• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You mean the same team that bought Pogba and Sanchez for all the money in heaven, did feck all with them and then benched them?
The team that's 17 points ahead of us, that would be challenging for the league in any other season if not for City's exceptional form. Pogba (who was having a good season until Sp**s away in January) and Alexis' individual form is irrelevant.
If Mourinho buys Bellerin he'll be just as **** for them as he is for us. If Pep buys him, he'll do for him what he did for Douglas Costa at Bayern. If Klopp buys him, he'll make something better of him. If it's Conte, he'll teach him to defend.

There's a much better player in Bellerin wanting to be chiseled out of him. Mourinho is no Michelangelo.

Bellerin would be a fool to go play for Jose (Fellaini is my secret weapon) Mourinho.
They've conceded the 2nd fewest goals in the league, most of the time without their best CB in Bailly and two former wingers at full-back. This is the manager who got title winning performances out of Gary Cahill, there can't be any doubt that Mourinho could improve him defensively.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The team that's 17 points ahead of us, that would be challenging for the league in any other season if not for City's exceptional form. Pogba (who was having a good season until Sp**s away in January) and Alexis' individual form is irrelevant.

They've conceded the 2nd fewest goals in the league, most of the time without their best CB in Bailly and two former wingers at full-back. This is the manager who got title winning performances out of Gary Cahill, there can't be any doubt that Mourinho could improve him defensively.
This is all academic. Maureen won't be there in 6 months and Bellerin wouldn't go there regardless.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

They've played **** football, which is why nobody cares about the difference between them and City and that ****ty excuse about them challenging in any other season. According to you they should be content with the point haul they've achieved, but it speaks volume that thier fans are not content and even want to sack the special ****.

It's all well and good getting results against Stoke and the likes playing the zombie football. Anybody can model that with the most expensive squad in the world. But reality is that the second they met a few Spanish chicos from the hood, they got utterly outplayed, so much that Maureen is having the biggest meltdown of his career.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They've played **** football, which is why nobody cares about the difference between them and City and that ****ty excuse about them challenging in any other season. According to you they should be content with the point haul they've achieved, but it speaks volume that thier fans are not content and even want to sack the special ****.

It's all well and good getting results against Stoke and the likes playing the zombie football. Anybody can model that with the most expensive squad in the world. But reality is that the second they met a few Spanish chicos from the hood, they got utterly outplayed, so much that Maureen is having the biggest meltdown of his career.
All that and they're still better than us, which was the point.

In space of few years he has been linked with City(one of the reason we had to give him massive contract last time), Barcelona, Juventus and United.

Such a huge starlet we have in our hands. Hellish circle losing him now, and what for? A little cash and we still have to find a cheap, no TWO cheap players in RB position in the summer when we have massive gaps in other positions. Cheap, young and we will have to develop them also.

Aevi

Hale End FC
All that and they're still better than us, which was the point.
I don't think they are. We murdered them at home.

Playing cowardly football is easy, especially with such an expensive squad. Anybody can do that.
There are actual stats to back @Furious up here. Using xG and xGA to calculate each team's expected points, we end up with marginally more points than Utd (51.22 to 51.07), which is remarkable considering we're actually 17 points behind them.

This suggests that Utd and us are playing at a similar level despite the difference in points, and are separated by luck, good goalkeeping, and better finishing of big chances.

Here are the stats I'm referring to if you guys want to take a look:

https://understat.com/league/EPL

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho will hate Bellerin. He's simply not his type of player. Wait and see.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Even if Bellerin turns into a world-class fullback, we'd end up with a top player in an obscure position. I'd prefer to have his money's worth invested into a more influential position. Goalkeepers, centerbacks, midfielders, goalscorers, they win games and that's where we need reinforcements.

I'm honestly indifferent on Bellerin staying or going, provided we get a good fee and reinvest appropriately.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This suggests that Utd and us are playing at a similar level despite the difference in points, and are separated by luck, good goalkeeping, and better finishing of big chances.
There's only so much you can get from analytics. For example, United could give up two clear 1v1s in a game they otherwise dominate completely, yet they'd have a higher xG against than we did vs Brighton despite being outplayed completely.

I think the numbers you posted would have more validity if the gap between us was closer than 17 points. Those metrics are good for evaluating performances on a game by game basis, but imo after 30 games the table doesn't lie and you are where you deserve to be.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think the numbers you posted would have more validity if the gap between us was closer than 17 points. Those metrics are good for evaluating performances on a game by game basis, but imo after 30 games the table doesn't lie and you are where you deserve to be.
Thing is, most other teams in the table don't vary anywhere near as much as Utd does, so I don't think Utd's wild difference in real vs expected points makes it lose too much credibility.

Of course, stats only take you so far. They do suggest things though, and there is definitely something to be interpreted from these stats.

Reactions: A_G

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As a team I don’t think Utd are any better than us considering some of the talent and money they’ve spent. Switch the keepers and the positions in the table could easily be reversed.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I'm honestly indifferent on Bellerin staying or going, provided we get a good fee and reinvest appropriately.

I am with you. I really don’t care if Hector leaves Arsenal. A couple of seasons ago maybe I would’ve been upset to see him leave us but now I couldn’t care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom