• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You ok trax? :lol:

Bumping your own post from a couple of hours ago demanding to know why it hasn’t got more likes is pretty questionable behaviour.

Wasn’t even that good a post.

First half was wrong, nobody is making up any stories. Second part is an odd mishmash of David Dein and Oscar Wilde which (to be frank) doesn’t make any sense. What am I missing?
:lol: Can't believe you're not impressed by people quoting Oscar Wilde on a football forum ffs. You're a hard man to please.

Maybe you're more partial to the romantics. I'll slip in a bit Coleridge when you least expect it. ;)

say yes

forum master baiter
So long as it isn't Chips With Everything....
1444905325583_lc_galleryImage_SIR_CHIPS_KESWICK_OF_HAMB.JPG

(That’s Sir Chips Keswick laughing at your joke, just in case this was getting too niche)

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
:lol: Can't believe you're not impressed by people quoting Oscar Wilde on a football forum ffs. You're a hard man to please.

Maybe you're more partial to the romantics. I'll slip in a bit Coleridge when you least expect it. ;)
How about:

"What a... what a...load of dross
And no Arsène to blame"?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You were lucky to get one like.
The WOB (surely this needs to be renamed after he's leaving as they still seem to be intent on hounding him?) are like all pressure groups. Noisy but in a small minority insofar as their lack of respect for the guy's achievements. Proof being how all attempts at the stadium - where the real fans, not the internet trolls, are to be found - to organise protests against Wenger failed miserably.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Scenes when Wenger replaces Moyes this season and we finish above you. Will be hard for Wenger to pass up with Mark Nobkamp and Marky Arnauthierry at the club.

For real though I would ****ing love to see Wenger work at a ****e club, it would be fascinating to see what he could accomplish. Say what you want about him but he consistently overperformed with average players for years and he still has an eye for talent that is easily good enough for a club like us.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Scenes when Wenger replaces Moyes this season and we finish above you. Will be hard for Wenger to pass up with Mark Nobkamp and Marky Arnauthierry at the club.

For real though I would ****ing love to see Wenger work at a ****e club, it would be fascinating to see what he could accomplish. Say what you want about him but he consistently overperformed with average players for years and he still has an eye for talent that is easily good enough for a club like us.
I think West Ham is potentially a good gig but Wenger seems to have ruled himself out of managing in England.

Moyes has done reasonably well with what he has but you should be aiming for a top half finish next season and that requires major surgery.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The WOB (surely this needs to be renamed after he's leaving as they still seem to be intent on hounding him?) are like all pressure groups. Noisy but in a small minority insofar as their lack of respect for the guy's achievements. Proof being how all attempts at the stadium - where the real fans, not the internet trolls, are to be found - to organise protests against Wenger failed miserably.
?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Proof being how all attempts at the stadium - where the real fans, not the internet trolls, are to be found - .

**** like this annoys me. Putting up monetary barriers between "real fans" and the people who cannot afford to go there every week. You basically just said all the Americans on here aren't real fans.

Even if you live in the area it's what, at least £150 a month to go to every game without a season ticket? Well, guess there aren't any real fans among the millions of students, much less anyone below the age of 18.

I get the point you're trying to make, but this sentiment irks me whenever I see it.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
**** like this annoys me. Putting up monetary barriers between "real fans" and the people who cannot afford to go there every week. You basically just said all the Americans on here aren't real fans.

Even if you live in the area it's what, at least £150 a month to go to every game without a season ticket? Well, guess there aren't any real fans among the millions of students, much less anyone below the age of 18.

I get the point you're trying to make, but this sentiment irks me whenever I see it.
This irritates me too. I don't live in London but not a million miles away either. What these types don't seem to grasp is it's not just the dreadful ticket prices you're only paying for. You have maybe kids, petrol/train fares/bus fares/ taxis, food and drink, programmes etc. If i were to go to Burnley at home, I'd looking at well over 100 quid. **** that.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Actually I believe he should have won more trophies. This is far from scientific but, apart from his mistakes and faults, I think Wenger was often an UNLUCKY manager. I know you largely make your own luck but:

1) Henry and Ljungberg both failing to put away good chances to win us the CL.
2) Abramovich buying Chelsea (he was interested in Arsenal first) just when we had to start tightening our belts
3) Bergkamp missing the injury time penalty to deny Manu the treble
4) Referee fails to see TWO goal-denying handballs in Cup Final to Liverpool which we go on to lose 2-1
5) The bizarre goal which loses us the League Cup against Birmingham
6) Kronke taking over when he was originally a pariah for the old guard on the board
7) Ramsey's broken leg precipitates the collapse which costs us a league title
8) Winterburn and Keown own goals pretty much cost us two other league titles

And on and on and on. Some will argue that luck evens out but there's no scientific basis for that either. What I have is a hunch. 3 or 4 things go our way which didn't and we would be saying goodbye to a guy who'd won us the CL, 5/6 league titles and 9/10 Fa Cups. But that is in an alternative universe.

Good Post with some good points, I'd also add the sheer number of injuries in the seasons 13/14, 14/15 & 15/16 cost us at least one premier league title; in those three campaigns the winners were Man City, Chelsea and Leicester but I guarantee if any of them were without the number of players in their squads like Arsenal they would not have finished above us. In 14/15 we had 11-12 players out injured for a month which is crazy, 11 PLAYERS!

To be fair and balanced though we've had luck go our way on numerous occasions too.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Me too. I live thousands of KMs away. I would love to see Arsdenal live. Or any PL game.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

How about:

"What a... what a...load of dross
And no Arséne to blame"?
When Browning said 'If a man's reach cannot exceed his grasp then what's a heaven for'. He was clearly talking about performing above your squad cost in my view.

Maybe that'll impress @say yes more than the ramblings of Wilde.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

This irritates me too. I don't live in London but not a million miles away either. What these types don't seem to grasp is it's not just the dreadful ticket prices you're only paying for. You have maybe kids, petrol/train fares/bus fares/ taxis, food and drink, programmes etc. If i were to go to Burnley at home, I'd looking at well over 100 quid. **** that.
To be fair everything irrates you grandpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom