• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The period when Laca was introduced against Sp**s was certainly the most productive one we had entire match chance wise - even if they fell to Laca who mucked them up.

That was good period from him! Must have forgotten he had been injured for 5 months while he played that.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
That side was better than this one. Dress it up now you want but that side bounced back from losing RVP admirably. Played very good football and Arteta is the one player in recent years who went someway towards fixing Wenger’s midfield.

No disgrace in Cazorla being our best player, he was very good.

I was going to say ‘relatively better’ at first but I decided not to in the end. I think that team was outright better you can debate that I suppose. But relatively? It’s not even close, the table doesn’t lie.

Come on, it was crap. Make a combined 11/squad and you easily have most players from this season. Özil, Lacazette, Alexis, Iwobi, Giroud, Walcott vs. Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla, Walcott, Gervinho, Park... :lol::lol::lol:Probably missed some. Would have Özil alone over that lot.

The table does lie, teams at the top were worse then. We were just as bad in the league then until Wenger decided to take a pragmatic approach, which saw us unbeaten for the last 10 games or so. Could still happen this season as well given our upcoming fixtures, but we have EL to worry about tho.

We lost with our 'best' player Cazorla against Bradford ffs. This team won the FA Cup just last season, and is in another Cup final.

Can't believe I'm actually having to say this. You cannot be serious mate, that team was ****ing ****.

You don't need to down that road to defend Lacazette, he has been fine and better than Giroud was in his first season. Easily in fact, however it is clear that Giroud is better suited to the PL because of his physical attributes, big and strong. Hit his head and the ball goes towards goal. Lacazette has zero physical attributes that make him special, which is a problem. If he can adapt and be more agressive, he can be very useful for us.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What tricks do you need from your striker? I need him to make runs or get into positions around the box where he can become dangerous. This video doesn't even contain half the moments where a through ball could have been played, but teammates didn't spot him.

Who claims he is world class? He is a good striker, but not a creator like Aguero. Exactly at or slightly above the level we are at.
You only need him to make runs or get into positions? Maybe that’s why England will never win the World Cup because British fans only demand that from their players. No wonder why England have players like wright phillips, walcott, lennon... who just run around with pace and considered being great. England will never develope a new pele, ronaldinho, messi or ronaldo, and you probably don’t deserve one.

And thanks for your suggestion to become a scout. I watched a few games of Nasri back then when he was 16. I thought he was great and would fit arsenal. He worth less than 5m at the time. We finally bought him at 17m when he was 21.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furious

Didn't we have spells of trying Gervinho, Podolski and Walcott up front before finally settling on Giroud in the second half of the season too? It's not even like Giroud was first choice all season in the same way Lacazette was this season until Auba came in. But I agree Cazorla carried that team creatively, I mean we were still heavily reliant on Rosicky ffs.

Yeah, spot on. Giroud started 24 league games that season, and 10 as a sub.

Overall he was crap and missed too many chances, but unlike Laca he was dangerous. Averaged 3.1 shots per game despite playing 10 as a sub.

Laca is averaging 2.2 shots which is very poor for a main striker, who started 22 games(+4 subs). Not dangerous enough imo, but his link up play has been quite good, and he's quite cleary a good player, much better than Giroud was in his first season.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette was fantastic when he first joined ffs. :lol: He was a clear level above where he has been recently. Yeah he didn't score every game, but his link up play, work rate and movement were all great. I was so surprised he had more than finishing in his locker, the lad had barely played with this squad also. He wanted the ball all the time but rarely got it and he's playing with one of the worst defences I've seen at Arsenal which puts far more pressure on him.

Girouds hold up play is so so overrated, I've commented before that I even think Lacazette is better in that department.

Anyway, let's judge him at the end of the season if he can get back to 100%. We're lucky to have him in our squad ffs.

Furious

Lacazette was fantastic when he first joined ffs. :lol: He was a clear level above where he has been recently. Yeah he didn't score every game, but his link up play, work rate and movement were all great. I was so surprised he had more than finishing in his locker, the lad had barely played with this squad also. He wanted the ball all the time but rarely got it and he's playing with one of the worst defences I've seen at Arsenal which puts far more pressure on him.

Girouds hold up play is so so overrated, I've commented before that I even think Lacazette is better in that department.

Anyway, let's judge him at the end of the season if he can get back to 100%. We're lucky to have him in our squad ffs.

What has the defence to do with Lacazette? If it put more pressure on him, then surely he'd be more agressive and take more shots?

For all his good movement that people keep talking about, he's supremely slow. Some Swansea donkey kept easily with him when he was played in. Happened many times during the season, where defenders keep up with him.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What has the defence to do with Lacazette? If it put more pressure on him, then surely he'd be more agressive and take more shots?

For all his good movement that people keep talking about, he's supremely slow. Some Swansea donkey kept easily with him when he was played in. Happened many times during the season, where defenders keep up with him.

It's hard to word but being 1-0, 2-0 down because of a defensive mistake puts pressure on everyone, especially a £50 million striker because everyones expecting you to score the goals to get out the mess if you get me? He's probably gone into games knowing the defence will make a mistake, I know I have. :lol: Yeah again I wish he'd take more shots, but there has been SO many times he's not been picked out, but what can you do eh.

Also it's clear he's had a knee injury for a few months now, probably why he's slowed down? I can't remember exactly but there were times at the start of the season he out paced quite a few people, the guy was never Ronaldo pace however.

Furious

It's hard to word but being 1-0, 2-0 down because of a defensive mistake puts pressure on everyone, especially a £50 million striker because everyones expecting you to score the goals to get out the mess if you get me? He's probably gone into games knowing the defence will make a mistake, I know I have. :lol:

Also it's clear he's had a knee injury for a few months now, probably why he's slowed down? I can't remember exactly but there were times at the start of the season he out paced quite a few people, the guy was never Ronaldo pace however.

I understand where you get at, but the game where our defence actually ****ed up the most, against United and we were down 2-0 after 10 minutes, Lacazette actually had his best game for us, scored and had a season high, 7 shots. On top of that, some excellent link up play.

I don't know about the injury thing. All speculation, clear that his fans will use it as an excuse, while his doubters will do the opposite. I will comment on what I've seen on the pitch myself. Although there was doubt about him for the Utd game, but he played anyway - maybe he ****ed something in that game actually. It's when his poor form started. Could make sense.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I am happy to defend players like Lacazette because of the circumstances, he's literally just joined this club and I have seen that he could be a very very good player. Unfortunately the club are in terrible terrible form and have been since he joined, doesn't help the fact nearly all fans want Wenger out and no one knew what was happening with Özil and Alexis, plus the apparent split dressing room. Not exactly the best situation to become the starting striker is it? Plus the injury and our fans never really help. Anyway I think he'll be fantastic and hope he links up with Auba when he's fit.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I understand where you get at, but the game where our defence actually ****ed up the most, against United and we were down 2-0 after 10 minutes, Lacazette actually had his best game for us, scored and had a season high, 7 shots. On top of that, some excellent link up play.

I don't know about the injury thing. All speculation, clear that his fans will use it as an excuse, while his doubters will do the opposite. I will comment on what I've seen on the pitch myself. Although there was doubt about him for the Utd game, but he played anyway - maybe he ****ed something in that game actually. It's when his poor form started. Could make sense.

Yeah the United game was his best, which is why I believe the injury is true, because he had been poor after that and both Giroud was injured and Welbeck unfit so what are you supposed to do? There has been games bar the United one where he looked really really good.

I kind of mean the defence causing pressure in general and a lack of confidence to everyone, like Swansea for example, our defence has caused problems for everyone. Alexis, Özil and Lacazette always looked dangerous, just let down by clowns at the back.

Ugh, f*ck me I don't know anymore. :lol::lol:

Preacher

Always Crying
I'll simplify everything yet again. Arsenal's record is good at home, Lacazette's record is good there also. Arsenal's results are sh*t away, Lacazette's stats are the same there. You don't see pattern ?

Away from home especially we're dull going forward, shambles at the back, our midfield likes to go hiding. It isn't easy for new player under these circumstances.

Yeah Lacazette should attack the ball more after crosses in the box, sometimes be more imposing, I'll give you that.

But this romanticism about Giroud, sayings that Lacazette is failure after 6 months, all finger pointing to him, when we're talking about our attack are things which make this thread almost unbearable at the moment.

OSBK

Established Member

Good post.

So agree with the hold up part, there is a world of difference in kane holding up the ball and giroud but physically they are quite matched. Giroud is decent in the air but so is crouchy and that doesnt make him a arsenal player.

Absolutely judge laca at the end of the season, he has shown enough already that if we upgrade midfield and we keep Özil/mhky/auba fit and he will do very well for us.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Until auba doesn't score for a few games then watch it go up :lol:
Aubameyang has all the great abilities that if he didn’t perform well, we knew he is just having an unfortunate time because according to his great abilities, he should be able to perform better.
Whereas lacazette, who only has great finishing, good pace, but nothing else. We kind of expected he is going to be an above average striker. So it doesn’t count as a drop of form when he doesn’t perform, since his average performance is a true reflection of his average ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom