• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Longy

Here's our squad list of our current and new players in their actual positions........
Highlights the holes and where he needs to put players not in their correct positions.

GK - Cech, Ospina
RB - Bellerin
LB - Monreal, Kolasinac
CB - Koscielny, Mustafi, Mertesacker, Chambers, Holding, Greeky
DM -
CM - Wilshere, Xhaka, Elneny, AMN, Cazorla
AM - Özil, Mikhatarian, Ramsey, Iwobi, Nelson
RWF -
LWF -
CF - Aubeneyang, Lacazette, Wellbeck, Nikethah

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I want to start a thread on our transfer business since we signed Alexis and how hardly any players have worked out. Can't be bothered though.

It's genuinely shocking.
The extent of that would be Alexis and the rest wasted money. And he has left cause of it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

1, 2, 3, 5, 12, 15.

All free numbers.

4 as well when Per retires.

Aevi

Hale End FC
1, 2, 3, 5, 12, 15.

All free numbers.

Ainsley.Maitland.Niles_.jpg

Longy

1, 2, 3, 5, 12, 15.

All free numbers.

change them all, get rid of the wenger stink.....

1. cech
2. bellerin
3. monreal
4. summer buy
5. mustafi
6. summer buy
7. mikhitarian
8. wilshere
9. lacazette
10. Özil
11. auba

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We've wasted so much money.

Laca
Xhaka
Mustafi
Kola
Ramsey
Iwobi

Players that are good but getting shat on here will look great again under a new coach

Look at it like this, even Oscar winning actors have been in sh!tty movies

If the script and directors are bad the actors will look bad in a bad movie...

Linson

Here's our squad list of our current and new players in their actual positions........
Highlights the holes and where he needs to put players not in their correct positions.

GK - Cech, Ospina
RB - Bellerin
LB - Monreal, Kolasinac
CB - Koscielny, Mustafi, Mertesacker, Chambers, Holding, Greeky
DM -
CM - Wilshere, Xhaka, Elneny, AMN, Cazorla
AM - Özil, Ramsey, Nelson
RWF - Iwobi
LWF - Mikhatarian, Welbeck
CF - Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah

IMO - the bolded players are either retiring, injured, unreliable or need a loan. This list doesn't include current loanees, none of which will be in the squad anyway.

I've fixed your horrific butchering of some of their names and positions too...

Massive investment needed!

Last edited:

Linson

Maybe Mavropanos will be useful this season after all? Sounds like Wenger was impressed enough with him in training that he doesn't want him going on loan...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro....onstantinos-mavropanos-loan-plan-7230419/amp/

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hmmm, looking at this squad at the minute we are pretty depleted! I'm all for getting rid of deadwood, but I wouldn't of minded getting one or two in on loan.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Man, does this squad need an overhaul in the summer. I think 5-6 signings would be great, but I don't see it happening with the penny pinching going on at this club. At the very best I see 3-4 signings coming in if others leave.

If Cech keeps up with the blunders, he should probably go, but I don't know who we can bring, since any good goalkeeper will cost in excess of 35-40 million. That could possibly make Ospina want to find more playing time elsewhere, so it can be tricky.

At the back we're a complete mess and that's where we need dire reinforcements.
Someone should take Per's spot and I don't think Chambers or Holding have what it takes yet, possibly never. I suspect one of them will go on loan and a new signing will take BFG's place.
We'll have to see what the situation is with Mustafi, since he was linked to a move in Italy, but it didn't materialize. He's been inconsistent to say the least and pretty prone to dumb mistakes, so he might go away, too.
Hector is bang up average these days and since there's no one to keep him on his toes on the bench, Wenger tolerates him time and again.

One of the ex-Basel boys should/could leave, because we're in desperate need of a box to box midfielder who can tackle and move the ball forward at times, as opposed to Elneny, who's into the same sideways passing as Arteta was.
I would like nothing more than to see Santi back and working his magic, because we have been falling apart ever since he left that midfield and never recovered, but there are serious doubts about his career at the moment. As cliche as it is, his return would really be like a new signing and a big one at that.
Xhaka cost us a pretty penny and we're bound to lose money in case of a sale, so we might be stuck with this clunky guy for another season.
The english trio from the academy might be useful in cup games, but none is anywhere near the level to start and maybe Nelson and Nketiah should be sent on loan.

Up front everybody knows that Welbeck needs to go and no one is stupid enough to spend 20 million on him, like in Walcott's case. Any amount would do, because this guy is taking up space and produces nothing.
Like I said in the EL game thread, we should recall Perez to take his place. Clinical striker, has speed and good technique, plays direct football and can also operate on the wing. Besides that, he's used to the team and the system Wenger uses, therefore no accommodation time needed.
It's a no brainer considering how cheap the club is and you're not gonna get a better replacement for anything less than 20 million, which will get you some of your usual suspects that switch teams in the PL like socks and with a mediocre or decent goalscoring record at best.
That money can be put to much better use in sorting out the horror defense we have.

So, to sum it up, a goalkeeper, a right back, a centre back and a box to box/defensive midfielder along with Perez back from his loan is probably the best case scenario considering this is Arsenal.

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I was reading this and agreeing with a fair amount of it, and thenI got to the bit about Perez...................
What's the issue with Perez? In the limited time he received last season he scored, which is more than you can say about Welbeck.
The guy never got a fair shot here even though he was miles better than the donkey.
I'm just thinking realistically and it would make sense to bring him back, because there wouldn't be any fee involved. Sure, you'd have to pay his full wages, which I'm sure are not astronomical, but at least you have a dependable striker/winger.
As I said in the other post, we have bigger issues at the back than spending money on a winger, who if brought from a different league, would take time until he settles at the club and with the intensity of the league.
It's the best option considering our limited budget.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The issue with Perez is he is an average striker with a senior career scoring rate of less than 1 in 3 despite having played some of his time in weaker leagues who had one semi-decent season at Depor. He had few chances in his time with us and never looked like becoming a first XI player. He has scored 4 in 19 since returning to Depor. That's not clinical. He is 29 years old, he's not going to get any better.

Welbeck, with his numerous faults, has actually scored 15 international goals and has a strike rate for England of nearly 1 in 2. But I'm not for one moment suggesting building a team around him.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
The issue with Perez is he is an average striker with a senior career scoring rate of less than 1 in 3 despite having played some of his time in weaker leagues who had one semi-decent season at Depor. He had few chances in his time with us and never looked like becoming a first XI player. He has scored 4 in 19 since returning to Depor. That's not clinical. He is 29 years old, he's not going to get any better.
That is a very uneducated opinion, man. First of all, Perez played on the wing for most of his career, hence why his goal scoring record hasn't been impressive. He's been a late bloomer and started playing as a striker only a few years ago.
You're downright taking the p*ss when you're saying he had a semi-decent season after scoring 17 goals and helping Depor escape relegation.He also helped them survive in La Liga the season before, just like a certain Marco Reus did for two straight seasons while playing for Gladbach. No, I'm not comparing him to Reus, calm down, but to be able to score and actually produce something in a team that's fighting relegation every season and has no financial power to match the big boys certainly says that he's got quality in him.
He's scored 7 and assisted 4 in his very little time here while also going through 2 injuries. When played, he's been consistent and that's a fact.
As for him becoming a first XI player, it didn't happen because Wenger didn't consider it from the get-go. He was too busy trying to make Danny happen yet again.
This season he's not even playing all the time as a front man, because Florin Andone, a romanian as myself, is their striker. Perez is playing in a Miki/ Alexis role and considering how poor Depor has been this season, it certainly isn't fair, or accurate, to say that he's not clinical.
You can't do everything by yourself when the whole squad is crap, can you? Considering the club he's playing for and not always as a striker, I'd say that 4 goals and 3 assists in this season is a decent number so far and there's still a little over three months to go until it ends.
As a comparison, Andone scored six so far.
So what if he's 29? Diego Milito and Di Natale were also late bloomers and were hitting it big at this age or even older.

Welbeck, with his numerous faults, has actually scored 15 international goals and has a strike rate for England of nearly 1 in 2. But I'm not for one moment suggesting building a team around him.
You can't actually be serious with this. Surely you're trolling.
Welbeck scoring 15 international goals has f**k all to do with his ability and his goalscoring record for Sunderland, Manure and Arsenal.
Perez scored 7 in 11 appearances while Welbeck scored 22 in 4 years here. It doesn't take a genius to know which is better.
Seriously, your whole post is so full of holes that it could be swiss cheese.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That is a very uneducated opinion, man. First of all, Perez played on the wing for most of his career, hence why his goal scoring record hasn't been impressive. He's been a late bloomer and started playing as a striker only a few years ago.
You're downright taking the p*ss when you're saying he had a semi-decent season after scoring 17 goals and helping Depor escape relegation.He also helped them survive in La Liga the season before, just like a certain Marco Reus did for two straight seasons while playing for Gladbach. No, I'm not comparing him to Reus, calm down, but to be able to score and actually produce something in a team that's fighting relegation every season and has no financial power to match the big boys certainly says that he's got quality in him.
He's scored 7 and assisted 4 in his very little time here while also going through 2 injuries. When played, he's been consistent and that's a fact.
As for him becoming a first XI player, it didn't happen because Wenger didn't consider it from the get-go. He was too busy trying to make Danny happen yet again.
This season he's not even playing all the time as a front man, because Florin Andone, a romanian as myself, is their striker. Perez is playing in a Miki/ Alexis role and considering how poor Depor has been this season, it certainly isn't fair, or accurate, to say that he's not clinical.
You can't do everything by yourself when the whole squad is crap, can you? Considering the club he's playing for and not always as a striker, I'd say that 4 goals and 3 assists in this season is a decent number so far and there's still a little over three months to go until it ends.
As a comparison, Andone scored six so far.
So what if he's 29? Diego Milito and Di Natale were also late bloomers and were hitting it big at this age or even older.

You can't actually be serious with this. Surely you're trolling.
Welbeck scoring 15 international goals has f**k all to do with his ability and his goalscoring record for Sunderland, Manure and Arsenal.
Perez scored 7 in 11 appearances while Welbeck scored 22 in 4 years here. It doesn't take a genius to know which is better.
Seriously, your whole post is so full of holes that it could be swiss cheese.
When insults start, however long the post, I ignore it. Shows a lack of intellect and I don't argue with inanimate objects. Maybe you're Perez's brother. If so. congratulations. You have an averagely decent footballer for a brother who'll never make it at the Arsenal.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When insults start, however long the post, I ignore it. Shows a lack of intellect and I don't argue with inanimate objects.
That's a great rule of thumb bro, I might try that. I do stupid things like trying to use logic to placate agressive posting.

If I use the phrase I'll reference you in an appendix. :lol:

Top Bottom