• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win the Europa or get a new manager

Would you rather win the Europa, or get a new manager?

• Win the Europa

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • New manager

Votes: 34 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I see your point and I feel most fans would love to see us win a European trophy. Contrary to CL snobbery, the EL is still serious silverware. But we cannot have another season with Wenger...the damage is getting worse with each passing season. Sven isnt a miraclemaker and wont stop Wenger being out-thought and out-schooled and being left even fuether behind than he already is.

We need a fresh start to get the fire under us again. He needs to go.

Personally I’ve made peace with us being sh*t next year. After the last two years my expectations are at rock bottom.

There’s nothing this club can do to hurt me anymore. Winning the EL could do great things for the club, Atletico and Sevilla used it as a stepping stone for bigger things. Create a culture of winning, and get some European experience.

Reactions: Jae

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I’d give up the trophy if he’s staying on beyond next season. **** that. At this rate the 2019-20 campaign will be a relegation dogfight. I’m not even kidding.

We'll finish 5th next year.

And honestly, I'd take that deal 9 out of 10 times. It's an European trophy and a CL spot, and maybe he lucks out another FA Cup.

Look at Sp**s, they've been the better team as far as the league is concerned for two years now. For all the talk of powershift, we still have more to show and having another European trophy over them matters for me.

Either way, the knock on the door is loud enough for all to hear. He will be done in a couple of years most

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
New manager for me. I would happily go through next season with no European football if we got Jardim or Allegri. Two managers who can look at their squad and realise they need to play two upfront.

c00lguy

I don't get the downplaying of the Europa league. We've never won the champions league or its equivalent in our club's entire history. We haven't won a single European trophy for 25 years. We were always poor in Europe.
The Europa league is really important to this club.

TriniGunner

I don't get the downplaying of the Europa league. We've never won the champions league or its equivalent in our club's entire history. We haven't won a single European trophy for 25 years. We were always poor in Europe.
The Europa league is really important to this club.

We aren't going to win this current Europa League with that defense...just won't happen. Madrid isn't the type of team that would have a hard time with the likes of Mustafi.

TriniGunner

New manager for me. I would happily go through next season with no European football if we got Jardim or Allegri. Two managers who can look at their squad and realise they need to play two upfront.

This x1000. The people hoping for this current crop of players to improve under this manager have clearly been living in a bubble over the past 12 years.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I agree with what @CurryFlavoured said - our presence in the tournament has really masked how diabolical this season has been. It's been utterly dogshit and unacceptable. Zero ****ing away points in 2018 and it's mid-April. **** that. We need the narrative to swing back to how ****ing bad we've been. The FA Cup last year masked how poor we were and the EL will do the same. We've turned into a team that has a shout at Cups but the measure will always be the PL where we're regressing at an alarming rate.

Winning the EL will be a minor boost to the fans and the clubs but it will hurt the club in the long run because it will be used as a justification to not only keep Arsène, but extend his contract as there's no way he will be allowed to have another season where he's got one year left on his contract. The BoD might be convinced that he's done but that doesn't ****ing matter, the only one with any sway is Stan and Stan is a Wenger disciple. The only way I can see a situation where we win the EL and Wenger is forced to see out his final season is that somehow Josh Kroenke can see the writing on the wall for Arsène. If Josh can see it, maybe he can convince Papa to see likewise but that's a big ****ing IF.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Winning the EL will be a minor boost to the fans and the clubs but it will hurt the club in the long run because it will be used as a justification to not only keep Arséne, but extend his contract as there's no way he will be allowed to have another season where he's got one year left on his contract.

This is a good point. A decision has to be made at the end of this season. They either sack him or extend him by another year. As you say they’re not going to want to have the same **** that happened at the end of last season. Winning the Europa and getting back into the champions league would probably make them lean towards extending him.

Preacher

Always Crying
9gxi9dK.gif

Poll results are much more closer than I thought it gonna be. Special thank to Ivan, Stan and other mugs, who put fans in this situation.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Are we all convinced then that Wenger wouldn't chose to go if he finally won that elusive European trophy?

Why shouldn't we have it both ways for once?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Depends whether you believe his reached a point of no return, which for those that matter hasn't happened yet. So long as we win the odd trophy and get back into the CL the cycle will continue.

For the next few years what does winning the Europa League actually achieve; outside of a revenue increase? Out in the last 16 and then a fight in April/May to ensure we can do the same next season most likely.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Are we all convinced then that Wenger wouldn't chose to go if he finally won that elusive European trophy?

Why shouldn't we have it both ways for once?
No way he goes. Board can’t/won’t sack a manager who just won a European trophy and we know they always go for the easy option. Sacking Wenger requires balls they don’t have.

As for Wenger, he genuinely doesn’t seem to accept his decline so no way he walks either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom