• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

If you say so. I don't know why Auba is exempt from blame simply because 'he didn't stop running'. Okay, great! That's so helpful. Elneny doesn't stop running either. Pretty much everyone was poor yesterday.
I’m not saying he’s exempt entirely. However a striker is almost entirely dependent on the service he gets from the midfield. CM win or lose you the game, if you lose the CM battle then you basically lose the game most of the time. So comparing those two is just ridiculous.

I assume you watched the game yesterday, if you did you would have seen auba make some brilliant runs which required a simple forward pass only for our midfield to hold onto the ball too long or pass it sideways.

Ashybashy86

I’m not saying he’s exempt entirely. However a striker is almost entirely dependent on the service he gets from the midfield. CM win or lose you the game, if you lose the CM battle then you basically lose the game most of the time. So comparing those two is just ridiculous.

I assume you watched the game yesterday, if you did you would have seen auba make some brilliant runs which required a simple forward pass only for our midfield to hold onto the ball too long or pass it sideways.
I did watch the game and I even said on the match thread that he was making runs that were being ignored. He wasn't getting enough service, so I'm not blaming him for not scoring. If the 'didn't stop running' was referring to him making runs in behind, then I was wrong to take issue with that. I will say though, apart from that, he didn't get involved with the play. Like Cavani, Higuain, Suarez, D. Costa etc. would.

Anyway, I don't blame him. It was the team as a whole.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Can’t even blame him for that chance. It was a poor ball across from Özil and a great tackle from Walker. He missed the follow-up but he was off balance from the original attempt when Walker tackled him. All he could really do is stick his left leg out and hope for the best.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
That miss.
It wasn't a miss though, Walker got in ahead of him and poked the ball back to Bravo. And by the time he made the second attempt he had already passed the ball. He's facing the same problem Laca was, in that no one is trying to spot his runs. Even the commentators were talking about it.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Instead of putting the responsibility on Giroud and Sanchez, there are people who actually responsible for tactical things like this. And it's not those guys on the field.

And seriously, if you guys trying to make excuse for weird tactical decisions, remember this year isn't the first time this happened.

Arsenal didn't play with crosses with Giroud on the field, there was even a period where Arsenal expected Giroud to chase through balls
Arsenal did play crosses when Walcott playing up top, and he was alone in the box
Arsenal had Adebayor run wide to cross while Cesc were supposed to run and head them in
and explain why after 1 season with us, noone can shoot from outside the penalty box?
You totally misunderstood the point. I'm not saying Giroud and Sanchez personally forced us to play like that. I'm not saying they walked into Arsène's office and said "Gaffer we need to play this this or else, GOT IT".

I'm saying that that was the style Wenger chose to play when we had those two in the team and it partially suited us because they had those strengths. Wenger is now seemingly trying to play the same style or their is a hangover of styles with strikers that are completely different. I directly blaming Wenger, not the players.

Crocrodile

Why are he and Laca being caught offside on multiple occasions? Are they taking wrong runs or the others releasing the ball too late?

IMO both due to the fact that they are not being involved coupled with the eroding technical quality of our side.

Firstly, if they come back for the ball and actually are involved there 's a lesser chance they will be offside if moving with the team ( one of the big things the new manager will have to work on-team movement ).

Secondly, again due to having a small number of chances, they try to make too much happen.

Thirdly, they are not really in the rhythm of the game so to speak and don't really feel the game really well, know the latter two are hard to explain, but they just don 't feel how to attack the CBs.

At fourth place and seemingly most important, our side has eroded technically. Xhaka, Wilshere and Ramsey aren't nearly what you 'd want in a technical side when low on confidence, Mkhi and Özil are fairweather with Özil being more technically consistent but often I feel the disparity between football IQs of our players and his they don 't understand how to run into space, he also overrates his passing range and so do his supporters like when he tried to release Bellerin on the counter yesterday, luxury player indeed. Iwobi is meh at best at this point, Welbeck and Elnenny even lesser than that with youngsters being generally unknowns.

SUMMARY A side that is lacking in football IQ and technical quality which then causes the strikers to hurt with them trying to do too much and not being, so to speak, "in the game".

RacingPhoton

Established Member
IMO both due to the fact that they are not being involved coupled with the eroding technical quality of our side.

Firstly, if they come back for the ball and actually are involved there 's a lesser chance they will be offside if moving with the team ( one of the big things the new manager will have to work on-team movement ).

Secondly, again due to having a small number of chances, they try to make too much happen.

Thirdly, they are not really in the rhythm of the game so to speak and don't really feel the game really well, know the latter two are hard to explain, but they just don 't feel how to attack the CBs.

At fourth place and seemingly most important, our side has eroded technically. Xhaka, Wilshere and Ramsey aren't nearly what you 'd want in a technical side when low on confidence, Mkhi and Özil are fairweather with Özil being more technically consistent but often I feel the disparity between football IQs of our players and his they don 't understand how to run into space, he also overrates his passing range and so do his supporters like when he tried to release Bellerin on the counter yesterday, luxury player indeed. Iwobi is meh at best at this point, Welbeck and Elnenny even lesser than that with youngsters being generally unknowns.

SUMMARY A side that is lacking in football IQ and technical quality which then causes the strikers to hurt with them trying to do too much and not being, so to speak, "in the game".
Great points. One and three are definitely something for the new manager to work on. We used to be a joy to watch when we were on rhythm. I watch that Wilshere's goal against Norwich at least once a week. Point 2 is basically the outcome of 1 and 3. Lack of rhythm means we lose the ball way too early and the striker is left isolated and that leads to desperate runs. Point 4 needs some thinking. Some of our players have shown signs of good football IQ in some matches here and there. But all of a sudden they behave like ****ing *. Man when I start thinking about all this I could clearly see how ****ed up our team is, at the moment and number of things that require fixing. Let me just stop this train of thoughts.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
After three games in a new league, new country, new team: ‘Ah, not good enough. Sell. Giroud and Theo were better.’
Meanwhile, Batshuayi after 3 games at Dortmund scored 5 goals, a number neither Lewa or Auba reached as fast as he.
It's the difference between a direct team and one that overcomplicates things going forward. We're more predictable than the Oscars.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

One of the best posts we've had in a while. Absolute drivel on here recently, thanks for some football talk. Not much of that lately.... Top points. I agree with @RacingPhoton's summary

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

After three games in a new league, new country, new team: ‘Ah, not good enough. Sell. Giroud and Theo were better.’

:lol:

By AW admission the guy is not fully fit . Though if he scored that would have changed the dynamic of that match .

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I didn't see the full game but you have to give him time, particularly given he's had terrible fixtures. After the City game we have Milan x2, Watford, Brighton. He should play those games and I expect him to score and play well, if he doesn't then I'll criticise him.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Aubameyang is a marginally better Walcott..... put Walcott into Dortmund and I bet he'll be able to pull off almost as good numbers as Aubameyang, provided he stays fit. In fact if Walcott left us for Dortmund 4 years ago he would probably have developed into being a much better player than he is now.

Poverty post. Please tell me you're trolling.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
I didn't see the full game but you have to give him time, particularly given he's had terrible fixtures. After the City game we have Milan x2, Watford, Brighton. He should play those games and I expect him to score and play well, if he doesn't then I'll criticise him.

Can't play the Europa League games, he's cup tied.

BBF

People talking about Giroud now ffs.

No one here knows what a good striker looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom