• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Philippe Auclaire is 99.9% convinced Wenger is leaving after this season.

I say we take a punt at Garry Neville.

TriniGunner

Van Gaal? Can’t be serious. Barely managed 4th with a team that only had the league to play for. Proceeded to then get knocked out of the group stages in the CL, lost in the last 16 of the EL and finished 5th in the league.

Rashford aside who did he help bring through?

Lindgard.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Spot on sir. Who would u plump for?

Ah, good question. I'd probably say Conte if Arsenal were willing to make the transfer commitments necessary. He would certainly need to remake the back line and would want a defensive midfielder (things that should be done anyway). I realize there are mixed opinions on Carlo, but he has the stature and experience to be the guy who succeeds Wenger and not be overwhelmed by the task. Probably the safest choice. The most readily available too. I admit to a bias toward Carlo because AC Milan is my 2nd favorite team and I loved watching the teams he managed there (if only he could find a Maldini, a Nesta and a Gattuso for Arsenal). The other guy, for me, would be Jardim. He would be the guy I could see as a long-term fit, although maybe in today's reality finding somebody who might be in charge even half as long as an Arsène Wenger or an Alex Ferguson isn't so realistic. But I think he would be a good fit for the talent that's already on hand and would give the young guys an opportunity as well.

nick gould

I do have a hunch though that Josh Kroenke came into London because he cares about the success so if that is the case I'd say Josh will have a say in things & get him gone.
Maybe he came because he didn’t get his usual bonus due to us missing out on a champions league spot. It’s begging to hurt the shareholders now. Let them feel it.

Maybe Wenger should declare that he is tired and needs a break from football. Go away for 2 years or so and come back.

Wilshere1010

Maybe he came because he didn’t get his usual bonus due to us missing out on a champions league spot. It’s begging to hurt the shareholders now. Let them feel it.

Maybe Wenger should declare that he is tired and needs a break from football. Go away for 2 years or so and come back.
Can't see him doing that. Every source you hear says football is his whole life these days.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Our transfer budget and our defensive organisation are completely exclusive of each other. Kroenke didn't destroy Wenger - football has just passed Arséne by. It happens to most, except the absolute greats.
Our transfer budget and our defensive organisation are completely exclusive of each other. Kroenke didn't destroy Wenger - football has just passed Arséne by. It happens to most, except the absolute greats.

I agreed that Wenger is past it, but Kroenke is the main reason why we are not capable of competing for the competitions and with the big clubs in Europe, would like to see what Wenger can do if he spends over 450 million at Arsenal within 2 years,its just not fair to even compare that situation just look at City what Guardiola did spend over 2 years. just think its not fair to blame Wenger for all of this, ofcourse management is another thing but from top to bottem there is something wrong.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I agreed that Wenger is past it, but Kroenke is the main reason why we are not capable of competing for the competitions and with the big clubs in Europe, would like to see what Wenger can do if he spends over 450 million at Arsenal within 2 years,its just not fair to even compare that situation just look at City what Guardiola did spend over 2 years. just think its not fair to blame Wenger for all of this, ofcourse management is another thing but from top to bottem there is something wrong.
It is easy to say money as the reason for Pep's success. But did you even watch their game? Even with good players, you cannot play superfast passes like that without proper drilling. I don't think Wenger is capable of instilling such discipline. Attaching sentimentally to players, not dropping them/selling them in spite of consistently laughable performances, not being pro-active during a match, not being reactive after a match- These are his short comings. Money is not going to fix this.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
is it possible to sack him without a severance package if it's mathematically impossible to make CL (out of EL + way down in the league table)? provided of course that the clowns may have had the sense to insert some clever wording to his contract.

or he could just do the right thing and do us one last favor (no, not another extension!!!)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
It is easy to say money as the reason for Pep's success. But did you even watch their game? Even with good players, you cannot play superfast passes like that without proper drilling. I don't think Wenger is capable of instilling such discipline. Attaching sentimentally to players, not dropping them/selling them in spite of consistently laughable performances, not being pro-active during a match, not being reactive after a match- These are his short comings. Money is not going to fix this.

Pep would have been our best replacement for Wenger.have always been voting for this.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Out of everyone who is being listed I think it's Jardim who makes the most sense and would be the best option. I would kill for Simeone or Allegri but I just don't see the appeal for them to join us unless thet want a major challenge.

Anyone with brains I know most of us do. If we could take any manager not in the Bpl. We are taking simeone. Athletico hard to break down always challenging and aside from a few not many sexy names. Remind of us anyone? We have a good squad I think it wenger tactics. Chambers kos and Cech are finished here. Iwobi is a world beater for Nigeria. So something is defonwrong there. Mustafi u don’t get taken to a World Cup if u ain’t good no lie. Low isn’t stupid. Maybe him to get the best out of Özil and mustafi. Who knows I’m venting ha

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

What do you think Arsenal needs to do differently in its defensive organization? What is it that Wenger, himself, is doing wrong in this area? I keep hearing people say that the game has passed Wenger by and all that. But what's different about organizing a defense in 2018 than in 2008? Is it possible that Wenger has forgotten all the things he has known about the game? Somehow I doubt it. Or might it be that the players Arsenal has in these positions simply aren't as good as the players they used to have? Maybe they have players who are more mistake-prone and don't quite have the mental toughness required.

Of course Arsène Wenger shares at least part of the blame for this. I think it's fair to criticize his loyalty -- to the point of stubbornness -- to young players who just weren't working out. Maybe sometimes he tries to fit a square peg into a round hole. It's also possible that things might just have finally gone stale for him (just as they did for Carlo Ancelotti at Milan in 2009). But "the game has passed him by" is just something that people say and I'm not sure exactly what it's even supposed to mean. I'm pretty sure he still knows the game inside out in a way that none of us ever could.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
What do you think Arsenal needs to do differently in its defensive organization? What is it that Wenger, himself, is doing wrong in this area? I keep hearing people say that the game has passed Wenger by and all that. But what's different about organizing a defense in 2018 than in 2008? Is it possible that Wenger has forgotten all the things he has known about the game? Somehow I doubt it. Or might it be that the players Arsenal has in these positions simply aren't as good as the players they used to have? Maybe they have players who are more mistake-prone and don't quite have the mental toughness required.

Of course Arséne Wenger shares at least part of the blame for this. I think it's fair to criticize his loyalty -- to the point of stubbornness -- to young players who just weren't working out. Maybe sometimes he tries to fit a square peg into a round hole. It's also possible that things might just have finally gone stale for him (just as they did for Carlo Ancelotti at Milan in 2009). But "the game has passed him by" is just something that people say and I'm not sure exactly what it's even supposed to mean. I'm pretty sure he still knows the game inside out in a way that none of us ever could.
We don't have the personnel to play the way Wenger wants us to play. Either we change all the players or we bring in a manager who'll be able to implement a more conservative style. I agree with you when you say that Wenger hasn't suddenly gone to pieces, its not a coincidence that our drop in form occurs in a year which has seen such a lot of upheaval in the first team. If we give him 2 more years then I'm sure he'll get us back playing competitive football, but who would you rather give 2 years to, an aging manager at the end of his managing career or a new manager that can build a team for a longer term. Don't think that the game has passed him by, but Arsenal certainly needs to pass him by.

sil007

Of course Arséne Wenger shares at least part of the blame for this. I think it's fair to criticize his loyalty -- to the point of stubbornness -- to young players who just weren't working out. Maybe sometimes he tries to fit a square peg into a round hole. It's also possible that things might just have finally gone stale for him (just as they did for Carlo Ancelotti at Milan in 2009). But "the game has passed him by" is just something that people say and I'm not sure exactly what it's even supposed to mean. I'm pretty sure he still knows the game inside out in a way that none of us ever could.

The overall performance of human being will decline with age.

I am sure you have granpa and granma . You will notice the difference between 20 years ago and now.

life nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom