• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jan Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I highly doubt we’ll spend more than £30m on a keeper, let alone £80m.

Would be crazy considering all the other areas we need to improve and with the small budget we supposedly have.
Could be possible with a structured deal. Also, you have to consider Oblak's age. He'd be our starting keeper for the next ten years (that's 8.8 million pounds year, not too bad in the long term for someone of his quality).

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
I'm not certain why people keep saying it only works out to 8.8m per year because he's going to be here for ten years. That's really not how this works. He's only guaranteed to be here for the length of his initial contract which would be around 5 years. So off the bat, you have to double that cost to 17.6m per year.

Once you take into consideration his contract, which will be around 10m per year for a keeper of his pedigree, that works out to 27.6m per year. And let's not forget, unless we can work out something with Atletico, that's an 88m we will need to go and deposit at the league office to release him. And let's ignore the agent fees and all that bullshït that would certainly send the cost up substantially.

Outside of all that, I wouldn't mind him at Arsenal.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'm not certain why people keep saying it only works out to 8.8m per year because he's going to be here for ten years. That's really not how this works. He's only guaranteed to be here for the length of his initial contract which would be around 5 years. So off the bat, you have to double that cost to 17.6m per year.

Once you take into consideration his contract, which will be around 10m per year for a keeper of his pedigree, that works out to 27.6m per year. And let's not forget, unless we can work out something with Atletico, that's an 88m we will need to go and deposit at the league office to release him. And let's ignore the agent fees and all that bullshït that would certainly send the cost up substantially.

Outside of all that, I wouldn't mind him at Arsenal.
If you’re going to argue “assumption” against me, then why do you assume he’d stay only 5 years?

And I’m sure we could workout something with Atletico that wouldn’t require 88m up front. Gazidis brought somebody in like Sanllehi for a reason.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Obviously the price is important but we need to rebuild starting from the back. A top keeper is vital, they spread confidence throughout the defence, suddenly players like Mustafi & Chambers start to play better because of the quality behind them. You have to go back years to when we had one of the best between the sticks. Don’t undervalue what a top keeper brings to a team!

Malky

Established Member
You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

Why the hell would we pay close to 100M for Jan ****ing Oblak? :lol:
With Neuer still injured, only De Gea is better than Oblak, in my opinion. To have a keeper of that standard in our team would be a massive upgrade, yes the price is crazy but the whole transfer market is ****ing insane right now.
This is certainly not happening as we've got too many positions needing addressed this summer to spend such an amount on a keeper.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
if the winter transfer season is anything to go by, we will fund part of purchases by sales, but there should be a certain net amount.

Elneny, Welbeck and possibly one of Xhaka/Mustafi/Chambers likely candidates to make way. if Oblak does come, I'm sure both Cech and Ospina will be off. although i'm sure Cech could stick around as backup, we probably can't afford to pay such high wages to a backup keeper.

Rouski

If we have a chance to sign this guy, we should footballing reasons before financial reasons. He is the best out option out there imho.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
dont see why would Oblak even leave Madrid. also, I believe there is lots of good keepers around, just need better clubs to move to in order to get credit for it

Crocrodile

dont see why would Oblak even leave Madrid. also, I believe there is lots of good keepers around, just need better clubs to move to in order to get credit for it

While I agree with the sentiment, Oblak is a top class keeper and you don't have those just lying around European leagues.

A significant raise in pay from a reported 25-30k he's on could be the reason for a move, similar to Auba. If we are to believe these sums, Iwobi's earning more than Jan Oblak. :lol:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Think we will go for Timo Horn, will cost 5m since Köln are getting relegated. Or Butland, if Stoke are going down. We dem budget boyzz

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Even if for some bizarre reason he was interested in coming we need a new defence, a new midfield and at least one decent winger, spending, most probably, our entire budget on a keeper (albeit an excellent one) would be idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom