• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Hope it's truly a good deal this time.

At the time of the Puma deal it looked big initially, but several months later United got double on their deal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Sleeve sponsorships are nice but #GazidisOut if he can't secure an official dating app for the club

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How are Chelsea getting three times as much as City for Nike kits? Also how the f*ck are Chelsea getting 60m a year for what is essentially a plain blue t-shirt with a white tick on it?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'm all for the Adidas deal, but wouldn't 40m a year soon come to look like peanuts if Utd and Chelsea are already on way more than that? You'd imagine City, Sp*rs and L'pool could renegotiate for much more than 40m when they renew their deals, leaving us with the smallest.

IslingtonBornandbred

Henry talking this evening on Monday Night Football. Speaking about the move to the Emirates from Highbury and how he felt the move hindered progress on the pitch at a time when we were in a strong position. Didn't really know where to put this but I suppose it can be linked to finances. From a personal preference and I'm sure many fans share the same view, I'd have loved us to stay at Highbury and I know there were initial plans in the late 90's to try and extend it but the local residents blocked it but I of course understand the reasoning for moving to the Emirates.

He said: "I always have a, not a regret because you can't regret what happens in life as it happens for a reason, but a slight disappointment. We never took advantage of our dominance.

"For example, we were the attractive club but because we were moving into a new stadium and leaving Highbury, which was apparently important and it had to happen.

"We can all speculate now and say: 'Yes we would have dominated' (had we stayed at Highbury) but all I know, and it is a fact, is that we didn't take advantage

"Not only that, we were not adding what we were losing. So you are losing Patrick Vieira and you are losing Robert Pires. I'm not going to name everyone but you are losing quality, winners, and voices in the dressing room.

"I understood where the club was going and Arsène and the club did an amazing job to maintain being the club that the club was at the time. However, we didn't take advantage of that and the rest is history.

"We can be here speculating on what we would have been if we'd stayed at Highbury but at times I look at it and go grrrrr."

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Henry talking this evening on Monday Night Football. Speaking about the move to the Emirates from Highbury and how he felt the move hindered progress on the pitch at a time when we were in a strong position. Didn't really know where to put this but I suppose it can be linked to finances. From a personal preference and I'm sure many fans share the same view, I'd have loved us to stay at Highbury and I know there were initial plans in the late 90's to try and extend it but the local residents blocked it but I of course understand the reasoning for moving to the Emirates.

He said: "I always have a, not a regret because you can't regret what happens in life as it happens for a reason, but a slight disappointment. We never took advantage of our dominance.

"For example, we were the attractive club but because we were moving into a new stadium and leaving Highbury, which was apparently important and it had to happen.

"We can all speculate now and say: 'Yes we would have dominated' (had we stayed at Highbury) but all I know, and it is a fact, is that we didn't take advantage

"Not only that, we were not adding what we were losing. So you are losing Patrick Vieira and you are losing Robert Pires. I'm not going to name everyone but you are losing quality, winners, and voices in the dressing room.

"I understood where the club was going and Arséne and the club did an amazing job to maintain being the club that the club was at the time. However, we didn't take advantage of that and the rest is history.

"We can be here speculating on what we would have been if we'd stayed at Highbury but at times I look at it and go grrrrr."
And people say this man doesn't love the club? Make him Assistant Manager at least!

KROENKE SUCKS

Wage bill and fees have never been higher, yet tv money and sponsorship money has never been higher either. So the board/Kroenke are full of ****. Also Im pretty sure our net transfer outlay this year was 0 so its not like we've been spending a tonne either...

All of this just proves what I have been saying all along, the limited spending was a Kroenke board policy and had nothing to do with Wenger. Kroenke OUT!

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

Absolute. ****ing. Bollocks!
And people dare to claim that Wenger was the main problem...The man worked miracles between 2005-2013.

The board/owners have always been the no.1 problem. Cheap ass motherfuckers.

We're the 6th biggest team in terms of revenue and yet, despite making a profit from transfers (made £18m profit in the summer and about £2-3m profit in January), they are claiming we have no money? Despite making 2 record singings. WE MADE ****ING MONEY. Are they ****ing kidding me. £50m budget? What the ****? Where is all the money going? We have less spending money than the ****ing promoted teams.

What unambitious ****s.

KROENKE SUCKS

Came here to post just this. Absolutely disgraceful -- a 6th/7th place finish and the board will only deign to give the new guy (replacing a legend, mind you) a fraction of the budget of the clubs he's chasing, bar Spuds?

This together with the amounts Wenger spent when Dein was here show that all this austerity we've been dealing with has been Kroenke's all along.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
This together with the amounts Wenger spent when Dein was here show that all this austerity we've been dealing with has been Kroenke's all along.
I don't blame Arsène at all for the truly lean years (they're actually to his credit), but he's wasted quite a bit in the past few.

Agreed with you on Kroenke, though. The guy doesn't seem to get that the cost of running a successful club doesn't merely grow at the rate of inflation. 50MM is ~5th place money in this league these days, especially given Klopp's apparent adroitness in the market (and the fact that Sp**s are young and good).

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This will be higher if we qualify for the Champions League. If so, you can add ~30 million Pounds to it.

Moreover, not too worried about it if we keep Wilshere and add Meyer on a free (even with the signing-on fee) for midfield depth - still would like a true defensive midfielder though. Not to mention, we should break even with Wilshere's new contract and adding Meyer's after Santi, Bramall, and Campbell leave on frees and Mertesacker retires. Then we can sell the dross like Jenkinson, Perez, Asano, Akpom, and Martinez. There's a decent amount there to be added to the transfer chest. Plus, Monreal, Koscielny, and Ospina might be sold too.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
That article is surely a load of pish. It argues that we don't have a big transfer budget because we've spent a lot and added a lot to the wage bill, completely ignoring the fact that in the last 2 windows we had a positive net spend. Yes Auba, Mkhi and Özil's wages are an increase, but this is surely balanced by Ox, Gabriel, Alexis, Giroud, Theo, Debuchy, Gibbs etc all leaving.

This perception that we've ramped up spending recently is bollocks, we've just bought a lot while selling a lot. Now that could be encouraging cos it means we should still have significant funds, or it could be worrying as it means we're still cheapskates. We're not spending 200m this summer, but 50m is way off. It's not 2010 ffs, small mid-table PL clubs spend 50m these days.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
The quality of journalism in UK is appaling. Every cvnt with 5 minutes of spare time could come up with bullshit like Jeremy Wilson.

Dammit

Don't buy the 50m figures lads. The newspapers now want to sell articles with Arsenal negativity more than ever. It's generating massive amount of money for them through ads on the site, because we fool people click on them.

Top Bottom