• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
It’s not fair to compare Özil playing for arguably the worst Arsenal team ever, to a guy playing for the best team in the country with the most talented players alongside him.

If we want to be fair in our assessment then put Özil in City team with Aguero, Jesus, Sterling and Sane, and then put KDB in our team then let’s talk.

KDB is a quality player, but Raheem Sterling had a better season and influenced far more games than he did...but he’s the media’s unanimous POTY. Poor Mohamed Salah

FreakySami

7 goals and 14 assists - De Bruyne
4 goals and 8 assists - Özil

I love Mesut but on current form De Bruyne is the better of the two and offers more. 21 goal contributions outshines 12 any day.

I would like to see the pre assist and how many players he takes out with a pass, those are essentiel for that position.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I would like to see the pre assist and how many players he takes out with a pass, those are essentiel for that position.

DVsFIh4XUAE6knq.jpg:large

This was from february.. KDB has been on another level this season.

FreakySami

Very interesting, but we need to make it relative to the number of created chances not goals because then you are assuming both set of players who have the last shot score it. We know Manchester City are more clinical than us. Am I making sense?
what about how many players does a pass take out? This one is even more important because it shows how you impact the game directly although if there was a way to find out how your movement allows a player more room, it would be even more significant. Creating space is the most difficult thing to do in football.
I wonder. I wish I had a bunch of numbers per game, I'd like to do those sorts of analysis. Even if it's just player positioning per time. If somebody can tell me where to get them. I can make something that can do that ( I think)

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You new to A-M/Arsenal Twitter? That has been going on since Sept 2 2013 mate. :lol: :lol:

I get what you mean but that over the top praise came from the over the top criticism, sort of like a defense mechanism. However, now we have to praise him so we don't look like we got fleeced. Look at Man United fans with Pogba, they'll never admit they got ripped off for him

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
KDB is on another level.
More complete, more goals, more versatility, more in your face, more dynamic, more midfield, lethal in the final third, more balance, doesn't hide, doesn't turn off when things dont go his way.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

City have scored much more than us tho. 30 more goals than us in fact.

Especially the pre-assist stat is flawed when it comes to that. The players KDB plays with in attack, aguero, silva, raheem, and sane have 33 assists between them. One simple pass to one of those and he gets a pre-assist registered.

Not to take anything away from him. He has been brilliant, world class season.

Meh.. If Özil was in City they would have won the league already. If DeBruyne was here he would have less goals and assists than Özil.

Team sport an all that! Özil is still a bigger natural talent. Easily!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
KDB is on another level.
More complete, more goals, more versatility, more in your face, more dynamic, more midfield, lethal in the final third, more balance, doesn't hide, doesn't turn off when things dont go his way.
Truth.

Özil is ours and he's our world class player, but there are levels. Simple as that.

Crocrodile

Meh.. If Özil was in City they would have won the league already. If DeBruyne was here he would have less goals and assists than Özil.

Lawd...

DeBruyne is better at every facet of football than Özil ATM, as an Arsenal fan I 'm disgusted by the ignorance and homerism here.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lawd...

DeBruyne is better at every facet of football than Özil ATM, as an Arsenal fan I 'm disgusted by the ignorance and homerism here.
It's a bit Man Utd-ish at times. They can't just be very good, they have to be the bestestindaworld4evah!!!111!!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

He was surrounded by great players at Real Madrid and they only won the CL when he left. He also bettered his best assist stat at Real Madrid... at Arsenal, with Giroud in front of him.

Football maths don't add up, mate.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Özil to Arsenal instead of Madrid in 2010 would've made him into one of the greatest of all time. Mourinho coached the dribbling and directness he still had at Bremen out of him and made him a counter attacking pivot. Now add that back to his game - Wenger would've nver coached it out of him - and he's got everything you want in an atttacking mid along the pure, natural talent for football he's obviousvly got.

At Arsenal and Germany, he's shown he can assist and be a danger in the final third, but he can also drop deep or shift to the wings to pull the strings. De Bruyne, not wanting to take away from his game, but he's not as influential as Özil is on his own in terms of strategically taking over/influencing the rhythm of games. The Belgian is a match winner and game changer, no doubt, he's shown that at Wolfsburg already, but he does massively profit from the players around him at City and he's very much a final third player. Would still be rated as one of the best CAMs, but surely not as the outstanding one as he is now in England, if not for City right now. He's more of an active opportunist, if that makes sense, in that he does rely on other players to take over certain aspects of a game, e.g. to dictate play, whereas Özil has shown he can exactly do that. Which then again puts him further down the pitch, which decreases his output in the final third compared to De Bruyne, but furthers his influence on how games flow. It's not really about assisiting or about creativity and taking that away from Kevin, but I've never seen him run games in the way Mesut has done at Arsenal a couple of times.

It's a bit like comparing oranges and apples in terms of attacking mids, but all in all, I think Özil is the better footballer, who's had the unfortunate circumstance of playing under Mourinho who kinda streamlined him, which, for him at least, was probably the wrong measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom