• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Manchester City Take 2 PL Sky 7 45 1/3/2018

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Was it worth it in the end, leaving Highbury? For what, this? A soulless bowl of a stadium that no-one even wants to go to anymore.

How dare they destroy our history for corporate greed. We had some barren years at Highbury, but at least it was home. And you could actually afford to attend. Look at what we have now. Every year that passes I miss it more and more. It's like a painful divorce that i've never really gotten over. The soul of the club was lost in 2006. Wenger's a legend, but that loss to Barca killed something inside of him, and we've never recovered since, even with all the millions we've spent over the last few years. Something was gone forever since that night in Paris.

This argument is boring. We had to leaveZ We’d still be as **** as we currently are in Highbury. **** and even more broke

Crocrodile

For everything Wenger has done for this club it would minimal for anyone, even his biggest haters to hope that he leaves with EL trophy.

People really need to get grip. Yes the season has been terrible but hoping for us to losing or not winning trophies is not what should bring you to this game or support this team.

It's a definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results ( I 'm Vaas mad ATM ).

What you here suggest is wishful thinking and the stuff of dreams. Wenger has overstayed his welcome and will meet his cruel demise.

At this point I am willing to endure whatever it takes 'til the end of the season. Wenger has been the cause for divide between fans, sperheaded multiple humiliations and to put it bluntly for some, we play visually and tactically idiotic, bland, cowardly and undisciplined football

He's here only for the paycheck.
So are a lot of our players.

**** Arsène Wenger and the cult worshipping him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I meant for him, not Arsenal. He had a chance to go to a club like Ream Madrid with much more money to spend when he was younger.

Staying at Arsenal during the stadium build when other teams were getting oil money and he was getting less and less was a career mistake.

Yeah, for his legacy sake he would have been much better off leaving us in 2006, even the tremendous job he did from 2006-2011 is not respected by a lot of Arsenal fans..

Would have also given him a chance to manage an elite club at least once in his career.

OSBK

Established Member
Was it worth it in the end, leaving Highbury? For what, this? A soulless bowl of a stadium that no-one even wants to go to anymore.

How dare they destroy our history for corporate greed. We had some barren years at Highbury, but at least it was home. And you could actually afford to attend. Look at what we have now. Every year that passes I miss it more and more. It's like a painful divorce that i've never really gotten over. The soul of the club was lost in 2006. Wenger's a legend, but that loss to Barca killed something inside of him, and we've never recovered since, even with all the millions we've spent over the last few years. Something was gone forever since that night in Paris.

Been saying the same for years.

We left highbury for the emirates as big stadiums were the future for arsenal. Turns out that was a big load of crap, it landed us in a huge amount of debt and every good player we have had has jumped ship.

Meanwhile a rich russian flies in and buys a utter shambles of a club and doesnt build a massive stadium but buys players and wins trophies for fun.

We have had this coming for a long time, its not a recent thing and its going to screw us hard.

FinnGooner

Established Member
It was great decision, for him, the club and the fans. It was great for the world. You only see decisions like that once before in the world and that was Jesus.

Lets please. Please not forget everything he has done for the club and the fans as viewers of the sport. Lets be thankful and stop with the hate. He will leave most likely in the summer. People will get their wishes. Lets stop with the hate towards him until then.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Crocrodile

Been saying the same for years.

We left highbury for the emirates as big stadiums were the future for arsenal. Turns out that was a big load of crap, it landed us in a huge amount of debt and every good player we have had has jumped ship.

Meanwhile a rich russian flies in and buys a utter shambles of a club and doesnt build a massive stadium but buys players and wins trophies for fun.

We have had this coming for a long time, its not a recent thing and its going to screw us hard.

We aren't in debt, you muppet. :lol::lol::lol:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Its going to get more ugly from now on, we knew this would happen also if he carried on. We need huge investment 30 points behind the league leaders is quite frankly disgusting!!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
No way could we have predicted Russian and oil money coming into PL when we decided to build the stadium, definitely changed the landscape of football and put us in a much more difficult position.. But it was the right decision at the time, and even with hindsight it's still the right decision.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I really hate seeing Arséne like this. Anyone who enjoys that or can be so aggressive to him either is very young, or something is a bit wrong.

I want him to leave, but this is really unpleasant now.
No one enjoy that he doing that to himself he need to move on or things will get more wlrse

Lakersgooner24

Established Member

Yes it was in order to facilitate our growth as a club. Look at Liverpool and Chelsea trying to get approval for new stadiums, and Sp**s with their new stadium being built. Aside from the invincibles (and various on the pitch accolades, promoting youth, attacking style of play, etc.), overseeing the development of the Emirates will probably be the lasting legacy Wenger leaves behind. If we didn’t, we may have had more short term success, but long term, we would have likely fell behind even further.

At the time, no one could foresee the oil money coming in, nor the outrageous tv deals. We were setting ourselves up to compete with the elite and become a force in Europe at the expense of several years of frugality. Unfortunately external variables entered the picture and, in addition to poor management decisions, contributed to us being in the current state we are in. But it definitely was the right move and the proper vision to propel us into being a self-sustaining superclub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom