• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I predict a striker, defensive midfielder, possibly a left-back. Can't see it being that amount. Maybe another midfielder to replace Yaya in the squad.

Do you think Aguero is leaving? Cause with him and Jesus you're quite settled at CF, I think. Another creative winger in the Sané/B. Silva/Sterling mold is more likely, City were in for Mahrez and have been linked to Lemar. Two CMs are very likely, too. Someone more creative and a workhorse more defensive minded type, probably.
A leftback is pretty likely. Guardiola was quite pissed when he lost Mendy, afaik.

Do you believe everything you read?

Also, where on this planet would Alcantara be a direct replacement for D. Silva? That role will go to B. Silva and hopefully Foden.

"That role will go to B. Silva and Thiago." Your youngsters don't stand any chance.

But, on a serious note, don't think Thiago will be allowed to leave Bayern. It's probably Fred and Jorginho.

Do you think Aguero is leaving? Cause with him and Jesus you're quite settled at CF, I think. Another creative winger in the Sané/B. Silva/Sterling mold is more likely, City were in for Mahrez and have been linked to Lemar. Two CMs are very likely, too. Someone more creative and a workhorse more defensive minded type, probably.
A leftback is pretty likely. Guardiola was quite pissed when he lost Mendy, afaik.

"That role will go to B. Silva and Thiago." Your youngsters don't stand any chance.

But, on a serious note, don't think Thiago will be allowed to leave Bayern. It's probably Fred and Jorginho.
I cannot see Aguero leaving this summer, I'd be gutted for him to be stuck on 199 goals !

I think another striker is a possibility, we've had a number of times this season when only one of GJ and Sergio has been fit, and Guardiola wasn't happy with that. Shame really, as despite a few high profile misses, Sterling has done really well when pushed further forward, centrally.

Mahrez is still in City's thoughts, from what I have read. Pretty sure Lemar isn't, Fred has been put on the backburner due to his indecisiveness (apparently) and the notion that Jorginho has become available.

Think we've done brilliantly at left back in the league, considering Mendy has only started 4 games since signing, Delph has been superb, a real bonus, Zinchenko did ok as well, for a left midfielder.

I think you are wrong about the youth, Pep adores Foden, and with D. Silva coming towards the end of his City career, I think we'll see more and more of him. The trouble is, the better your first team are, the harder it is for youngsters to break through. I have hopes for Brahim Diaz too, very skillful lad.

It's going to be interesting the next few years for us, to see how we evolve. I just hope we can get to 40 points each season ;)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I cannot see Aguero leaving this summer, I'd be gutted for him to be stuck on 199 goals !

I think another striker is a possibility, we've had a number of times this season when only one of GJ and Sergio has been fit, and Guardiola wasn't happy with that. Shame really, as despite a few high profile misses, Sterling has done really well when pushed further forward, centrally.

Mahrez is still in City's thoughts, from what I have read. Pretty sure Lemar isn't, Fred has been put on the backburner due to his indecisiveness (apparently) and the notion that Jorginho has become available.

Think we've done brilliantly at left back in the league, considering Mendy has only started 4 games since signing, Delph has been superb, a real bonus, Zinchenko did ok as well, for a left midfielder.

I think you are wrong about the youth, Pep adores Foden, and with D. Silva coming towards the end of his City career, I think we'll see more and more of him. The trouble is, the better your first team are, the harder it is for youngsters to break through. I have hopes for Brahim Diaz too, very skillful lad.

It's going to be interesting the next few years for us, to see how we evolve. I just hope we can get to 40 points each season ;)

Dunno how much game time Foden picks up next year with Jorginho incoming to an already stacked midfield.

I’d try and sort out a loan for him, he’s clearly talented but needs regular football.

pacstud

lol at even the remote notion that $hitty is "building" anything.

Everyone has to buy and sell but there are levels and degrees. What $hitty is doing is going to cause a change (hopefully) to return some semblance of parity to the league.

The product is suffering because $hitOil Incorporated is just peeling off the bills.

700 million in two years. Unfathomable.

Dunno how much game time Foden picks up next year with Jorginho incoming to an already stacked midfield.

I’d try and sort out a loan for him, he’s clearly talented but needs regular football.
Jorginho, if he came, would be the long-term replacement for Fernandinho, Foden is an attacking player, not the same at all.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Very interesting. Reminds me of Atletico. Viable, but kinda dirty.

Always been a Pep tactic, even at Barca they'd foul quickly to stop opposition counter-attacks and slow them down. They'd tend to do it in rotation and often get away without a booking too. I think their reputation for being a team that purely plays football "in the right way" meant that referees were lenient toward them in that regard. I.e when Xavi or even Messi did it, they'd get away without a booking because they "weren't that sort of player" yet would do it quite often.

Toby

Yep, won the league by a country mile because we foul players.

That's not what I was saying or even implicating. Though it's still a rather dirty aspect of Pep teams.

You'd be such an alright poster if you wouldnt take everything so personal and be so apologetic concerning somewhat dodgy aspects to City's play, politics, etc. Just acknowledge it. Not any club has a clean sleeve nowadays, but the way you go about defending City just implicates you more.

That's not what I was saying or even implicating. Though it's still a rather dirty aspect of Pep teams.

You'd be such an alright poster if you wouldnt take everything so personal and be so apologetic concerning somewhat dodgy aspects to City's play, politics, etc. Just acknowledge it. Not any club has a clean sleeve nowadays, but the way you go about defending City just implicates you more.
Implicates me? How bizarre, what does that even mean?

Of course City foul, so does every other team, so to single City out for it, is crass and not relevant.

Toby

Implicates me? How bizarre, what does that even mean?

Of course City foul, so does every other team, so to single City out for it, is crass and not relevant.

See, you're still dancing around. The implication wasn't meant towards you and it's fairly easy to read.

I said I wasn't implicating City won the league cause they were fouling a lot. They won cause they were the best team, but that includes the shady aspect of niggly, tactical fouls, trying to get the ref on your side in a very shady, specific way. Tactical fouls are, as of the contemporary rules, allowed. But postulating "actually playing football" and then reverting to the dirtiest, non penalized method of breaking up opposition play by the means of organized tactical fouling on grand scale don't go together very well. At least in my book.

Top Bottom