• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Weird comment coming from someone who has tried to blame Wenger for everything in recent weeks.

We are better than those teams. We lack the right approach.
So you mean we have better players? That’s a point you could argue.

But a team as a whole are judged on how they perform against other teams and ultimately where they place in the table. By that logic we can’t keep saying we’re better teams than these sides when facts state otherwise.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

People saying we have arguably better players:lol:

Kane is probably one of the best players in the world right now and he's lifting the other players by scoring so regularly. He's injecting them all with supreme confidence. He's a one man army.

Because of our recent form, our players are below par in the confidence stakes. We had some good breakaways today, but the passing was poor and they faultered.
We probably do have better players but like you said the mental side of things has lifted them above us.

They know they usually outplay us, they know Kane can score anyone. We on the other hand probably knew going in that they would physically have us, our defenders were probably scared of Kane scoring and I think we’ve made such a habit of conceding that our guys have lost something defensively.

So you mean we have better players? That’s a point you could argue.

But a team as a whole are judged on how they perform against other teams and ultimately where they place in the table. By that logic we can’t keep saying we’re better teams than these sides when facts state otherwise.

That is what I saying. We have good players. We are just approaching difficult games like we dont believe we are good enough.

Of course we should be aiming to improve on couple of positions in the summer but I think in recent years we are better than what we show most of the times in harder games.

And judging by reactions after every hard game im not alone!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He sounds like a pundit on match of the day criticising Arsenal. I’m so confused right now. :lol:
That's the weird part I couldn't put my finger on. He's talking like a pundit now... :lol: I suppose it's harder speaking as the actual manager.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No, there were not low percentage chances. Not sure where you see an agenda either. I have an opinion on the player and her has not done much, (unfortunately for him and the club) to change it. If you want to call that an agenda, not much I can do about that.
It was a low percentage chance, that’s simply a fact.

Could he have done better? Yes of course. Should he have done better? Same answer.
But it was a low percentage chance.

You don’t see strikers scoring that kind of chance every week as if it’s a one on one!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
The team plays like they're wingin' it nowadays. There's no urgency, no hunger among this bunch of pu**ies.
Spuds looked like jackals today and they bullied our creative players into a corner. Their players are also stronger and you can tell their fitness levels are great since they can keep the pressing for almost the whole 90 minutes.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It’s so frustrating. In the last ten minutes when the chances came around, Spuds absolutely **** themselves. Had we shown more attacking intent we could’ve beat them.

Like I said, Wenger has to take the blame for this and I think he knows it. The mentality was wrong and the subs threw us into disorray. Hope he learns for the clashes against Citeh.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Also I can’t be sure Kane carries Sp**s. They were winning games during his horrible August, a lot of his goals are directly from assists, tap ins from like 5 yards out.

Alexis last season? Now that was carrying.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Could he have done better? Yes of course. Should he have done better? Same answer.

I am counting two chances, the one he skyed and other one at the end of the game. If those are low percentage chances, I guess we will have to reinvent this whole thing.

buji banton

Arsenal really need that midfielder. Somebody who can win the ball, keep hold of it, be a presence in the middle of the park. That's the only way we stop inviting unnecessary pressure to the back line and help our attackers actually go forward and attack.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

You don’t see strikers scoring that kind of chance every week as if it’s a one on one!

Not sure which chance you are talking about, but the second should be a goal every time and the volley is a great chance you'd expect players to at least get on target most of the time, not like he was pressured either, he had a lot of time to get it right.. Wouldn't qualify either as low percentage chances, and I'd expect a top striker to bury those most of the time(Everyone misses big chances though tbf)

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Just on Bellerin...I think it's clear that we set up this team to use Hector as an attacking weapon but right now he's low on confidence and form. It would be nice having a legitimate option on the right to take the attacking onus away from Hector to let him just concentrate on defending for the time being.

I thought Mhki played on the right last week?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I am counting two chances, the one he skyed and other one at the end of the game. If those are low percentage chances, I guess we will have to reinvent this whole thing.
The one he skied was disappointing for sure. But let’s actually think about it, we routinely see quality players sky that kind of chance. If he had scored it we would have been praising him saying what a finish. There’s no way that’s an easy to score chance. I think how poor his effort actually was is skewing the view on that chance.

The second one is one I can actually criticise him for. As a goalscoring chance he should have dinked it but again it’s not your standard run of the mill chance. Many strikers miss from that angle with the keeper that close to them. What he should have done is squared it to give Auba a high percentage chance.

RammiXP

We are going no where on the pitch with wenger. What gives me hope is off the field we are getting our **** in order at last.

We need a new mind who can balance our attack with defensive stability as the league is now very different and you cannot get by with attack alone. We look poor in and out of possesion with Bellerin, xhaka and Elneny technically awful, limiting our game.

If we ever want to compete we need to have a solid foundation with players who can handle a press and pressure and right now we have too many players who cannot handle that part of the game.

Can we just get a new manager and move on.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
HA8IMHp.jpg

Going for the side foot finish was a strange decision on that last chance for Lacazette, in fact his body position looks a bit off as he's about to pull the trigger. Not sure the square ball to PEA was on as Trippier was pretty close, think AL should have just put his laces through it. Lloris came at an odd angle so there's plenty of net to aim at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom