• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Quarter Final Draw

Who do you want to draw?

• Atletico Madrid (Spain)

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • CSKA Moscow (Russia)

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Lazio (Italy)

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Marseille (France)

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • RB Leipzig (Germany)

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • RB Salzburg (Austria)

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)

Votes: 23 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think you're being ignorant. Cologne fans tore our stadium apart and stadium staff and security couldn't handle them can you image what angry Russians would do?
Hopefully Arsenal staff will have learned lessons and will beef up security for the home tie.

Heck, a Marseille fan stabbed a security guard in the neck in Bilbao yesterday. Hooliganism is real.

What? I was referring to the away leg, not the home leg.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Hahahahahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The downside : We'll become more toxic by association now.

The upside : Kroenke decides a club in a country embroiled in an international incident is not conducive to generating revenue & keeping a low profile prompting him to sell.

Verdict :

michael-scott-win-win-win.jpg

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Well it is dangerous, especially for foreigners and whose skin is of the different color.

That's fearmongering. If you go to Russia and act obnoxiously in public then yeah it'll be dangerous, but otherwise it's perfectly fine. It's certainly not a paradise for minorities, but funnily enough there are minorities who live in Russia and travel there frequently.

People who know next to nothing about Russia make assumptions on how dangerous it is and then act like they're hard for going on a trip there. I've been to Russia several times, I've lived there, it's not the big scary monster that people picture in their heads.

carlito'sway

Established Member
That's fearmongering. If you go to Russia and act obnoxiously in public then yeah it'll be dangerous, but otherwise it's perfectly fine. It's certainly not a paradise for minorities, but funnily enough there are minorities who live in Russia and travel there frequently.

People who know next to nothing about Russia make assumptions on how dangerous it is and then act like they're hard for going on a trip there. I've been to Russia several times, I've lived there, it's not the big scary monster that people picture in their heads.

Of course it is easy to travel there and it is not a big scary monster of a place, but don't downplay either that hooliganism is reality there. Don't be surprised if some knuckleheads there will be happy to crack some Arsenal fans skulls in the process, specially in that current climate. Won't even mention the strong undercurrent of racism and xenophobia there.

Sanis

I am from Lithuania and I've been many times in Russia, I was born when we were still in Soviet union, so I know their mentality very well. Believe me, this country is not safe for foreigners, especially in the context of current political situation.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if we are at war with Russia by the time the tie is due to be played, will we win by default? assuming that is the Emirates is still standing

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
On the pitch it's an easy tie I meant dangerous for fans and security.

If we turn up we could beat them away without much problems too.
The fans need to stay calm outside the stadium don't do stupid stuff and everything well be fine.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It's safe enough to travel there for a few days to go see a football match and then come back again. If you act stupidly in public, if you talk about politics clumsily or if you go to the outskirts of the city, then sure you could find yourself in trouble. But when anyone travels anywhere they have a responsibility to acknowledge their surroundings and behave accordingly. If you're just a sensible football fan minding your own business you'll be fine. This over-dramatised fear of Russia is of no use to anyone.

Also regarding the hooligans. That's a massive issue and I can't predict what'll happen, but my guess is that if a hooligan attacked you they'd end up worse off in the end. The police have been given orders to ensure the upcoming World Cup is a success, any Russians making trouble will be in big trouble themselves.

Fwiw i'm heading back to live in Russia again this summer. Aye it's not Denmark, but at the same time it's not Syria. Anyway, the point is that if an Arsenal fan wants to go to the match in Moscow and has the money to do so, then there's no reason why they shouldn't.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
On another note, I remember years ago wanting Akinfeev at Arsenal back when he was a Fifa wonderkid. It'll be good to come up against him once more now he's like 76 and yet to keep a clean sheet since his 40's.

Newchange

CSKA will be a tough tie. Keeping a clean sheet is the most important thing. Going to Russia needing a result wont be easy knowing hostile the atmosphere in the stadium. 2-0 home

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Also I really hope Aleksandr Golovin plays at the Emirates. Hopefully he'll pull off a good audition and we'll sign him up.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I know the current political climate is not healthy and all that, but lets be real here. Our supporters would be just as much in danger travelling to Marseille or Roma. Have you seen their hardcore support? I’d rather be poisioned than get a knife in the gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom