• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The lads at the back were nervous all game.

The boys in the middle either weren't fit (Ramsey) or didn't put much effort in, Xhaka walking back ffs.

The gulf in class was noticeable in certain positions and Wenger looks very tired.

Can see a big change coming this summer.

Jojoba

and btw, lol at people saying that we are a stronger team now.

Hope you guys now see how important both giroud and Alexis were.
Its been luck and individual disjointed performances that have won us the recent FA cups. Not because our whole team is good.
We have been a joke team since the Cesc era came to an end. I have been saying this since then. We have not had a set style of football. I just miss that beautiful football we used to play. Th Players we have today are so technically poor. We had Cesc, Nasri, RVp, Rosicky, Wilshere, Eduardo, Hleb, etc in that time. I always felt confident that we could win a given match if they stayed fit. But i have never felt confident about winning any game against any half decent team since the Cesc era ended.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
And Jack needs to sort his **** up.

I ****ing hate it when he has a poor game, but then wants to show "some passion" by getting into player faces.

That's pathetic.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

**** me that was absolutely pathetic, it was the same as the Sp**s game. Just sat off and sort of hoped that City wouldn't score and that we might get lucky on the break, I hate football played like that especially when we're incapable of soaking up pressure.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Well if you're going back a decade, then yes. I'm not trying to argue that the club's recruitment has been good at all. The summers of 2013, 2015 and 2017 were poor due to lack of signings, the two years we actually spent in 2014 and 2016 the money was generally wasted. But no matter how shrewd we are in the market, we simply can't match City's squad.

oh ffs, we don;t need to match them in spending. What they spent in a season to buy players quick to satatisfy a new manager like United or City, we could have built in this squad over a decade, by building this team player by player. We didn't need to do it fast. Wenger has been here forever.
We actually went a season without buying an outfield player and lost the league to fecking Leicester!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I wonder how many people have stopped watching/supporting Arsenal entirely in the last 6 months.
To be honest with you guys, the way we've been playing in the last couple of seasons bores me quite a lot.
We're also one of the worst teams on the counter. Slowly, but steadily, Arsenal has been castrated of speed and hunger for winning.

Last edited:

Maddar16

I just dont get Arsène, his football philosophy is based on technical security with the ball, but this team has so many cloggers it is unreal. Welbeck, Bellerin Kolasinac to name a few. Ramsey might not have the touch but he has the engine and provides runs. His banter era teams would steamroll this current squad and i am not even joking.

Even those mentioned names can have their uses. Welbeck should be used to occupy the channels due to his workrate not as a striker.

Look at our midfield players when they get the ball, there is no one to make passing angles, ie triangles. This is partly why Xhaka gets dispossessed. What happened to Wenger that allowed him to recruit players with such poor technical ability?

And another thing, what does it say to players like Nketiah Nelson et al when senior players get picked time and time again despite their errors. Even Mourinho is showing up Wenger by starting Mctominay in back to back big games and putting Pogbas' place in doubt.

Just use the rest of the PL games to blood promising youth players and go full tilt in Europa.

If Mustafi gets selected this week then it is curtains for Arsène.

MNUS

We are like United with the 4-2-3-1 scapegoating. Yes Wenger needs to go he isn't the only problem with the team, most of the players are happy being passengers and/or dont have the quality (especially for Wengerball).

What Bellerin said was spot on to the state of this club, Sanchez was too much for him sometimes because he always wanted to win. Jog on mate and take Wenger with you.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Actually I disagree. I truly believe he's delusional and has lost complete tough with footy reality.

Oh if it's his grip on the realities of modern football then yes he hasn't a prayer :lol:

Nothing gets me angrier than watching one of the multitude of specials he has on BEIN

"Arsène Wenger's World Cup Shocks".

He should retire & become a football curator.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Winning the Europa League looks like a fantasy right now and the league campaign is all done.

The club should use this. Bar Mkhitaryan, PEA and Özil every player out there should be playing for the future.

They've made right moves in cutting ties with a lot of players, I'm hoping we're starting to see a culture change. No more of these embarrassments out there.

blaze_of_glory

Still don't understand why Wenger ever changed from 442. He perfected that, took it to new heights that have still not been surpassed. But then got caught up in trying to be trendy.

Malky

Established Member
Didn't expect us to win, in all honesty, but that was a disgrace! We just lay down and let City do what they want in the 2nd half, not one of those pampered cowards shown any sort of fight. Meanwhile Wenger and Bould sit on the bench with their 'poor us' expressions.
I can't even work out what Wenger's game plan was, sit back, defend and hit them on the counter with the worlds slowest attack + Aubameyang? Yeah, ****ing £10M a year genius that!
Fuming with that performance right now. **** the lot of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom