• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

If they go for Low I get the impression he will be repubiling the team for one of Arteta/Henry in a couple of years time

I like low, and am not against it, but he has been working with the best midfield, best goalkeeper and probably the best cbs in recent years.
I don’t know how much he focuses on actually coaching players

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Löw to Arsenal gaining momentum, devastated about this

Hopefully he's the honorable sort like Wenger & willing to see out his contract with the German FA.

Would certainly give us ample time to butter up Allegri & find a way to convince him to bring Dybala, Chiellini & Szczesny along for the ride.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

If the Arsenal manager were black and doing badly, would it be ok to abuse him based on his ethnicity? I'd imagine people would rightly be outraged and call for that person to be banned. Why is it different to abuse Wenger based on his age?

All being well, people will become Wenger's age.

People will not magically change skin complexion.

There is a difference, to be fair. As someone who has witnessed severe dementia first hand, comments like that don't bother me because I understand it is just exaggeration for effect. Then again, I realise people have a different level of tolerance for these things.

GDeep™

League is very weak
While I agree that some of the abuse hurled towards Wenger is disgraceful, people like you need to stop acting like Wenger is some kind of deity.

People have the free speech right to use whatever language they like to criticise Wenger. Wanting users to be banned and posts to be censored would be a joke. This ain’t blasphemy and people need to learn to ignore words.
Nothing wrong criticising him, I have been doing it all season, but insults related to his age, illness, mental decline etc are too below the belt, it’s shocking stuff.

Some of you are ****.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Definitely need to come down harder on this sort of thing. I like the way the forum is run generally, despite what I might say now and again, and the open feel of it is definitely an upgrade on the old days of the lobby. But, at the moment, due to several individuals, it's in danger of becoming twitter like and **** knows, we don't want that. Fairly sure warnings have been given out but saying Wenger has dementia and comparing him to Mugabe etc is automatic bans. Warnings clearly aren't sufficient as said individuals clearly stand by what they say.

Mods don’t care. I won’t be posting on here again. I’m not here to read a Wenger thread where people continuously call him senile and have debates about potential dementia.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Nothing wrong criticising him, I have been doing it all season, but insults related to his age, illness, mental decline etc are too below the belt, it’s shocking stuff.

Some of you are ****.

I don't post here as often anymore partly because I am so sick and tired of lack of decency and the drivel being written by some here. This garbage about Wenger compared to Mugabe or senile is simply beyond the pale. That also reflects poorly on those who write that. Absolute scumbags.
That is one thing to criticize the man for his football related decisions and that is totally fair game but the ageism and illness stuff is out of line and no different than racism or sexism as far as I am concerned.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If the Arsenal manager were black and doing badly, would it be ok to abuse him based on his ethnicity? I'd imagine people would rightly be outraged and call for that person to be banned. Why is it different to abuse Wenger based on his age?

Because age has an actual impact on his lack of performance and is a legit griviance

CanadianGooner1608

Adding my little grain of salt as a forum noob.

Being behind a keyboard should not grant you automatic right to being disrespectful.
As a rule of thumb, I would not want anyone to type to me something that would warrant a punch in the face from me if we were face to face.

Nothing wrong in expressing frustration, but I know a thing or two about Mugabe. I don't care if it's exageration for effect, that guy was the worst kind of ****. Wenger certainly doesn't deserve the parallel.

That being said, I'm fairly certain nobody here called Wenger "Mugabe" and "senile" to offend anyone on purpose. Just a very poor comparison, born from frustration.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
While I agree that some of the abuse hurled towards Wenger is disgraceful, people like you need to stop acting like Wenger is some kind of deity.

People have the free speech right to use whatever language they like to criticise Wenger. Wanting users to be banned and posts to be censored would be a joke. This ain’t blasphemy and people need to learn to ignore words.

Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence.

This is also a privately run website, there is no censorship. People who run it can do and impose the conduct they deem appropriate

sil007

If you had any grasp of just how insulting and tasteless this is, you wouldn't be so gleeful about it.

typical comment from someone who only read the last without reading the full conversation.
nosy. meddlesome.
never willing to insult anyone , unless that person start first

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
typical comment from someone who only read the last without reading the full conversation.
nosy. meddlesome.
never willing to insult anyone , unless that person start first

neti-deal.gif

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Because age has an actual impact on his lack of performance and is a legit griviance
Firstly, there is no such thing as 'griviance'
Secondly, how does age impact his performance exactly. What bit about getting older disqulaifies someone from being able to manage an EPL team. Really, I'd like to know.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
mod edit: stop with the name calling , don't like this place always other forums .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom