• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Marca reporting Madrid want Courtois.

Chelsea fans praying that Madrid go for De Gea, United fans praying that Chelsea go for Courtois.

Power is in Madrid's hand to significantly weaken the team of their choice, albeit, I'm strongly of the (potentially biased) opinion that De Gea is the better keeper and has unmatched shot-stopping abilities.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Marca reporting Madrid want Courtois.

Chelsea fans praying that Madrid go for De Gea, United fans praying that Chelsea go for Courtois.

Power is in Madrid's hand to significantly weaken the team of their choice, albeit, I'm strongly of the (potentially biased) opinion that De Gea is the better keeper and has unmatched shot-stopping abilities.
De Gea pisses all over Courtois

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Hope they pick De Gea. Ten times better than Courtois, might be the best United goalie ever. And I've seen Schmeichel and VDS.

I thought Alex Stepney was a great one. Here's a clip of his famous save against Eusebio in the 1968 European Cup final, prompting the great Eusebio to applaud him.

I didn't see Harry Gregg play, but he was another great one for them.

Man United - need a top CB

City - Silva is getting on, so another creative CM.

Liverpool - GK and/or another top CB

Chelsea - new CB and striker. Morata and Giroud (whom i liked a lot when he was with us) are not 30-goal per season players.

If Villa or Wolves get promoted, I can see Welbeck going there. Or Leicester or other mid-table team.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Stefan de Vrij is not going to sign a new contract at Lazio. Just been confirmed. He's a free agent in a couple of months.

I'd say sign him up. He's a calm defender who's good on the ball. Someone we need next to an aggressive defender like Kos or Mustafi.
That's huge, hopefully we get on this. We could use a bargain, seeing as we need a number of signings this summer.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What makes you think he'd be a good partner for Mustafi?

Mustafi's game is very aggressive and physical, he likes to come out on the front foot and make tackles/interceptions, while De Vrij's game is based more on positioning and anticipation. The two would compliment each other. Mustafi would do the dirty work while De Vrij would organise and pass the ball out from the back.

A lot of people here want Manolas, I'd take him too, but really his style of play is very similar to Mustafi. He goes to ground often, having two CBs who go to ground a lot isn't good in the long run.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Mustafi's game is very aggressive and physical, he likes to come out on the front foot and make tackles/interceptions, while De Vrij's game is based more on positioning and anticipation. The two would compliment each other. Mustafi would do the dirty work while De Vrij would organise and pass the ball out from the back.

A lot of people here want Manolas, I'd take him too, but really his style of play is very similar to Mustafi. He goes to ground often, having two CBs who go to ground a lot isn't good in the long run.
Fair enough on De Vrij, I haven't seen much of him so I'm not sure. I hear he's a composed figure though which is a good sign.

On the other hand, I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of Manolas. I've seen a fair bit of him and I'd go so far as to say that staying on his feet is one of his biggest strengths. He's also a fair physical presence and very defense-prioritizing, he certainly has many of the right qualities to complement Mustafi. I'd favor him over De Vrij from what I know.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Fair enough on De Vrij, I haven't seen much of him so I'm not sure. I hear he's a composed figure though which is a good sign.

On the other hand, I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of Manolas. I've seen a fair bit of him and I'd go so far as to say that staying on his feet is one of his biggest strengths. He's also a fair physical presence and very defense-prioritizing, he certainly has many of the right qualities to complement Mustafi. I'd favor him over De Vrij from what I know.

Ah well I'll defer to your judgement if you've seen more of him, just from what I've seen he goes to ground a lot. Personally I'd have Koulibaly out of the three of them. He plays as LCB, very good passer and would work well in our high line.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Interesting, wonder if that means skriniar will be off in the summer

Could be to partner Skriniar, which would be incredible for Inter. I don't know where they're at with their finances, if it's to replace Skriniar then we have to do everything to try to get him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

tenor.gif

Stannis

paper talk saying Sander Berge is off to Seville for 13 million

will probably leave there in a couple years for 4 times the price

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
paper talk saying Sander Berge is off to Seville for 13 million

will probably leave there in a couple years for 4 times the price

Great buy for them if true, he'd boss it in La Liga. I'm still waiting for us to make this sort of deal, the one we profess we need to make in order to get someone in before they get too expensive. Maybe we'll make a deal like this in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom