• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
He's got a point though. Mertsacker, Rosicky, Cazorla all had their contracts extended on the same terms AFAIK despite the club knowing that they'd barely play. Why the differing stance to Jack?
Mertsacker Was part of the CB`s pairing of the season.
Seriously the over rating on Wilshere is intense around here

MaraDon

Keeping Jack on his current £85k a week isn't going to bankrupt the club, asking him to take a pay cut and not Welbeck or Ramsey who have terrible injury records as well is a slap in the face.
Why is Ramsey on the same bag as Welbeck and Wilshere.
WTF is going on here?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He's got a point though. Mertsacker, Rosicky, Cazorla all had their contracts extended on the same terms AFAIK despite the club knowing that they'd barely play. Why the differing stance to Jack?
Thats not even the main example! What about Theo ****ing Walcott!!! The club bent over for him & gave him the world.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
**** me, the man that ended our trophy drought is living in cardboard box compared to some of our other better rewarded eunuchs. Wow.

I love Wilshere. So many say "Elneny should start" but Elneny is maybe solid player and does the basics and is very boring. But with Wilshere you know he will always try a moment of magic.

Football should be all about players like Wilshere. I think the most beautiful team goals in football has come because of him. That goal against Norwich. Barcelona prime with all their best players Messi, Xavi, Iniesta could only dream of creating such a beauty like that was.

The Norwich goal and Wilshere is why you keep coming back to this slightly boring sport.

MaraDon

his workmate and availability decreases tremendously after 60 minutes.
he starts to hide from the ball.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

**** me, the man that ended our trophy drought is living in cardboard box compared to some of our other better rewarded eunuchs. Wow.
Yeah Ramsey is the only dynamic midfielder we have , also one of the drivers of the team . Guy never quits , no matter how badly we are getting whooped , fans getting on his back , bloke just keeps going. Should be Captain if he stays .

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Not even close.
In the last 3 season Ramsey had sporadic injuries, i dont know the exact data but im positive that is much better for Ramsey.
Ramsey has been unavailable for 42 matches through injury in the last 3 seasons, Wilshere 49 (not counting the other 5 he missed while on loan at Bournemouth); hardly a big enough difference to say that one should take a pay cut and not the other.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Ramsey has been unavailable for 42 matches through injury in the last 3 seasons, Wilshere 49 (not counting the other 5 he missed while on loan at Bournemouth); hardly a big enough difference to say that one should take a pay cut and not the other.
In the last 5 seasons Ramsey has played 8900 minutes in the league, Wilshere - 3700 minutes.

Fallout

our club's stance on wilshere is baffling to me. if we're so worried about his fitness, then the offer should have been an increase in wage but short-term and with automatic extensions based on his availability. asking him to downgrade his base salary is insulting, based not only on how we've treated former players (e.g. diaby, rosicky) but also based on market value. wilshere has rightfully established himself to be a starter in our midfield and should be earning 100k.

blaze_of_glory

Everyone and their dog on here agreed that we should be offering Jack a performance/appearance-based contract. Why is everyone now pretending he's being treated unfairly? This is the first season in years he's actually been able to play for any length of time.

Ramsey? He's still on the previous round of contracts, that's why. Im sure he'll be offered a lot more this time.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think the paycut is fair considering it has (allegedly) some generous incentives and bonuses that are attainable if he remains fit. Otherwise, we'll be back to shelling out big money for nothing if he gets injured again, which we have plenty of reason to believe could happen.

Ramsey has accomplished more in his time here, both trophy and end product-wise. It's fair to give him one of the best contracts on the team, and I hope he accepts it.

I just dont think anyone want to make a deal with paycut. Specially because the profits of the club has gone up since last time he made contract.

Players should ask for payrise when the profits goes up at companies. Everyone should do.

blaze_of_glory

The contract is apparently structured so he can earn a lot more than what he is currently on if he actually plays. Normally I'm against performance-based BS for workers, but when there is a still base salary of more per week than most people earn in a year it's hard to feel that bad for someone who has a history of not actually being able to work.

This isn't some poor carpenter with arthritis we're talking about ffs :lol:

The contract is apparently structured so he can earn a lot more than what he is currently on if he actually plays.

It would be weird and frankly disgusting otherwise. But as a worker you always want the sure thing I guess?

Just pay him what he would agree on. He deserve it. He is local and has done nothing but bleed for the badge.

Also I never understand the thing with injuries and contracts connection. Nobody not the player asking for contract want the contractor to
predict about the injuries situation. It just weak overall tactic when making deal. Specially when you are looking at the context between footballers and contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom