• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
This season he's not even playing all the time as a front man, because Florin Andone, a romanian as myself, is their striker. Perez is playing in a Miki/ Alexis role and considering how poor Depor has been this season, it certainly isn't fair, or accurate, to say that he's not clinical.
You can't do everything by yourself when the whole squad is crap, can you? Considering the club he's playing for and not always as a striker, I'd say that 4 goals and 3 assists in this season is a decent number so far and there's still a little over three months to go until it ends.
As a comparison, Andone scored six so far.
So what if he's 29? Diego Milito and Di Natale were also late bloomers and were hitting it big at this age or even older.

He will be back. Not exactly going well. :lol:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
When insults start, however long the post, I ignore it. Shows a lack of intellect and I don't argue with inanimate objects. Maybe you're Perez's brother. If so. congratulations. You have an averagely decent footballer for a brother who'll never make it at the Arsenal.
Insults like what? Calling your post uneducated and then later on implying you were trolling after you mentioned Danny's goalscoring record on an international level, even though it has nothing to do with his form for Arsenal?
If that's the sort of stuff that offends you, then you need to grow up.
It's funny that you say I show a lack of intellect even though I brought logical arguments throughout these posts while yours was a strawman based off of preconceived notions.
You don't argue because you don't have anything to bring to the table that's relevant to the subject.

He will be back. Not exactly going well. :lol:
Well, he did say that Arsenal were against him going out on loan, so who knows.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The issue with Perez is he is an average striker with a senior career scoring rate of less than 1 in 3 despite having played some of his time in weaker leagues who had one semi-decent season at Depor. He had few chances in his time with us and never looked like becoming a first XI player. He has scored 4 in 19 since returning to Depor. That's not clinical. He is 29 years old, he's not going to get any better.

Welbeck, with his numerous faults, has actually scored 15 international goals and has a strike rate for England of nearly 1 in 2. But I'm not for one moment suggesting building a team around him.

England plays neanderthal ball thou

Still just hoof it up there

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Insults like what? Calling your post uneducated and then later on implying you were trolling after you mentioned Danny's goalscoring record on an international level, even though it has nothing to do with his form for Arsenal?
If that's the sort of stuff that offends you, then you need to grow up.
It's funny that you say I show a lack of intellect even though I brought logical arguments throughout these posts while yours was a strawman based off of preconceived notions.
You don't argue because you don't have anything to bring to the table that's relevant to the subject.

Well, he did say that Arsenal were against him going out on loan, so who knows.
Get lost. I don't get offended, I just get bored by ignorance.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Get lost. I don't get offended, I just get bored by ignorance.
giphy.gif

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Analysing the squad,

We need a new spine. New GK new CB New CM, all starting quality. Need another wide player of top quality and an Özil understudy

LG10

You know the club have done a terrible job of building a squad when you can't decide what position we need to strengthen the most. GK, CB, DM, and a winger are all desperately needed.

Embarrassing.

say yes

forum master baiter
When insults start, however long the post, I ignore it. Shows a lack of intellect and I don't argue with inanimate objects. Maybe you're Perez's brother. If so. congratulations. You have an averagely decent footballer for a brother who'll never make it at the Arsenal.

Reactions: A_G

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
After Xhaka, Kolasinac and Mustafi I think we should step back from the Bundesliga, it's a farmers league. We should stick to Spain and France they have the best talents.

tcahill

After Xhaka, Kolasinac and Mustafi I think we should step back from the Bundesliga, it's a farmers league. We should stick to Spain and France they have the best talents.

The Bundesliga is better than the French and Italian leagues, and barely behind the Spanish league aside from Barca and Madrid.

Mustafi came from Valencia, Kolasinac has looked fine as a LWB.

Zyrth

I don't think the players from Bundesliga are in anyway inferior to the other big leagues. Xhaka during the latter half of last season looked pretty solid imo. The problem is the structure, movements and lack of automatism from our team, which imo is down to the drills in our training session. We looked pretty clueless at times both in attack and defence but for our players' individual brilliance.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Interesting comments from Giroud:

"I went to see the coach to ask him where he was with Aubameyang. I put him under a bit of pressure, like my agent, who I spoke to several times a day. It is normal. I did not want to be deprived of going to Chelsea which was the best solution for me," he said.

“The coach immediately said to me: 'Don't worry, I will do my best so that you are happy'. On one side, it was normal. I had never asked to leave.

"On the other, I knew that he would not cause problems given the relationship we had always had. He even said to me that it would p*** him off if I did not go to Russia."

People still convinced that played no role in Lacazette getting subbed off no matter what?

Class film btw.

Vibra

Established Member
The state of our squad reminds me of Juve a few of years before they signed Vidal, Pirlo and co, when they spent an absolute fortune on the likes of Amauri and Diego and Iaquinta and Felipe ****ing Melo, only they tried to buy themselves out of mediocrity and we seem to be doing the reverse of that

Who knows what Sven can do about it but the damage is already done, Xhaka is here to stay

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s clear as day the squad needs a seismic overhaul. New spine and new manager to organise them.

I’ve posted before who I think needs to be sold. For starters our whole spine. Koscielny could stay as a non-starting centreback. He’s not even official captain so it’s fine

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Anyone noticed how incredibly panicked we looked any time we had possession of the ball? Only Wilshere looked remotely comfortable and that's saying something considering he was not very good (probably only one that played with any intensity though).

Also, anyone noticed how one-dimensional we look without anyone who can dribble? Again, Wilshere probably the only one who looked to take the ball past people. Özil was terrible. We need dribblers in this team.

Major surgery definitely needed in central defence and central midfield. I'd honestly gut central midfield and have 1 or 2 new guys with a couple of the current midfield and the academy boys behind them. Central defence is tricky simply because I think some of these guys would do a lot better if Wenger wasn't managing. Saying that, we do need some fresh blood there, particularly athletic defenders more than anything.

Top Bottom