be long but bear with me.

First of all Wenger relies or at least used to rely on players using their own initiative to help themselves ,which was why the invincibles were brilliant, but the current crop need tactical guidance throughout the game, which i believe Wenger doesnt do. His 'system' can work with players who are intelligent.

Secondly his style needs players who are footballers in the real sense, as in passing, first touch etc. The player that most comes to mind in lacking this is Bellerin, whom his position is vital in the way we play. Pochettino realised this and allowed the play to come from his side rather than monreal. Bellerin has an asset which is his speed but we dont take advantage. Compare him to Trippier, who is not a better player but was more effective because Poch used his crossing ability to full advantage.

In the Midfield, I am willing to bet Xhaka can be brilliant with legs next to him, which is why Elneny made sense but he is not a risk taker like Ramsey. We need a player who is positionally aware (which Rambo isnt) but also can be a threat in a B2B role. Wilshere is excellent is drawing and collapsing banks of defenders and was doing so this game. Therein lies the problem, We can play three in Mid and Özil wide, but we have cover for him in defense.

Attacking wise we are just fine, but what we lack is the steel and the right bit of dirtyness that is needed in these games. You can dislike Pochettino, but his dirtyness permeates his side, even Kane who i think is not naturally dirty, shows this. Another example was when Alli was being subbed, Pochettino halted the sub and then allowed it to kill time off.

Such things probably never cross Wenger's mind but that is the game now ( it always has been, but the invincibles knew and did it). Arsenal are too clean cut to be competitive and sadly Wenger is not the man to teach them this.

Player for player we are better than them, but they are being managed more effectively.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
DVrmj-6XcAEnr35.jpg:large

Just look at that pass map ffs :lol:
Nice jack is our striker now

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Wenger is right in a sense, with the opportunities we got in the first half to counter Sp**s we should have finished the game off, a better team like City would have punished them hard.

Preacher

Always Crying
Wenger should have selected same formation like at the Emirates against Sp**s rather than putting playmakers on the wings.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People saying we have arguably better players:lol:

Kane is probably one of the best players in the world right now and he's lifting the other players by scoring so regularly. He's injecting them all with supreme confidence. He's a one man army.

Because of our recent form, our players are below par in the confidence stakes. We had some good breakaways today, but the passing was poor and they faultered.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's what he's saying :lol: He saying "I know we're **** at the back and will always be **** while Im manager, but the plan going forward is to score 5 goals a game and hope the opposition get 2 or 3 max. WHY MY PLAN NO WORK??!!!"
He just repeating himself when we lose " we missed chances" "we made too many mistakes" he always say that

carlito'sway

Established Member
It was to be honest, drop your agenda for just one second and people would be more willing to listen to your opinions on the guy.

No, there were not low percentage chances. Not sure where you see an agenda either. I have an opinion on the player and her has not done much, (unfortunately for him and the club) to change it. If you want to call that an agenda, not much I can do about that.

Ewarwoowar

We thought Elneny Jack Xhaka conservatism would give us more solidity at the rear , but just played into their hands, they just lofted the ball over those 3 and the back line were flat footed or statues, like we knew they would be. We Totally played to their strengths whilst nullifying our own.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Kane is probably one of the best players in the world right now and he's lifting the other players by scoring so regularly. He's injecting them all with supreme confidence. He's a one man army.

Because of our recent form, our players are below par in the confidence stakes. We had some good breakaways today, but the passing was poor and they faultered.
He's not a one man army. They pay beautiful balls in for him from all sides. I agree he boosts them hugely though

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It was to be honest, drop your agenda for just one second and people would be more willing to listen to your opinions on the guy.
What, I suppose he's talking about that Laca volley at the end? The 1 in 10 scoring opportunity, with 25 Sp**s players in front of him on the angle? :lol:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

i like both trippier and davies a lot.
Dembele and Waynama are great options.
Son is a player every manger wants to have.
Erikssen is a great playmaker and Alli is a pain in the ass for defenders.

they are a strong team,

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You mean like in every away game we play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom