• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced Xhaka must have a few accounts on here and keeps posting about how great he is in the Xhaka thread :lol: there can be no other logical explanation as to why some people rate him so highly.
So true! Just wish he hadn't been tasked with holding AND deep-lying midfielder here and instead been paired with a coquelin-like pure ball-winning DM (not like when wenger incorrectly had him b2b pressing) just to see if he could've prospered in a freer role.

Reactions: Jae

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It pains me that his legacy will be remembered for the bad times as much as the good. If he had a similar set up to Man United where the coaches were given much more power to run the team and he was constantly replacing them and bringing new ones in he'd have much more consistent team.

Arsène's biggest problems over the years have been injuries and inconsistency, both stems from his loyalty to players.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It pains me that his legacy will be remembered for the bad times as much as the good. If he had a similar set up to Man United where the coaches were given much more power to run the team and he was constantly replacing them and bringing new ones in he'd have much more consistent team.

Arséne's biggest problems over the years have been injuries and inconsistency, both stems from his loyalty to players.
:lol::lol::lol: United have spent a **** load of money and finished behind Wenger 4 years out of 5. And you're applauding their setup and critising ours. This place is mental.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Oh boo hoo, wouldn't be fair to your champion?! If you're not at least an apologist for the indefensible wenger, then you do champion & try to protect his record however. What are you so bl**dy worried about?? He hasn't been rewarded financially enough or hasn't had his ego stroked enough by sections of the press & sycophants like yourself?

That latest press conference was not AT ALL 'dignified' as you incorrectly described it. It was yet another display of a smug, deluded, egotistical, arrogant, tin despot. His shallow surface 'charm' or 'class' is only perpetuated by the press so they can continue their cliched narrative. He doesn't deserve to be admired as a manager up with the likes of fergie, pep, ancelotti or even mou as he has NEVER felt the pressure they've contended with from more diligent & demanding bosses yet still achieved league & CL victory.
:lol:

Preacher

Always Crying
:lol::lol::lol: United have spent a **** load of money and finished behind Wenger 4 years out of 5. And you're applauding their setup and critising ours. This place is mental.
He's talking only about SAF years after that they dropped the ball and we should learn from their mistakes replacing long-term manager.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He's talking only about SAF years after that they dropped the ball and we should learn from their mistakes replacing long-term manager.
Ah! I was talking about the Man United 'set up'. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Piers Morgan is. He kicked off the internet campaign against Wenger. 2009 or 2010, since then it's gathered momentum like a snowball.
Come on, people aren't just following Piers Morgan. They can see the regression on the pitch with their own eyes, they don't need PM's twitter ramblings to influence their thoughts on the manager. I think he started his Wenger Out stuff after RVP joined United, but it took a few years after that to get large swathes of the fan base to turn.
Like religion people bought into it and started looking for signs. Hindsight posting ruled.
Your religious devotion to Wenger makes these types of posts even better :p

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I was talking about when Fergie was there lmao, not the bunch of muppets there now. His coaching set up was great from what I read, devolved a lot of the responsibilities to his coaches.

Zaza

One thing is for certain - I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIERRY HENRY AND PATRICK VIEIRA ANYWHERE NEAR THIS TEAM.
Sky sports trying to give Henry some shine. In as much as I want Wenger gone, I have to say I've been disappointed by how some of our ex players have been acting. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but some of these guys are simply bitter they didn't get a job at Arsenal.
Henry's so called "intelligence" is as overrated as they come. He'd be a terrible man manager as well.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Wenger's legacy is intact imo. The moment he leaves, people will only remember him for the good that he did for the club and not the morass he's currently presiding over. I mean, if people were talking mistily about Giroud who's done nothing for us, then imagine the kind of emotion wenger will inspire.

BobP

Memri Fan
Come on, people aren't just following Piers Morgan. They can see the regression on the pitch with their own eyes, they don't need PM's twitter ramblings to influence their thoughts on the manager. I think he started his Wenger Out stuff after RVP joined United, but it took a few years after that to get large swathes of the fan base to turn.

I'm not sure if he realizes the irony in him having:

If you don’t know what introspection is – you need to take a long, hard look at yourself.

As his signature.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I was talking about when Fergie was there lmao, not the bunch of muppets there now. His coaching set up was great from what I read, devolved a lot of the responsibilities to his coaches.
You mean Fergie's coaching setup. You're probably right. Wenger has relied a lot on Primorac, Banfield, Peyton and Bould for some time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Piers has quotes dating back to 2008 where he is slagging off Wenger... He hardly gave them man a shot after we moved to the Emirates.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Henry as a player was far better than Henry as a person outside the game. It will be a disaster to appoint him.
Mourinho is a horrible person by all accounts. Still wins trophies.

Agree with the fact Henry would not be a solution but I think your criteria is off. I don't care if Idi Amin coaches Arsenal as long as we're winning.

The irony of this post having slated someone the other day for an anti-semitic joke

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Mourinho is a horrible person by all accounts. Still wins trophies.

Agree with the fact Henry would not be a solution but I think your criteria is off. I don't care if Idi Amin coaches Arsenal as long as we're winning.

The irony of this post having slated someone the other day for an anti-semitic joke

I am not saying Henry cannot be a great coach but at this point of time and the way our club is functioning it will be too big a task for any new manager and even difficult for someone like Henry who has no experience whatsoever.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol: No, they're not following him. He started off the dissent about Wenger not winning anything, without any context. It then took on a life of it's own.

I'm not going through all the stats again to show he hasn't regressed before this year.

As for what people see on the pitch. ****me. Just read the player threads. Nobody can agree on anything. Even last Sunday's game I didn't see the carnage that Gary Neville saw. And when I looked at all the Opta stats which I posted here, they much more closely matched what I saw than his over the top drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom