• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_girl14

I'll give Auba a chance to adjust. Özil on the otherhand hasn't been his best since he signed. He's obviously a top class player, but I worry that it's only when it suits him.

Wasn't Özil sick this week with the flu or something (again)? He didn't look 100%, and it's clear Auba isn't 100% sharp either. Not that it would have Changed the outcome, City are a much better side than us. Technically, most of our players are so poor.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We spent combined 75M on mustafi and xhaka they supposed to make us better they make us much worse instead they repeating same mistakes every game and not got dropped because we got crap depth

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I thought we were gonna really give it to these guys today up until I saw the 5 at the back. Then I knew we were going to struggle massively. Still been let down since then though.

Completely agree, setting up just to contain the other team is bullshit. We are an attacking team, no reason to be afraid to attack. I don't even see anything in our play that shows we do better with 5 at the back..

Just play a disciplined game with 4 at the back, and attack with intent when the opportunity presents itself. Playing like this is just so deflating.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Vincent Kompany is that lucky **** who got hired by a promising tech startup that later turned into Apple.

progman07

Established Member
Its been luck and individual disjointed performances that have won us the recent FA cups. Not because our whole team is good.
We have been a joke team since the Cesc era came to an end. I have been saying this since then. We have not had a set style of football. I just miss that beautiful football we used to play. Th Players we have today are so technically poor. We had Cesc, Nasri, RVp, Rosicky, Wilshere, Eduardo, Hleb, etc in that time. I always felt confident that we could win a given match if they stayed fit. But i have never felt confident about winning any game against any half decent team since the Cesc era ended.
Absolutely agree, we have never played consistent quality possession football since Fabregas left (and never played consistent quality counter-attack football since Vieira left).

I don't know what style of play do we attempt, but it often looks like we do not have an idea about it.

Maddar16

Wenger bought Sanchez, Özil, Laca and Auba, what exactly did he do with them?

Wenger bought fecking Xhaka and Elnenny. Wenger bought Welbeck, ffs, Welbeck (the insanity)!

It really isn't about finances. The man has been playing a team devoid of a midfield for years without relenting, ffs.
He has been buying players with poor technical ability to fit his style which requires technical security. Imagine Welbeck Bellerin kolasinac in Pep's team.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
**** me that was absolutely pathetic, it was the same as the Sp**s game. Just sat off and sort of hoped that City wouldn't score and that we might get lucky on the break, I hate football played like that especially when we're incapable of soaking up pressure.

Couldn't agree more and it never works either..

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Completely agree, setting up just to contain the other team is bullshit. We are an attacking team, no reason to be afraid to attack. I don't even see anything in our play that shows we do better with 5 at the back..

Just play a disciplined game with 4 at the back, and attack with intent when the opportunity presents itself. Playing like this is just so deflating.

The biggest joke is he played 5 at the back while doing it. If you're planning on sitting back and soaking up pressure you want the extra attacker for when you counter. We played 5 at the back and then he expects us to counter attack with Özil, Ramsey and Wilshere. He's an idiot.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We couldn't string more than 5 passes together, such a poor performance. Very disappointed, Wenger didn't set the team up adequately.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
oh ffs, we don;t need to match them in spending. What they spent in a season to buy players quick to satatisfy a new manager like United or City, we could have built in this squad over a decade, by building this team player by player. We didn't need to do it fast.
Yeah, we tried that and Fabregas/Nasri/RVP lost patience so we had to start again.

Linson

My lowdown:

1. Xhaka and Ramsey did not work well together at all
2. Wilshere and Özil tried but lack form
3. Tactically ineptitude - we were too defensive, lacked creativity
4. We could have the best striker in the world and he still wouldn't score

Player ratings

Ospina - 6 - couldn't have done much about what happened
Chambers - 5 - not awe-inspiring but didn't look out of place
Mustafi - 5 - won a few headers
Koscielny - 5 - looked shakey at times
Bellerin - 5 - didn't seem to contribute much to either attack or defence
Xhaka - 4 - sloppy passing and missed tackles
Ramsey - 4 - disappeared for large parts of the game
Monreal - N/A - injured too early
Wilshere - 6 - presented for the ball and tried to create something but it just didn't happen for him. Usually plays with more heart than this.
Özil - 4 - didn't seem to be in the game
Aubameyang - N/A - didn't touch the ball enough as no creativity behind him

Wenger - 2 - just about managed to field a team. Didn't seem to motivate the players or make changes quickly enough. Failed to tactically deal with any aspect of Man Citeh from their defensive, midfield and attacking abilities.

Just on a side note, today I learnt that Sergio Ramos has scored more goals than Welbeck.... Anyone surprised? No? Didn't think so...

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Does anyone else get the feeling that everybody in the media is bored of us now? They are bored of saying the same things, bored of analysing the same problems, disbelieving in how it has been allowed to continue.

The situation at Arsenal is completely unique in that our problems are transparent in every way. Every one can see them. And yet, as a body, our club does nothing to change them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We couldn't string more than 5 passes together, such a poor performance. Very disappointed, Wenger didn't set the team up adequately.
We leave auba alone upfront and shift Özil on wings it was really bad setup yes I understand going 5 at the back against city but not playing that defensive

blaze_of_glory

We spent combined 75M on mustafi and xhaka they supposed to make us better they make us much worse instead they repeating same mistakes every game and not got dropped because we got crap depth
Yeah Xhaka's had essentially two years here to sort it out, so much promise when he arrived but he's clearly not the right fit for us or maybe even for this league. Tons of talent in certain areas but can't make it work here at all. He'll have certain games where he looks great on the ball but then goes back to struggling to do the basics.

Mustafi's been up and down but this year especially he's been so culpable for goals against. Both need to go in the summer. CB, CM, RB all needed.

c00lguy

We were playing good football in the Fabregas days because all the other teams weren't. The premier league has improved so much in that short space of time and everyone's gotten better. That's all there is to it.
We were **** then and we're **** now. But we did win multiple trophies in the last couple of years so that's a positive, no matter how disappointed we can be today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom