• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

KROENKE SUCKS

Because the club needs healing.

Removing Wenger or Wenger leaving (depending on your perspective) squares most of that healing open and honest dialogue closes it off. Otherwise the next guy whoever he is will suffer from the Wenger hangover.

The club needs healing? Wtf are we a war torn nation? Maybe we should all hold hands and sing kumbaya with Archbishop Desmond Tutu. GTFO with this ****.

What we need is ambitious ownership. Its going to be very disappointing to me if after all the **** the fans have given Wenger, they now turn around and bend over while Gazidis and Kroenke run the club in the same exact way.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
See above where I mention him speaking in riddles. Why are the fans not happy? At least acknowledge it explicitly. Which is why we're having this conversation.
If he did acknowledge it, he'd only say something about the fans after it. He's a slippery fvcker. He's determined to make out that our sh!t results were not his fault. Such a shame really. If he really was going to go about this in the classiest way possible, he'll say nothing about fans. Who cares now anyway, he can tell himself all sorts of sh!t until the cows come home. He wont be here next year and that's what's most important.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some nice lies in that article by arseblog, says we only have 50M to spend because of all the spending we have been doing when net spend is +20M.
Net spend in the last 4 years has been less than a quarter of City. But all the time we've been told by Swiss Ramble that we've got loads in the bank, and worse, the Forbes rich list keeps saying we're in the top 10 richest clubs in Europe. All of which has been used to hammer Wenger into the ground as some sort of penny pinching miser.

Now he's going, it turns out we've only got a bit more to spend than the likes of Stoke City. The next manager will have to be some sort of genius to compete with the other top 5 clubs with a £50m war chest and this thin squad.

AMN and Nketiah had better turn into Alli and Kane or we *****ed.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Net spend in the last 4 years has been less than a quarter of City. But all the time we've been told by Swiss Ramble that we've got loads in the bank, and worse, the Forbes rich list keeps saying we're in the top 10 richest clubs in Europe. All of which has been used to hammer Wenger into the ground as some sort of penny pinching miser.

Now he's going, it turns out we've only got a bit more to spend than the likes of Stoke City. The next manager will have to be some sort of genius to compete with the other top 5 clubs with a £50m war chest and this thin squad.

You might find this article by Paul Tomkins, who writes about Liverpool and is co-creator of the Transfer Price Index, interesting.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2018/04/sp...uardiola-no-better-than-wenger-and-much-more/

pacstud

He wont be here next year and that's what's most important.
This is where you can shove your f*cking rampage up your ass. ;)

I'm in favor of this move (last year) but it is NOT what's most important.

It only satiates those with some egocentric axe to grind.

Losing a WC manager, THAT'S what's gonna fix us? ffs that's daft.

How about a goalie that doesn't move slower than a geriatric picking up his newspaper?

How about not ONE but TWO CB?

DCM?

ffs what manager are we getting that turns Cech into a f*cking cybernetic organism?

He's gone, now let's address the REAL problems (personnel and ownership).

Biggest red f*cking herring in football history.

pacstud

Worse, they'll pinch pennies even harder.

Feeder club incoming. Old cheap vets and pups. When we're healthy we can challenge for top 4, when injuries hit we'll be mid-tier.

Everyone said it can't get worse. It can.

If ownership doesn't spend it'll be called the Big 5.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Worse, they'll pinch pennies even harder.

Feeder club incoming. Old cheap vets and pups. When we're healthy we can challenge for top 4, when injuries hit we'll be mid-tier.

Everyone said it can't get worse. It can.

If ownership doesn't spend it'll be called the Big 5.
Spot on.

Read the article that @Slartibartfast posted above. I know you'll find it interesting.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is where you can shove your f*cking rampage up your ass. ;)

I'm in favor of this move (last year) but it is NOT what's most important.

It only satiates those with some egocentric axe to grind.

Losing a WC manager, THAT'S what's gonna fix us? ffs that's daft.

How about a goalie that doesn't move slower than a geriatric picking up his newspaper?

How about not ONE but TWO CB?

DCM?

ffs what manager are we getting that turns Cech into a f*cking cybernetic organism?

He's gone, now let's address the REAL problems (personnel and ownership).

Biggest red f*cking herring in football history.
I hear your behind is wide enough to fit a rampage in it--yes, 'Rampage' the big black MMA fighter. ;)

As for the rest, look, he's going, and that's what the club needed.

People blamed the board for us being sh!t because apparently had they not given him another contract, we wouldn't be in this mess... So now the board **** him off, they're STILL to blame?

And you talk of people who are glad he's going, merely having an egocentric axe to grind, despite you also wanting him gone :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

pacstud

I hear your behind is wide enough to fit a rampage in it--yes, 'Rampage' the big black MMA fighter. ;)

As for the rest, look, he's going, and that's what the club needed.

People blamed the board for us being sh!t because apparently had they not given him another contract, we wouldn't be in this mess... So now the board **** him off, they're STILL to blame?

And you talk of people who are glad he's going having merely having an egocentric axe to grind, despite you also wanting him gone :lol::lol::lol:
My contradictions are my own, as is my capability of stowing MMA dudes in my rear....allegedly.

Wanting him gone is not all equal. I have never contended he was our primary, secondary, or honestly even tertiary problem. Maaaaaybe quaternary, but only from a cultural standpoint.

Our core problems continue to be talent and depth. Getting rid of Wenger doesn't fix that, despite the fanboys love affair for Nelson and Co.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't subscribe to this notion of Wenger 'shielding' the board.

Our finances were and are there for everybody to see. It should be perfectly evident to anybody that we are unable to match the spending of City and or United, whilst being able to match Liverpool, Sp**s, and in recent years, Chelsea.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, Wenger has had unparalleled control over footballing operations at Arsenal. It's logical that one would hold him responsible for failures in that department. The only thing Wenger could have been unhappy with is the money situation but he stated repeatedly that he considered keeping the club in the top 4, during the years immediately proceeding our move to the, Emirates as a stimulating challenge.

If it's a question of 'helping' him, all you need to do is look at how he reacted at the mere talk of the club hiring a DoF.

With all that in mind I'm not exactly sure what Wenger was shielding the club hierarchy from. If anything keeping him as manager was just a convenient, albeit lazy, way for them to put off the inevitable transition which the club so painfully needed.

I have to disagree there when we first moved into the stadium we were extremely tight with finances and no we could not outspend Liverpool . Actually Liverpool and Sp**s have outspent us every season from 2005/2010. FSG has since continued to pump money into Pool as well .

Whilst we have had a positive balance sheet , these were actually kept so by player sales and the sale of property we had invested in . We also did not get the prices or interest we hoped for thanks to the Global housing crisis. We eventually sold the rest in 2009, Arsenal sold 150 apartments in Highbury Square to London and Stamford property at a 20 per cent discount to market value because several buyers failed to complete apartment purchases. Arsenal cleared their debt on Highbury Square in 2010.

In actual fact actual commercial revenue was poor and not helped by the fact that the board had locked in 10 year deals on sponsorships whereas other teams were able to renegotiate every few years .

All the while Hill wood kept maintaining there was plenty of money for transfers "if Arsène wants it . "

To me at least he shielded the board in these ways . He kept us in the top 4 whilst operating on a restricted budget compared to our peers , he never contradicted (not till the last 5 years at least) and he was a buffer for the board at AGMs , who by all accounts were rude and uninterested to all and sundry . That is what I mean by shielding .

However I do think that Ivan has taken the right steps as everything comes to an end and think the future is bright in the long run .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

BobP

Memri Fan
I have to disagree there when we first moved into the stadium we were extremely tight with finances and no we could not outspend Liverpool . Actually Liverpool and Sp**s have outspent us every season from 2005/2010. FSG has since continued to pump money into Pool as well .

You've misunderstood.

On the question of finances, I am referring to the current situation. We are able to match Liverpool, Tottenham, and to a certain point, Chelsea. I couldn't have been referring to the period immediately proceeding our move to the Emirates because there was no way we could have matched Chelsea back then, or Liverpool and Tottenham as you've noted for that matter.

To me at least he shielded the board in these ways . He kept us in the top 4 whilst operating on a restricted budget compared to our peers , he never contradicted (not till the last 5 years at least) and he was a buffer for the board at AGMs , who by all accounts were rude and uninterested to all and sundry . That is what I mean by shielding .

I'm sure the board sat him down before the move to the Emirates and told him in no uncertain terms the difficulties which the club would have to face going into the future. If he wasn't happy with the situation he could have walked away, there would have been no shortage of clubs looking to acquire his services. My point is he knew what he was signing up for. The club didn't get him to sign a 10 year contract before saying "Sorry, you only have 10M to spend every transfer window without player sales".

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You might find this article by Paul Tomkins, who writes about Liverpool and is co-creator of the Transfer Price Index, interesting.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2018/04/sp...uardiola-no-better-than-wenger-and-much-more/
I kept reading, hoping to reach the end of the article.

Can't be arsed to read a wall of text in the middle of the week.So I closed the tab, and agree with whoever wrote the article. Kindly put boobies or kittens in each paragraph to generate interest.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You've misunderstood.

On the question of finances, I am referring to the current situation. We are able to match Liverpool, Tottenham, and to a certain point, Chelsea. I couldn't have been referring to the period immediately proceeding our move to the Emirates because there was no way we could have matched Chelsea back then, or Liverpool and Tottenham as you've noted for that matter.

I'm sure the board sat him down before the move to the Emirates and told him in no uncertain terms the difficulties which the club would have to face going into the future. If he wasn't happy with the situation he could have walked away, there would have been no shortage of clubs looking to acquire his services. My point is he knew what he was signing up for. The club didn't get him to sign a 10 year contract before saying "Sorry, you only have 10M to spend every transfer window without player sales".

Yeah fair enough , last 3 years there is no excuse we had the basis of a title winning we just ****ed up in the market no hiding that .

On your 2nd point he did offer his resignation when DD was fired and there is this but it's only Wengers word .

"When we built the stadium the banks demanded that I signed for five years," said the 66-year-old Frenchman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom