• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just play him like Lampard, don’t think Chelsea fans were complaining about him “just scoring goals”. :lol:

Btw Ramsey is good at tackling and winning the ball back. At his best he wasn’t simply a goal hanger like he’s made out to be.

He can contribute well in most areas but he obviously isn’t a Modric/Cazorla type which shouldn’t be the template for all midfielders. There are many ways to have a good midfield.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey covers the pitch with running like almost no other which enables him to be in more areas of the pitch than most other midfielders. Football isn't simply about technical ability - Cazorla would be one of the GOATs if that was the case.

skip spence

If there is a “making late run” attribute in fifa, Ramsey would be rated 95 in that particular category, but most of his other attributes would be just around 50-60. It’s true that Ramsey can score some goals with his 95 but, the overall team play will be bad because of his 50-60.

There is no doubt he has qualities in some areas, but the disadvantage of playing him (that affected our team performance) outweighed that.
So much bs in this thread I get upset and I don't usually get upset.

What Ramsey has that few other midfielders have is great final third decision-making and big balls. There's probably no such attributes in FIFA, I never played it, but I suppose an apt analogy for Ramsey would be a fantastic FIFA user playing with an average team.

Ramsey perhaps isn't the most technical player, or has the best shot, or is the fastest and trickiest dribbler, or the best passer, far from it. There may be youth players in our set-up who are better at most of these things.

But Ramsey is really good at using what he's got. He shoots when he should shoot without hesitation and he can move the ball quickly but is not afraid to drive with the ball either when that is apt. And when he fails he doesn't let it get to him, he just keeps playing the same way.

Our best midfielder by some distance.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, these Ramsey criticisms are totally absurd. The guy is approaching world class and is hitting the prime of his career.

Considering his massive injury, the natural development of his body, and his all-action style of play, it makes sense that during the earlier years of his career he would get annoying hamstring injuries. Resulting in kind of a perpetual stop-start career. But honestly, that has been the only thing holding him back from being a top, top player.

Ramsey's technique is perfectly fine for the highest level. Is it Cazorla level? No, but whose is? But he's just as good technically as Rakitic, and he starts for Barca. I'd say Ramsey's technique is on par with Kante's and we all agree that Kante is one of the best players in the league.

Ramsey has the technique, the stamina, and the strength to be a top midfielder before we even start talking about goals.

However, what sets him apart is that he's decisive in the final third. He can spot and execute a pass, knows where to make runs, and always creates space for himself in the box. He's always had this, even when he would miss chances he would position himself in the right places to score. Now he's putting away these chances.

As a B2B midfielder, he has 10 goals this season. Ramsey is an elite player.

Longy

Yeah, these Ramsey criticisms are totally absurd. The guy is approaching world class and is hitting the prime of his career.

Considering his massive injury, the natural development of his body, and his all-action style of play, it makes sense that during the earlier years of his career he would get annoying hamstring injuries. Resulting in kind of a perpetual stop-start career. But honestly, that has been the only thing holding him back from being a top, top player.

Ramsey's technique is perfectly fine for the highest level. Is it Cazorla level? No, but whose is? But he's just as good technically as Rakitic, and he starts for Barca. I'd say Ramsey's technique is on par with Kante's and we all agree that Kante is one of the best players in the league.

Ramsey has the technique, the stamina, and the strength to be a top midfielder before we even start talking about goals.

However, what sets him apart is that he's decisive in the final third. He can spot and execute a pass, knows where to make runs, and always creates space for himself in the box. He's always had this, even when he would miss chances he would position himself in the right places to score. Now he's putting away these chances.

As a B2B midfielder, he has 10 goals this season. Ramsey is an elite player.

this is what happens when you decriminalise pot.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've been critical but I'll give him credit for making a difference not only tonight but in so many games. Even more so with the stitches. He never gives up. Him Danny and Mo are the engine of the team atm .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom