• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He deserves criticism as he looks lost at times but he also deserves to have a full season in PL and then see if manages to improve his game at all. I don't like giving up on players so soon.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I have commented on our attack not function ideally a numerous times. I'm just saying so far he hasn't improve the attack, that is 100% sure and that I think it has actually got worse than before. If the attack was worse before it has been even more worse this season.

Yeah yeah Wenger subbing him, him playing injured for five months, him adjusting, team mates refusing to pass to him, when they do the chances he gets are so bad angle and hard to convert to goal, etc, etc... I would try to be fair here and say lets wait for the stars to align and for Lacazette to show similar quality to Luis Suarez. But what can I do, not even the managers wanted to wait for that to happen hence Auba was signed.
The only difference for me is the year. We're just as faultering in attack as ever, and the sample is pretty big.

Auba was signed because he was available and we had no other options if we were going to try and make up the loss of Alexis. You know how Arsenal do things. Buy now, worry about how we fit them in after.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He deserves criticism as he looks lost at times but he also deserves to have a full season in PL and then see if manages to improve his game at all. I don't like giving up on players so soon.
If we sign a world class player tomorrow, and he is not sharp enough, I won’t mind giving him a season to adapt.
But if we’ve signed a player with poor ability, I won’t be patient with him because regardless of how much time you’ve given him, it’s not going to work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Dunno. Has there been a time where he was faster with us than he has been in recent weeks. There is comment by me very early in the season questioning his pace.
Maybe the injury is something he’s had for a while. Video simply doesn’t lie unless every YouTube video of him out there was sped up!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This Lacazette injury f*cked up some agendas. :lol:

Funniest one will be when/if he eclipses Giroud’s first season goal tally. Bear in mind Giroud played more and joined a better arsenal side at a similar age to Lacazette. Heads will spin.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Let me conclude the video for you, he is good but very far from world class.

Only one good trick at around 4:10, once in how many match?
What tricks do you need from your striker? I need him to make runs or get into positions around the box where he can become dangerous. This video doesn't even contain half the moments where a through ball could have been played, but teammates didn't spot him.

Who claims he is world class? He is a good striker, but not a creator like Aguero. Exactly at or slightly above the level we are at.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

There are many reasons our attack has looked ****. Our attack looked **** when we had Alexis ffs! But you want to blame a guy who's been here 5 months. Özil was **** for a lot longer than that, and he's unquestionably world class. You're too keen to condemn him,and it's because you never rated him before he got here. It's clear as day. You even gave Elneny longer before you condemned him :lol:
I’m responsible for this unfortunately. I remember saying something along the lines of “at the very least he’ll be a Walcott with more consistent finishing and better technical ability”. Since then Hydro has hated Laca, you also have Carlito who’s insatiable need to be able to say ‘I told you so’ has him unable to judge Laca objectively.

I mean the guy just had knee surgery and people are refusing to acknowledge that it could explain his recent poor form. :lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
This Lacazette injury f*cked up some agendas. :lol:

Funniest one will be when/if he eclipses Giroud’s first season goal tally. Bear in mind Giroud played more and joined a better arsenal side at a similar age to Lacazette. Heads will spin.

Better Arsenal side? Which team were you watching mate, he joined us after a season where we lost 8-2 to manure, and where Rvp carried us and was replaced by Giroud. We were beyond cack back then.

Podolski, Cazorla, and Walcott were probably our best players. Absolute poverty.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Better Arsenal side? Which team were you watching mate, he joined us after a season where we lost 8-2 to manure, and where Rvp carried us and was replaced by Giroud. We were beyond cack back then.

Podolski, Cazorla, and Walcott were probably our best players. Absolute poverty.

Didn't we have spells of trying Gervinho, Podolski and Walcott up front before finally settling on Giroud in the second half of the season too? It's not even like Giroud was first choice all season in the same way Lacazette was this season until Auba came in. But I agree Cazorla carried that team creatively, I mean we were still heavily reliant on Rosicky ffs.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

But if we’ve signed a player with poor ability, I won’t be patient with him because regardless of how much time you’ve given him, it’s not going to work out.
You should be a scout then, there’s a multi million pound paycheck available for a guy who knows who’s the real deal and who’s just a big fish in a small pond – as you seem to do.

Let’s not forget tricks, the player needs to have some tricks.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

That side was better than this one. Dress it up now you want but that side bounced back from losing RVP admirably. Played very good football and Arteta is the one player in recent years who went someway towards fixing Wenger’s midfield.

No disgrace in Cazorla being our best player, he was very good.

I was going to say ‘relatively better’ at first but I decided not to in the end. I think that team was outright better you can debate that I suppose. But relatively? It’s not even close, the table doesn’t lie.

I’m responsible for this unfortunately. I remember saying something along the lines of “at the very least he’ll be a Walcott with more consistent finishing and better technical ability”. Since then Hydro has hated Laca, you also have Carlito who’s insatiable need to be able to say ‘I told you so’ has him unable to judge Laca objectively.

I mean the guy just had knee surgery and people are refusing to acknowledge that it could explain his recent poor form. :lol:

Mate, it has nothing to do with you that I dont rate Lacazette. Why do you think that anyway?

I judged Lacazette from the youtube comps I saw and saw a very average striker. I also took @carlito'sway word for it but I founded him most knowledge able about the France league.

The overrating of him was way over the top here and yeah I got sucked into some war of words that I shouldn't have but my opinion has always been clear about Lacazette. Average footballer that I was hoping he could take his game up a level or two with us.

In the end what I have been seeing this season his zero improvement on Girouds lack of being mobile. Zero improvement on Giroud pace. We have actually regressed in striker attacking the ball near post or just anywhere in the box.

But hey I mean he has been injured for the whole season. Maybe next season he will become Luis Suarez. I really hope so!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I love that last paragraph. Take an inconvenient truth and address it flippantly. That way you’ve acknowledged that his injury could be the reason for his lack of form without really acknowledging or accepting it.

Not sure if you’re doing it on purpose but It’s brilliant stuff, honestly. Some world class agenda-ry on display.

Will agree that he needs more tricks though, whatever the hell that is.

Last edited:

I love that last paragraph. Take an inconvenient truth and address it in a flippantly. That way you’ve acknowledged that his injury could be the reason for his lack of form without really acknowledging or accepting it.

Not sure if you’re doing it on purpose but It’s brilliant stuff, honestly. Some world class agenda-ry on display.

Will agree that he needs more tricks though, whatever the hell that is.

Who are you talking to? I said nothing about tricks.

And my last paragraph. Oh you really believe he has been injured for the whole season? I don't. My last paragraph was sarcasm or at least a nice try for it.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I would rather have a striker with poorer finishing ability, receiving 3 chances from teammates per match, creating 3 for himself, missing 3 and score 3.

I raise you Álvaro Borja Morata Martín.

And by the way, i'm starting to get doubts about this supposed finishing ability of Laca, as much as i like him, his confidence has deserted him along with his chance conversion.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Lacazette has been injured all season? Jeez that doesn't reflect very well on the club, surely you'd pick up on an injury over the course of 5 months. How it's not gotten even worse and turned into something really serious is quite frankly a miracle. I'm actually surprised more hasn't been made of this because this is just unforgivable from the club.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I raise you Álvaro Borja Morata Martín.

And by the way, i'm starting to get doubts about this supposed finishing ability of Laca, as much as i like him, his confidence has deserted him along with his chance conversion.
Yeah, but confidence comes back. It isn't a physical skill that you lose with age. Personally I think Laca has been good enough and I'm hoping Wenger manages to start both him and PEA in matches. The period when Laca was introduced against Sp**s was certainly the most productive one we had entire match chance wise - even if they fell to Laca who mucked them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom