• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Semi Final Draw: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid

Who do you want to draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I disagree with the pessimists.

I envisage us shocking Atletico Madrid and then somehow finding a way to lose to one of OM or RB Salzburg.

Salzburg have knocked out Sociedad, Dortmund and Lazio in consecutive ties now, they should be overlooked.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Injuries permitting.I'd go with:

----------Welbz--------Laca
--------------------Özil
Kola-------------------------------Belerin
---------------Xhaka-Ramsey
-------Monreal---------------Kos
---------------------Mustafi
----------------------Cech

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

frances_antoine_griezmann_shakes_hands_with_arsenal_manager_arse_245599.jpg

Everything said. No way Griezmann will destroy all these friendships. Sure he will have a little injury before these games.

Maybe good to be underdog once. It could be a similar game to the United game. Many possession, we will have some chances but they will use every defensive error.

Jae

Being away 2nd leg is what’s making the draw bad.
Have to have faith in the team though, the only thing we’ve done right in the last 5 years is cup comps.

If we can avoid conceding ( :lol: ) in the first leg it plays right into our hands.

Or better yet nick a 1-0 win.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I know conventional wisdom dictates trying to prevent away goals at home, but for the life of me I can't see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet. Maybe, the best way would be to throw caution to the wind and go full gung ho trying to get a 2 goal margin at home. Something like 3-1, 4-2 .

Reactions: Jae

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Seeing as we play Utd away between both legs, should we field the kids at Old Toilet and risk getting hammered, or do we field a strong team and risk getting injured?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Seeing as we play Utd away between both legs, should we field the kids at Old Toilet and risk getting hammered, or do we field a strong team and risk getting injured?
We play our first team defense and the kids in attack. Keep the score respectable and then use the excuse that we were playing our reserves against them. Pretty much what they did last year tbh.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We play our first team defense and the kids in attack. Keep the score respectable and then use the excuse that we were playing our reserves against them. Pretty much what they did last year tbh.

I've just noticed after the 2nd leg we have Burnley, that could be the day they over take us. Out of the EL and down to 7th all in a week.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I've just noticed after the 2nd leg we have Burnley, that could be the day they over take us. Out of the EL and down to 7th all in a week.
If we can't win the EL I'd prefer not to be involved in europe at all next season. Our current team with a couple of defensive additions is good enough to get top four next season if the league is all they have to concentrate on.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we can't win the EL I'd prefer not to be involved in europe at all next season. Our current team with a couple of defensive additions is good enough to get top four next season if the league is all they have to concentrate on.

If Wenger goes this summer then I will have more confidence that we can make the right defensive signings and get top 4 next season. We'll see!

Top Bottom