• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I really think those who want Wenger sacked, some want him humiliated and speak about him tarnishing the club have absolutely no clue and aren’t true Arsenal people.

These performances today would mean absolutely nothing im five years. What will matter are two things...

1. We sacked Wenger after 20 years of revolution. A change to the English game thanks to a skinny Frenchman. Total dominance in the country on the football pitch followed by the rebuilding of facilities, and becoming one of the richest clubs in the world today.

2. We will have won 4 trophies, yes Europa is coming too, during these hopeless times. Times when we are fooled into thinking we are going nowhere as a club. That we are adrift of the so called top five.

Yes we are in a bad space, but I believe it’s superficial. We are in the realm of super clubs now, with supreme facilities, massive financial muscle and can attract some of the world’s best out there.

Take a step back from these times. Yes they are difficult and really invoke raw negative emotions. But we are in a different league now, and not much change is needed to tap into our true potential now.
Too Sentimental mate, you can respect him for what he has done for club. BUT for the good of the club he needs to go one way or another!!

Gamefaced

I really think those who want Wenger sacked, some want him humiliated and speak about him tarnishing the club have absolutely no clue and aren’t true Arsenal people.

These performances today would mean absolutely nothing im five years. What will matter are two things...

1. We sacked Wenger after 20 years of revolution. A change to the English game thanks to a skinny Frenchman. Total dominance in the country on the football pitch followed by the rebuilding of facilities, and becoming one of the richest clubs in the world today.

2. We will have won 4 trophies, yes Europa is coming too, during these hopeless times. Times when we are fooled into thinking we are going nowhere as a club. That we are adrift of the so called top five.

Yes we are in a bad space, but I believe it’s superficial. We are in the realm of super clubs now, with supreme facilities, massive financial muscle and can attract some of the world’s best out there.

Take a step back from these times. Yes they are difficult and really invoke raw negative emotions. But we are in a different league now, and not much change is needed to tap into our true potential now.
Yeah I want him sacked! and I'm a true Arsenal fan from before the Wenger days. People who still want him here are not true fans to me! A manager is meant to progress the club forward not backwards.Wenger is not doing his job and has been given ample chances to get it right.

Wenger has been at Arsenal for 20 years, the club has been around over a 1oo years. Lets just act like the club didn't win a championship 7 years before he came and he's gone 14 years without winning the title.
Not that not winning the title for so long is my main motive for wanting him sacked. The fact is as a football fan the manager is not progressing my club forward, the team is weak physically and mentally. The team is tactically inept and doesn't learn from it's mistakes. The style of play is too predictable for opponents. Players no longer progress at the club and seem to get worse. The environment at the club seems to soft from the top down and no one seems to care about consequences. The squad is the worst it has been in Wenger's tenure despite him being given millions to spend. Players keep refusing to sign new contracts with the club. The fan base is more divided than ever and it's generating a negative atmosphere. The club cares more about money than the football and Wenger facillitates this.

The health of the club is deteriorating and a big reason for that is Wenger and his continued poor management and judgement. A real fan of the club would see this and want the appropriate action taken screw sentiment, I care more about the club than the man. Wenger can do one immediately!

Seriously.... have some self respect mate.

Wenger will DEFINITELY wait to be sacked so he gets the massive payout. He resigns, he misses out. He's tighter & more cynical than you imagine. The club might stupidly keep him on so they don't lose so much cash, effectively paying for 2 managers next yr! What an ugly disaster....

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Wenger will DEFINITELY wait to be sacked so he gets the massive payout. He resigns, he misses out. He's tighter & more cynical than you imagine. The club might stupidly keep him on so they don't lose so much cash, effectively paying for 2 managers next yr! What an ugly disaster....

Pure speculation from a guy without any kind of inside information. Sure, you are entitled to hate our manager but try to keep in mind that it wasnt Arsène Wenger who extended the contract. Seriously, it would be nice if the fans turn their attention to Stan Kroenke because he is our biggest problem, not Wenger. You might say that the manager is a symptom while Kroenke is the disease. But i guess our fans is unable to realise this.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

"We are in the realm of super clubs now, with supreme facilities, massive financial muscle and can attract some of the world’s best out there."

We just lost 2-1 to Brighton, a team that have just gained promotion, a team that have failed to beat any top 6 team this season, until now. We are on our worse run of games under Wenger, we have won the least away games in over 30 years. We have lost to Watford and many other teams and none of it has anything to do with billionaires owning PL clubs like City.

I want Wenger sacked because he is failing at his job, if he's not sensible enough to step down then the sack is what he deserves. I dont want him humiliated but if he digs in and stays on he would be bringing it on himself.

What we have been going through for many years now is far from superficial. We have progressively weakened and our PL position shows that. This will be the 2nd year running that we finish outside the top 4. We need to win all our remaining games to finish with 3 points less than last season, and last season was our worst finish under Wenger.

Just Do It

If Arsène had one ounce of respect or loyalty for Arsenal , he would walk away without a payoff, we've rewarded his failure with contract after contract simply because of his "legacy", times up old man, you've worn out any goodwill you had, do the right thing and you may actually regain some respect.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The way people are holding it against Wenger that he isn’t just falling on his sword is ridiculous.

We are talking about elite sport here. He will back himself and accepts he is in a sport where you don’t perform to get fired. You don’t get the ups of super competitive characters without the downs as well. Can’t have it both ways

This situation is 100% on Kroenke.

Reactions: A_G

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
If Arséne had one ounce of respect or loyalty for Arsenal , he would walk away without a payoff, we've rewarded his failure with contract after contract simply because of his "legacy", times up old man, you've worn out any goodwill you had, do the right thing and you may actually regain some respect.

Its not Arsène Wengers fault that he has been offered new contracts. Its of course his fault that he hasnt refused to extend his stay at Arsenal but Wenger is not the kind of guy that will leave willingly, he doesnt work that way.

Pure speculation from a guy without any kind of inside information. Sure, you are entitled to hate our manager but try to keep in mind that it wasnt Arséne Wenger who extended the contract. Seriously, it would be nice if the fans turn their attention to Stan Kroenke because he is our biggest problem, not Wenger. You might say that the manager is a symptom while Kroenke is the disease. But i guess our fans is unable to realise this.
Haha, you're so delicate huh?! No, I will focus right in on wenger thanks. He's more than the symptom. Imo, you need some more passion.

Polar Bear

Ok so I just watched Wengers post match presser and honestly the guy is determined as ever and can't wait to get stuck in and is looking forward to the next games so much. He is so stubborn and he has zero desire to leave or retire.

They are gonna have to sack him, honestly this is the bottom line.. they have to sack him. Failure to do so will result in him staying because he will die before he walks, he is so stubborn and arrogant and his ego is through the roof. SACK OR HE STAYS.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Stan Kroenke decided to extend Arséne Wengers contract last summer after a ****ty season. Its very simple, kid.
And Wenger accepted the new contract knowing well how much the fans didn‘t want him to stay and knowing that he doesn‘t deserve it.

You can **** on both, you know. I can‘t seperate Kroenke and Wenger, they enable each other and they are together destroying this club.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
4 losses in a row, 5 losses in 6 games, 5 losses in our last 7. No idea where our next win will come because we don't look capable of beating anyone right now.

I get the sentimentality of wanting Wenger to ride away on a white horse but the club should always come first, not the old man's feelings. If the club would be in a better position going forward by sacking him now rather than this or next Summer, then it should 100% happen regardless of everything else.

The question is, would we be in a better position. Could we get someone legitimate in soon to replace him, or would Bould be a better option for the next few months. It would be great to tie down our next manager going forward ASAP, but that's probably not realistic. You'd basically need a manager without a club right now, or if you're a silly bastard you might want Henry or Arteta.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
And Wenger accepted the new contract knowing well how much the fans didn‘t want him to stay and knowing that he doesn‘t deserve it.

You can **** on both, you know. I can‘t seperate Kroenke and Wenger, they enable each other and they are together destroying this club.

Wenger is a problem but he is not our biggest problem, thats my point. But it didnt surprise me that he stayed. His self belief and stubbornness is not easy to break so to speak.

FreakySami

Yeah I want him sacked! and I'm a true Arsenal fan from before the Wenger days. People who still want him here are not true fans to me! A manager is meant to progress the club forward not backwards.Wenger is not doing his job and has been given ample chances to get it right.

Wenger has been at Arsenal for 20 years, the club has been around over a 1oo years. Lets just act like the club didn't win a championship 7 years before he came and he's gone 14 years without winning the title.
Not that not winning the title for so long is my main motive for wanting him sacked. The fact is as a football fan the manager is not progressing my club forward, the team is weak physically and mentally. The team is tactically inept and doesn't learn from it's mistakes. The style of play is too predictable for opponents. Players no longer progress at the club and seem to get worse. The environment at the club seems to soft from the top down and no one seems to care about consequences. The squad is the worst it has been in Wenger's tenure despite him being given millions to spend. Players keep refusing to sign new contracts with the club. The fan base is more divided than ever and it's generating a negative atmosphere. The club cares more about money than the football and Wenger facillitates this.

The health of the club is deteriorating and a big reason for that is Wenger and his continued poor management and judgement. A real fan of the club would see this and want the appropriate action taken screw sentiment, I care more about the club than the man. Wenger can do one immediately!

There are 7 people to blame before wenger. Unfortunately a manager is always the first in line but soon enough you'll see. I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think this club has any chance this year. No chance at all. To many changes in the backroom staff, to many changes in the playing staff. No stability. Chanting 1/3 of the term mid season. You can thank gazidis and the board and the new recruitment for that.
I'm 100% sure next year will be better with our without wenger because we would have had stability in our preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom