• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Mourinho in full self-destruction mode again.

He will last the season, but would be surprised if he doesn't get sacked sometime next season.

M18CTID

I'm watching Mourinho's press conference - today, 16th - he's really losing the plot. He's reading out a comprehensive list of Man U's Champions League failures for the past six years, as if it somehow excuses his performance against Sevilla. Now he's going on about United's league position for the past seven years - it's simply a lot of desperate, self-justifying rambling. I can't imagine any other manager doing this. It's really coming across badly. Jose, the journalists didn't want a history lesson, they just wanted to know why your team were so bad against Sevilla.

What’s so amusing about him citing United’s previous failures in Europe prior to his appointment is that when he first got the job he said he would never do such a thing:

July 2016-

I have never been very good at hiding behind words and philosophies. And I have never tried to do that. I have always been aggressive in my approach, regardless of the risks that come with it.

"It would be easy and pragmatic to point at the last three years. But I am not good at that aspect. I want to be more aggressive, we want to win titles.

"I have to prove things to myself, not to others. That's my nature. I would never be able to work without success. I always ask things of myself and of others, that’s in my nature.

"I could be defensive and point at our results in the past three years, but I cannot do that.

"When people have had a certain menu for years, you must improve the menu if you want to change it. Success has been normal at Man United. We want to forget about the last three years. The players must not think about doing better and finishing fourth, that is not the aim."

http://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/jose-mourinho-insists-he-wont-use-poor-manche/293255

March 2018-

"I say to the fans that the fans are the fans and have the right to their opinions and reactions but there is something that I used to call football heritage. I don’t know if, I try to translate from my Portuguese, which is almost perfect, to my English, which is far from perfect, football heritage."

"And what a manager inherits is something like the last time Manchester United won the Champions League which didn’t happen a lot of times, was in 2008. Since 2011, 2012, out in the group phase, the group was almost the same group we had this season, Benfica, Basel and Galati from Romania."

"Out in the group phase in 2013 out at Old Trafford in the last 16, I was on the other bench. In 2014, out in the Quarter Final. In 2015, no European football. In 2016, comes back to European football, out in the group phase, goes to Europa League and on the second knockout out of the Europa League. In 2017, play Europa League, win Europa League with me and goes back to CL."

"In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18 and loses at home in the last 16. So in seven years with four diff managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter final, this is football heritage and if you want to go to the PL, the last victory was 12-13 and in the four consecutive seasons United finish fourth fifth, sixth and seventh."

"So in the last four years the best was fourth. This is football heritage. Means that when you start the process you are here, you are there or you are there, is heritage."

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Mourinho does have a slight point regarding City, their absolute brilliance this season is clouding people's judgement. In the seasons since they won the league, their current point total after 30 games would have them 1 point off the leaders in 13/14, 2 points behind in 14/15, top of the league in 15/16 and 4 points off in 16/17. Going out to Sevilla was poor but in a 'normal' league season, they'd be right in the title race.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Matic is the signing of the season.
How did you guys pull that one off is just unbelievable.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
giphy.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I’m loving this.

Wish we were perfoming, it would feel even better. Oh well, I’ll take what I can get.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I just watched Mourinho's comments from yesterday's presser. The man has lost his mother frelling mind.
The United coach saying United lacks a footballing heritage. :eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

My boy Rom deserves so much credit, everyone was writing him off and calling him a donkey but he's on course for 30 this season, a lot of the other shiny new strikers bought have faltered in comparison. His overall game has improved by miles, lovely hold up play too. Scary potential at 24.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

How did you guys pull that one off is just unbelievable.

He looks miles better when he plays with a midfielder that actually supports like McTominay. When Pogba plays he's pretty isolated and is overloaded in midfield, I think a good example is that game against Arsenal at the Emirates. We were so leaky.

I like him a lot, I'm just so glad we bought him and not Eric Dier.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom