• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

getting an atmosphere

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 1,133

Alexone234

one player at Arsenal, scored a wonder-goal
one player at Arsenal, scored a wonder-goal
and if you miss a tackle
we'll have another go
now there two players at Arsenal, scoring wonder-goals

two players at Arsenal, scored a wonder-goal
two players at Arsenal .........

to ten green bottles

I think that there should be a chant just before the kick-off, something to motivate the players.

I read the other day that whenever somebody scores a goal, Sol Campbell always says 'together together' to the team.

So maybe just before the kickoff, the whole crowd could get this chant going;

'Together Together'
(clap clap)
'Together Together'
(clap clap)

It's an easy chant anyway (or at least I hope it is! :eek:ops: )

Oh and I agree about the 'Same old Arsenal always winning' chant

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I applaud any attempt to increase the atmosphere, but can't understand why people always asume inventing new songs is the way to go. If people don't sing anyway, what's going to make them sing a new song?

A

Anonymous

Arsène Wenger/
Went to Brazil/
And said to them/
I want a player with skill/
They said to him we've got the player for you/
He dont have a passport and his names Edu/
Edu Edu/
Edu Edu/
Edu Edu etc etc.

Anyway the atmosphere for the Charlton game will be a joke. The prawn sarnies will turn up expecting us to win 5 or 6, and when the game turns into a struggle they will start moaning and sitting on their hands, especailly in the North Bank which is now a joke.

The Clock End will make some noise, but its no real fun taunting the Charlton fans, cause who really cares about them anyway?!

The game has been made into a 'flag day' which I like the idea of, but then they spoil it with
"Among activities taking place on the day will be a return of the popular 'North Bank Knees-Up' where supporters have a chance to warm-up for a Highbury chorus on the karaoke singing old Arsenal favourites."

I mean WTF is that?! Our support is already a joke, and we dont need help from the club in appearing even more embarrassing.

If the noise made in that little pocket in Vigo could be spread all around the ground then the atmosphere would be great, but we all know most people at Arsenal dont like singing.

Anyway if my voice is back to full strength by then ill sing my heart out, but most wont.

A

Anonymous

correct about the prawn sarnies bit, but i think the whole flag day is just another ****ing joke. we were the laughing stock of england when we had fans day - look how well that went :lol: didnt hear a song all day. mainly due to the lads who normally sing in the clock end being on strike due to embarressment of fan day !!
flag day will be even worse, all proper arsenal flags that you see on europeon adventures arnt allowed as the max length is 1 metre and flag pole can be no more than pencil thick :lol: this is just another stupid way to encourage familys to bring their little kids, by promoting a happy entertaining atmosphere. really it will just be another joke !
the group of people thinking of these ideas - "A group of Arsenal fans representing the Arsenal Independent Supporters'Association" - who the **** are they? most probably a bunch of prawn sarnies and supporters that have never been interested in singing more than "arsenal,arsenal,arsenal."
**** thinking of these embarressing days, surely the easiest way to get an atmosphere is just to get every person to sing !!!!! not bring in a bloudy flag ! the songs also need to be proper arsenal songs, like good old arsenal before kick off, my old man,double double and loads of other good ones. not these stupid repetitive player songs like thierry henry !!! :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

oohh to be a gooner :lol:

Laxness

When I tune in to the Charlton game, I'll be expecting the Toure song, SO PLEASE SING IT!!! I DON'T CARE IF THE FANS HATE SINGING!!!

Soler

Established Member
To the tune of 'Oh My Darling Clementine':

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire,
Put Sp**s on the top,
Put Chelsea in the middle,
And we'll burn the ****ing lot!

I stole that from Coventry fans ;)

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
clockend - for once we're in agreement that the fans day/flag day isn't the way to go.

However, I must speak up in favour of AISA, who are as far from a prawn sandwich bunch as you could find.

Firstly they are not responsible for these initiatives - they come from the fans forums.

Secondly AISA are the group who galvanised support for Ashburton Grove in the community which was vital at the original council vote.

Thirdly AISA is the group running the Supporters Trust, which will give fans a true voice at agm's etc.

It was also AISA who forced the club to give discounts on away shirts a couple of years ago, and many other things.

I would urge ALL fans to join AISA, as it is a very worthy organisation.

http://www.aisa.org/

seanconvey66

If the bars opened up before the match for a couple of hours, selling beer for abt £1.50 or £2.oo a pint get in early get hammered and ull start signing. I really think beer is the key!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also if u were sitting with all ur mates ud sign but the way the ground is, ur littered all over the place and most people dont wana get up and sing on there own.

A

Anonymous

its hard enough to get people to sing, let alone sing a song over and over. i hear wiked reniditions of "arsenal arsenal arsenal etc" which get real load, then suddenly stop after just one rendition!!! why start singing and stop immediately ???

the problem as SEANCONVEY pointed out, is fans that want to sing are scattered around and are ineffective, singing fans need to be together. in the old days fans knew where the noisy fans were standing in the north bank, so people who wanted to sing would go and stand next to them. now they cant. so ive got a good idea, some may not agree.........

instead of selling tickets for individual seats, they should set it out in blocks. they could start small initially, with maybe just one block of 500 hundred seats in the clock end. this block could be called block A or something. then fans that want to sing can all go to block A. they can go to the ticket office and say give me a seat in Block A, and they will receive a ticket that doesnt have a seat number on it, but instead just says Block A, this means the person can go to Block A and sit anywhere. this means lots of mates can go together and be assured to stand together. then all fans wanting an atmosphere can get tickets to Block A and go and stand/sit by any random seat in that block. this allows all singing fans to be able to huddle together. this block should also be allowed to stand, as they wouldnt be doing any harm as the police know exactly where they are, and they would only be there to generate atmosphere !!!
if this block is successful they could create another one in the north bank then we would have 2 sets of fans together singing.
we all know that when theres a large group of fans all wanting to sing, all together, no one will be shy to sing as everyone around them wil be, and also songs can be started up easier and be louder and spread to other parts of the ground !!!
i know this may be hard to bring in to highbury because of season tickets already taking up all seats, but maybe a good plan for the new stadium, to allow genuine fans to group together and sing !!!

what do you think ??? comments please !

super duper agree with clockend_faithfull.

think flags day is stupid. Not for the initiative, I just hate flags. Always blocking my view or whacking me. :evil: Gonna piss me off on saturday no end.

I can't see a problem in standing / grouping supporters. At Highbury especially they seem to have removed that undesireable element of football supporters.

SING THE FLINSTONES SONG ON SAT!!!

Top Bottom