• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaza

Again - what is this beef between Sven and Tuchel?? Can they hold hands and be friends?? For me it's a no brainer. Tuchel would be my second choice (first actually) after Allegri.
Oh and people need to leave Howe out of the equation. Please God don't let Gazidis listen to those dumb pundits.

Well if it's a case of Simeone or Wenger than I'd with the former. But I'm sure when the time comes, be it in a few months or year, that they'll be several interesting managers that would jump at the chance.
Your command of written English is shambolic.

LacaNewSigning

I'd take Jardim, Allegri or Simeone. I wouldn't differentiate between any of them. Style of play is important, but I'd prioritise longevity in the next manager; someone who can stamp their authority and mould the team to their image for at least 5 years.

Allegri I think is ideal and the best tactician, my worry with him though is that he wouldn't stay here very long. Jardim I think is very good at developing youth and he could stay for a good 5 years, though I reckon he'd end up at Real/Barca eventually. But Simeone could very well stay for a long while. What's to say his style doesn't suit us? We played a different style before Wenger arrived, there's nothing to say we can't alter it again. Simeone's style could be class in the PL.

We need someone with a strong personality. I think the lesson of Moyes is that it doesn't work if the successor is too much of a disciple of the predecessor and not enough of his own man.
Allegri has been managing juventus since 2014 i believe and long gone are the days where a manager stays at a club for more than 3 years and I don't think there's anything wrong with changing managers every so often if it's not working out, fresh ideas and different change of scenery for the club and players if that's what it takes to bring success. Long gone are the days of managers like Ferguson and Wenger who build dynasty's at clubs.

I think allegri may be the best choice out of the 3 as it seems he works within the same tight budget constraints we have whilst getting his team to punch above their weight in CL every season. But if we do want a manager who's going to stay for a while then jardim may be the better option.
I think simeone next move is to Italy and most likely inter or Milan who have exciting projects on the way plus cash 2 spend, either way I'd be more than happy with any of the names mentioned.

Giroud12

Well if it's a case of Simeone or Wenger than I'd with the former. But I'm sure when the time comes, be it in a few months or year, that they'll be several interesting managers that would jump at the chance.

Agreed. I would seriously not enjoy winning trophies with his antics and anti-football. Jose vol. 2. I dont care if he would win us trophies, if the football is boring then whats the point.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Again - what is this beef between Sven and Tuchel?? Can they hold hands and be friends?

They'll never hold hands again. Even after Tuchel was gone and Sven got moved up in the hierarchy, Zorc and Watzke chosing to rather support their manager (when he was still there) than their longstanding chief scout, was enough for Mislintat to leave.

No one really knows what happened in detail. Apparently it all started with the proposed transfer of Oliver Torres and quickly went from professional argument to something very personal. Mislintat, under instruction from Watzke and his direct boss Zorc, got banned from the training grounds and from interacting with the team.
The whole thing apparently split dressing room and club, with players and staff chosing sides. There's reports the whole spat was way overblown, other say it was a massive fight that got very, very personal.

In the end it did play a role in both guys leaving Dortmund, and will probably prevent them from working with each other again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Wenger wins either the League cup or the EL he'll stay another year for sure.

Would like to see what happens if he could build a decent midfield next year.

Favre contract up in 2019, perfect.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If Wenger wins either the League cup or the EL he'll stay another year for sure.

Would like to see what happens if he could build a decent midfield next year.

Favre contract up in 2019, perfect.

I doubt the league cup will be enough to keep him in the job. Personally think he needs to get us back in the champions league if he wants to see out his contract. If he were to do it via the EL he should leave anyway but that’s unlikely given his refusal to bow out in the last few years.

I want to have same feeling towards next manager as I do have towards Wenger. I want someone I'm ready to go through heaven and hell with.

Arteta is the guy! Bring Arteta home!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if it was on here but someone made the point before about Arteta being to close to some of the current players. Is he going to give the squad the kick they need? Would they respond to him?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I doubt the league cup will be enough to keep him in the job. Personally think he needs to get us back in the champions league if he wants to see out his contract. If he were to do it via the EL he should leave anyway but that’s unlikely given his refusal to bow out in the last few years.
If he were to win the EL and the League Cup that would be 5 trophies in 5 years.

That's better than any other EPL team. The board should offer him a new contract ffs.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If he were to win the EL and the League Cup that would be 5 trophies in 5 years.

That's better than any other EPL team. The board should offer him a new contract ffs.

I’m not saying he should be fired if he won the EL, I’m saying he should retire and go out on a high.

Also the talk about Arteta is ridiculous. Let him go and actually take charge of a team before even considering him.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If he were to win the EL

Leipzig, Atletico, Napoli.
Then there's a host of goodish teams which could all beat Arsenal in its current form on their day. Dortmund, Marseille, Lyon, Nice, Villareal, Lazio. It's gonna be tough to win the EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom