• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can somebody tell me why @Makingtrax is a trusted member?

Not even trying to take the piss here, he evades easy questions, manipulates stats to suit his agenda, is the opposite of impartial, tries to take the moral high ground at every moment, often acts condescendingly towards others and straight up contradicts himself to defend his agenda.

You can admire the dedication but is this the kind of behaviour that gets rewarded nowadays? :eek:ops:
Scandalous you and I aren’t trusted members. I carried this forum at times.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If sh1t teams can win FACups how come Sp**s haven't won one for almost 30 years. Wenger's won 7 in that time.

When will it dawn, that your posts are just frustrated random junk lad. :lol:
There's nothing random about Arsenal or Wenger. And I'm right regarding both all the time, and you're wrong all the time, and that's not because I'm particularly shrewd either. You're just blind as a bat. You make me look like Nostradamus.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
he is probably right, we gave a lot.
quality wise we are very far away from them.
Exactly this, watching the game made me painfully aware about how far we're from them. The mistakes that have been made that we reached such a state have been made before the game. The only thing Wenger could've done is to acknowledge how poor we were and play a game of trying to frustrate them but we already know that he doesn't play like that. The next manager we get should have experience of playing as underdogs, I feel that Wenger has been in Arsenal for so long that he's lost touch with how to behave when your team is demonstrably poorer than the opponent.

VancouverCanuck

Not even trying to take the piss here, he evades easy questions, manipulates stats to suit his agenda, is the opposite of impartial, tries to take the moral high ground at every moment, often acts condescendingly towards others and straight up contradicts himself to defend his agenda.

You can admire the dedication but is this the kind of behaviour that gets rewarded nowadays? :eek:ops:
Well. Just look at Arsenal performance on the pitch for the last 5 years and you tell me why Wenger was awarded with a contract renewal.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

There's nothing random about Arsenal or Wenger. And I'm right regarding both all the time, and you're wrong all the time, and that's not because I'm particularly shrewd either. You're just blind as a bat. You make me look like Nostradamus.

It is kind of amazing that every year we argue the same points and every year proven right yet next year the same people will be on their high horse talking like we're mad or anti Arsenal for saying it again. Ever listen to Footballistically Arsenal podcast? Josh Landy on that still wants Wenger to stay, makes my blood boil how intentionally blind people are.

Preacher

Always Crying

Mod, who gave 'Trusted' status to him should do the honourable thing and resign together with Wenger.

P.s. Wenger is still here and Gazidis is still bald.

zhaggy

I honestly cant say if Wenger is a good manager or not anymore.
What i do believe is that regardless if he is or not i dont think he should stay. This club needs an overhaul..a massive one which includes Arsène leaving.
And please, future signings should be men, not boys.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Well, I’m glad people are seeing Wenger for who he is now. A washed up manager.

Used to get slaughtered on these forums for saying the truth. Some very good posters have left because of it too.

Now look

zN8OSBV.gif

I've been vehemently anti-Wenger for about 5 years now (one of the reasons I was banned) and it's just sad that it has come to this for everybody else to see it.

Honestly I can't wait to see the end of this WOB/AKB BS at the end of this season. First time in ages we'll have unity in our support.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Squad cost, net spend, points totals, etc. are all totally irrelevant right now.

You watch Wenger sit on the bench for 90 minutes looking miserable, the squad jog around for 90 minutes looking miserable and it's clear as I've ever seen that nothing can be salvaged with Wenger at the helm anymore.

In recent years we would at least see some kind of reaction from the players in the next game after a beating. I see nothing now.

It's truly a sad note for Wenger to leave on, now that everyone wants him out. That's on the gutless idiots on the board, though, who don't make him account for much. No matter how much Wenger has done for the club, you can't just let him decide his own future.

IslingtonBornandbred

Something that strikes me as odd about Wenger is that he doesn't affect games and moments like the majority of coaches. Literally every opposing manager or coach/coaches tweak things in games from the sideline.

Bould is obviously not empowered to get off his seat on his own accord and give an instruction. Sometimes I've been sitting at the Emirates and something is happening like the opposing midfielders keep getting through the middle of the pitch or the opposing winger keeps targeting one of our defenders. It's allowed to continue time and time again until we concede and there's people in the stands who we're mentioning it 10 minutes previously.

Very frustrating. Don't need to be a clown on the touch line but at least affect the game or identify an issue. The dynamic between Wenger, Bould and the coaching staff on the bench during games strikes me as odd.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

Sign of the times, friends. The world goes one way, people another.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Kroenke should do what he done with LA Rams I know its different sport but when he change things that club is starting to compete again.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

For all his intellectual musings and academic brilliance, Arsène Wenger displays astounding naivete when it comes to the demands of the modern game.

He's deluded beyond measure and snaps at the mere suggestion he can no longer steady the increasingly listless ship that is Arsenal Football Club.

He's the backing of an absentee owner with only money generation in mind and knows he can stall for as much time as he wants.

The fans and the media have no say despite us railing against him.

Were it any other club he wouldn't have survived going into the weekend match but we ceased being a club, least one with dignity, for a good while now.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Something that strikes me as odd about Wenger is that he doesn't affect games and moments like the majority of coaches. Literally every opposing manager or coach/coaches tweak things in games from the sideline.

Bould is obviously not empowered to get off his seat on his own accord and give an instruction. Sometimes I've been sitting at the Emirates and something is happening like the opposing midfielders keep getting through the middle of the pitch or the opposing winger keeps targeting one of our defenders. It's allowed to continue time and time again until we concede and there's people in the stands who we're mentioning it 10 minutes previously.

Very frustrating. Don't need to be a clown on the touch line but at least affect the game or identify an issue. The dynamic between Wenger, Bould and the coaching staff on the bench during games strikes me as odd.
Good point. No matter how hard I try, I couldn't find a single manager who doesn't give touchline instructions to the team. I actually find it funny when they give touchline ban as a punishment for him. As though it's going to matter.

Dammit

Wenger is still a good manager, just not wordclass nor great. He is midtable material now and that's how it is. Arsenal is way over midtable in terms of expectations considering many factors in football, so he is now a weak link. You try to replace weak links in a team, on the pitch and on the touchline as well. Wenger seems like doesn't understand that managers can also decline and he also refuse to believe that he has been declining for several seasons now. He just can't cope with the thought of it, he is trying to fight it and it's getting more and more burden on his shoulders. He's miserable, you can see it in his eyes and hear in his ways, he's trying to hide it everytime during interviews, but not completely. He's past it, and it hurts him and he's trying to show he isn't a past it manager. I'm actually feel sorry for him, because that's how our species work. People with a spin always try to show they're strong, can compete etc. which are great values, but there's a sitation where you just hang it up and rest for the sake for yourself. He still hasn't reached that point, I respect that, he is a way stronger character than most people, he came back from winning nothing for a decade and won some cups in the time of oil clubs. I hugely respect that, but this is also the reason he's still trying, he know he can still win, but the percentage of a good outcome of a season is getting smaller and smaller with each year. I actually think it was a miracle he won those cups with the football environment he's trying to operate in.

From my point of view with a year of rest, he would come back as a fresh person, Arsenal is killing him mentally imo, and could win some cups elsewhere. The man deserves a break, he's crying for it for several years now. As I mentioned, he is still a good manager, just not top material anymore.

That being said, I want him gone, not just for sake of Arsenal, but for the sake of Wenger. I love him, I respect him and I will tell many stories and greats about him to my grand kids. I want him to take some time off from football, even though that's his life and is a big ask, but that's what Wenger needs. Needs to disappear from the public for some time.

If you say any swear words about a statue worthy person of Arsenal football club than you're a disgrace in my eyes, I may also have done than that in the past when I raged because of some results and performances, so I also consider myself a disgrace when I questioned him as a person. I came to this conclusion. We're struggling and maybe I'm too emotional towards this club, but that's how it is for me.

Thanks everything Arséne you are truly remarkable, once in a lifetime manager and an all-time great, but it's time for both parties to end this for the sake of Arsenal and for the sake of your health, which is also just as important, at least for me it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom