• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Was our best player in the first half. Winning the ball back moving us forward. Second half he just looked like he chucked it. Alongside everyone else.

Reactions: A_G

OSBK

Established Member
Its so frustrating that in terms of playstyle he and de bryne are carbon copies of each other but in terms of quality they are leagues apart.

He aint a arsenal player simple as that, I like the player but he is a player who in a liverpool team would flourish but in a arsenal team its the wrong fit.

Crocrodile

Its so frustrating that in terms of playstyle he and de bryne are carbon copies of each other but in terms of quality they are leagues apart.

He aint a arsenal player simple as that, I like the player but he is a player who in a liverpool team would flourish but in a arsenal team its the wrong fit.

They aren't.
Shouldn't be even mentioned in the same sentence.

DeBruyne is the one who looking at his age should play like Ramsey not the other way around. Not to even mention the technical quality.
Or DeBruyne's efficiency or quality movement instead of commando play.

TBH both Wilshere and Ramsey offer nothing special ATM.
As youngsters they were above average for sure, now, load of meh.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Guys like Lampard, Gerrard, Henry and Bellamy always wax lyrical about him while doing punditry.
Bellamy and Henry punditry is like having a blind guy narrate your art gallery. Come on TNN.....

Also, you list like 3 performance. He is a senior player and you can name three top disciplined performances? How bad is this guy that you had to go back almost a year to do that as well.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That's a Liverpool team that's ahead of us in the league and sailing into the quarter finals of the Champions League ?

That would suggest to me the problem isn't Ramsey it is us.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey has only featured in 16 league games this season. He should be offered the same incentive based contract as Wilshere as combined they give us the minutes of one player. This is also a season where he has been playing one game a week.

He is a central midfielder who has a game based on off the ball running.I'd rather have athletic ball winners and creative playmakers in midfield with lightening quick wingers And strikers who can provide the off the ball running.

Impact

Established Member
Ramsey has only featured in 16 league games this season. He should be offered the same incentive based contract as Wilshere as combined they give us the minutes of one player. This is also a season where he has been playing one game a week.

He is a central midfielder who has a game based on off the ball running.I'd rather have athletic ball winners and creative playmakers in midfield with lightening quick wingers And strikers who can provide the off the ball running.

In those 16 games, he has 6 goals and 8 assists. That's fantastic for a midfielder, particularly at a club like ours. No chance you can convince a player playing so well to sign the type of contract you're suggesting.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The difference between a guy like Wilshere accepting a deal like that and a guy like Ramsey accepting a deal like that is the clubs who'll be interested in those players. There's also been some whispers about Ramsey being unhappy with the fitness team at Arsenal anyways.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

In those 16 games, he has 6 goals and 8 assists. That's fantastic for a midfielder, particularly at a club like ours. No chance you can convince a player playing so well to sign the type of contract you're suggesting.

As much as I rate Ramsey, I would get rid of him. Despite his fantastic numbers this season, I agree with @The_Playmaker - 16 PL games out of a possible 27 thus far is a dreadful return for a centre midfielder.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The difference between a guy like Wilshere accepting a deal like that and a guy like Ramsey accepting a deal like that is the clubs who'll be interested in those players. There's also been some whispers about Ramsey being unhappy with the fitness team at Arsenal anyways.

Which top clubs do you think Ramsey gets a starting role?

Needs a VERY particular formation for him to play & be free to pursue his selfish/unbalanced style. Seemingly refuses to play on the RW in a 433, doesn't have the skill to be a #10 in a 4231, DEFINITELY doesn't give us enough cover (or culture) in a central midfield 2, so needs to be b2b (opposition 6 & 18 yard box) fancy free in a midfield triangle with mesut on the wing??! Just please let him go or else play him as 2nd striker in a 442, however nonsensical that sounds....

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I realise that, which is why he should be offered it, so he can refuse it and be sold. I think we can do much better than him in midfield and the goals don't really bother me to be honest. For me Ramsey played his best football when he actually wasn't scoring goals alongside Arteta. He was averaging a massive amount of tackles per game and holding his disciplined position in a two man midfield.

Suddenly, his game is based on output only? As soon as we have possession of the ball he is bombing forward. A post was made in the Xhaka thread highlighting Xhaka's inability to receive the ball off the defence. In each clip Ramsey is out of the picture as he he is occupying Özil's number 10 spot.

I would rather thrust more responsibility upon Özil to score an extra 8 goals and provide more assists, along with Mhiki and sell Ramsey to fund a winger who can bag 20 goals and 10 assists than have to sit through another season of Ramsey in our midfield.

We need technical playmakers who are agile. We don't need one pace off the ball runners who have an arrogance to occupy a number 10 spot, leaving his duties to build play, pushing our actual number 10 to pick the ball up deeper and feed balls into the final third when he should be receiving them there.

I realise that, which is why he should be offered it, so he can refuse it and be sold. I think we can do much better than him in midfield and the goals don't really bother me to be honest. For me Ramsey played his best football when he actually wasn't scoring goals alongside Arteta. He was averaging a massive amount of tackles per game and holding his disciplined position in a two man midfield.

Suddenly, his game is based on output only? As soon as we have possession of the ball he is bombing forward. A post was made in the Xhaka thread highlighting Xhaka's inability to receive the ball off the defence. In each clip Ramsey is out of the picture as he he is occupying Özil's number 10 spot.

I would rather thrust more responsibility upon Özil to score an extra 8 goals and provide more assists, along with Mhiki and sell Ramsey to fund a winger who can bag 20 goals and 10 assists than have to sit through another season of Ramsey in our midfield.

We need technical playmakers who are agile. We don't need one pace off the ball runners who have an arrogance to occupy a number 10 spot, leaving his duties to build play, pushing our actual number 10 to pick the ball up deeper and feed balls into the final third when he should be receiving them there.
Perfectly accurate post Playmaker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom