• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2017-18

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How you gonna criticise us for wanting him back, then admit to basically being clueless about his development?

He came on leaps and bounds during his loan spell at Roma and that’s no exaggeration. The fact we sold him for so little is a moot point too, we hardly ever get top dollar for our players.
Hardly anybody cared when we sold him. It was more 'good riddance' than anything else if I remember correctly.

sammy89

That takes major heart to stay in the game despite being outplayed and robbed of a penalty in the first half. That next level mentality is what Arsenal need, but for that we'll have to change our whole hiring policy. Wenger rarely has a Chiellini type player at the top of his transfer list and that's the problem. Our next manager needs to make some unglamorous but effective signings to bring the right mentality in the team and the fans will have to support him as he does so. Sorry but the likes of Özil and Mkhitariyan are just crowd pleasing signings, but they are just not the type of guys you want in your corner on a night like this

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hardly anybody cared when we sold him. It was more 'good riddance' than anything else if I remember correctly.

I can't speak for everyone but I was livid. It wasn't even one of those things you come to regret in hindsight, at the time I knew it was a terrible decision and in hindsight we'll realise that even more. Good goalies are hard to find.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I can't speak for everyone but I was livid. It wasn't even one of those things you come to regret in hindsight, at the time I knew it was a terrible decision and in hindsight we'll realise that even more. Good goalies are hard to find.
I just checked his old thread. Some were angry about the him eventually going for 15m Euro, but not much was said about his ability. It was all 'that's peanuts in this market'. He was in the last year of his contract. I'm sure Wenger is gutted in hindsight. Tried to make an example of him for being a bit of a knob and it backfired pretty badly.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
That takes major heart to stay in the game despite being outplayed and robbed of a penalty in the first half. That next level mentality is what Arsenal need, but for that we'll have to change our whole hiring policy. Wenger rarely has a Chiellini type player at the top of his transfer list and that's the problem. Our next manager needs to make some unglamorous but effective signings to bring the right mentality in the team and the fans will have to support him as he does so. Sorry but the likes of Özil and Mkhitariyan are just crowd pleasing signings, but they are just not the type of guys you want in your corner on a night like this
Chiellini is your old fashioned no nonsense defender. None of that playing out of the back bullshit and about doing the only job he’s got - not let the ball into the goal. Chiellini is nowhere near technically as good as Pique or as athletic as Varane but he is all about getting the job done.

This is why I want someone like Simeone or Conte at Arsenal (Allegri would be great too). Someone who can turn out current defenders into no nonsense defenders who are defenders first and foremost and then have additional attributes.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I just checked his old thread. Some were angry about the him eventually going for 15m Euro, but not much was said about his ability. It was all 'that's peanuts in this market'. He was in the last year of his contract. I'm sure Wenger is gutted in hindsight. Tried to make an example of him for being a bit of a knob and it backfired pretty badly.

I was baffled you didn't bring him back after his incredibly successful loan spell. Cech was clearly on the slide and has gotten even worse.

Didn't think much of it when you sent him out on loan but he was legitimately awesome for Roma, yet Wenger somehow thought geriacech was a better option.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Some day, English football media will realise there is more to the game than energy and appearing to be dangerous.

A weakened Juve side did a tactical job on Sp**s with nothing more than some elite level experience and two predatory attackers. Sp**s were very lucky with the penalty also. All in all, a fairly comfortable evening for Juventus.

pacstud

Finally got to watch the second half.

Joy to behold.

Spuds are diving wankers and that was a colossal choke despite the best efforts of the media to paint it otherwise.

Gratz to Juve.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Today is a good day:drool:

Also my respect for Reiss has risen few levels:lol: Shame that he deleted it very quickly.

DXtUvdcW0AkHzij.jpg

Thats actually a bit stupid from Nelson.

Polar Bear

My God I would be over the moon with Chiellini at Arsenal, he would be amazing for us. Chiellni is what you call a real man, he is a f***ing warrior and a hideous and disgusting individual and thats exactly what we need. The guy is a world class defender and he reads the game so well. Also is very naughty with scratching down the neck and elbows into the throat of strikers, I love him.. and he is the exact type we need.

Arsenal fans are too obsessed with all this skill bullshit, its a load of nonsense. We need real men who read the game properly, especially in the defence.

The amount of times Chellini dominated England and our strikers couldn't get a inch out of him. The guy is what you call a real man. I know our senile Wenger would rather buy a 17 year old winger instead of real men like Chellini.. but anyhoo I would pay 500 Billion for him and feel like I got a huge bargain. We would go far with people like him

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really bad decision to let Sczesney go should've made him N.1 keeper but I'm glad he enjoying his time at Juve

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We need him so badly.

Read some article that getting in a defensive manager to instill that mentality into the team is the first step for a team like ours. After that you could return to an attacking manager and combine his attacking tactics with the defensive instincts the team has honed over time.

What's to stop him from doing both? He could focus on setting up the defensive blueprint whilst hiring one of our old boys with a knack for exceptional play in the final third.

The most crucial thing though would be building from the back. What I'd give for a back five like the one Graham built :(

Latest posts+

Top Bottom